PDA

View Full Version : VVME sucks!!

SoFresh
02-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Ok, I have bought many HID kits before, both from CQlighting.ca, and VVME. I purchased a set of VVME 6000k HIDs reciently and recieved them from Hong Kong which took about a week and a half (when in the discription on ebay, which was a VVME seller, rep, it said shipped from our wharehouse in the USA)... so that was a lie. After plugging them in to my Acura Integra (my Daily Driver), only one ballast and one bulb seemed to work, so I tried the dead bulb on the working ballast, and everything, visa-versa. Comes to find out, only one worknig ballast and one working bulb. So I email VVME directly and also through ebay, they tell me to send them an additional $45 to cover shipping charges, I told them I refuse to do so, since I paid already for a full workng set and recieved a half working set... they responded with

"Dear sir, the $45 is to cover the shipping costs..." WTF is that about, am I the only one who thinks its crazy to send them an additional $45 to get one working ballast and bulb sent to me? It should have worked to begin with!!! So VVME has a 14 month warranty on their bulbs and ballasts.... that is BS!

I have never had an issue with them in the past, however this is the first time Ive ever had an issue with their products. I guess their customer service doesnt stand up to their reputation..

I filed a paypal dispute... hopefully Ill just get my money back or they will send me a new ballast and bulb without me having to pay an additional $45, cause that is BS!

jman8806
02-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Vvme Rules! My Bro And My Homie With An R Has Em And It Works Perfectly, Sorry About Your Loss.

Calisto
02-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I just had the same exact problem, Im almost guessing that they do this on purpose if you buy them from ebay because its cheaper than their site, so they send you one bad one on purpose, I just bit the bullet and sent $35 for the new one, funny that they are charging you $45 for the same thing this is the message I got from them:

If you still think there is some problem with it. You have the following options, but option 3 is recommended:
1. Send the WHOLE kit back to us, we will test it again, if there is really a problem we can do exchange or refund! If the problem comes from the products, we will cover all shipping fee, while if there is no problem with the products, you need to pay the shipping fee for shipping back.
2. Send defective part back to us, then pay $25 for shipping fee, so once we receive the defective part, we will send you a new part.
3. Just pay $35 to us, so you don't need to send the defetive part back to us, and once the payment received, we will send you the new part immediately. (That is only for one relay harness or one ballast or one bulb)
Shipping address:
Bu Feng Ye
Ying Qiu Yuan Building 9, 3-502
Chao Lai Lv Se Jia Yuan, Chao Yang District.
ZIP: 100012
BeiJing, China
Tel : 84954164

SoFresh
02-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Vvme Rules! My Bro And My Homie With An R Has Em And It Works Perfectly, Sorry About Your Loss.

Well ive bought through vvme before for my B5, my 03 wrx, and my 97 integra... just the set for the integra had issues.... however they dont cost too much for the set... but the quality sucks, and I know this from experience, cause I also bought a set of cqlighting.ca hids for the B5 and they looked much better not to mention the quality of the ballasts were nicer and the decals and labels were all straight (not like that matters) but the vvme hid ballasts had the decals all messy, not straight... the plugs looked like cheaper quality and also the vvme mounting brackets for the ballasts were crappy and cheaply made.

For the future (as in next week) when I order a 3000k hid conversion for my fog lights on my A3, I will fork out the extra cash and go through a higher quality company than vvme.

speedydragon
02-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks for this wonderful review :D I've been looking for a bad review on vvme for quite sometime now.

ceas
02-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I still love vvme. You have to understand too.. their margin of profit isn't big.. and they sell these things all the time... I don't think they care about their reputation... the product kinda sells itself.. cus its so cheap, easy to install, and works nicely(for me atleast). To us it seems obvious to send back a new part without any charge, but maybe they do stuff differently in Japan or wherever.

BONFIRE074
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
vvme ftw.

yoda888
02-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm in a dispute with them as well. I bought 6 sets. 1 set has a bad ballast.

It's a principle thing at this point now. NO way I'm paying them money to send me a working unit when the original unit should have worked to begin with.

We shall see. I took it up with paypal, but of course paypal gave me the finger. So I gave paypal the finger back by doing a charge back via my CC.

Keep me posted on your progress!

Calisto
02-10-2008, 03:59 AM
I agree and I would send it back, but I already have one installed, and I would barely consider my self mechanically inclined so I was pretty happy about getting that one in there

h4robkr123
02-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Ive had the same problem with a bad ballast from them. They told me that I have to pay 45 to ship the ballast over, and they will test it. If there isn't anything wrong with it I have to pay another 45 to get it sent back. If there is something wrong with it they they will send it back for free. But I still have to pay 45 to ship it back to them on something that should have worked in the first place.

seank
02-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Seems like the first thing you should have done was contact your credit card company, not waste your time with paypal b/c they are useless. Cut your losses and buy a quality product, you get what you pay for.

onemoremile
02-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Anything bad about apexcone? Their 4300k 55w kit and my car have a date with destiny.

seank
02-10-2008, 08:29 AM
^I have been eyeing their kit as well over anyone else's, plus the 55w excite me.

yoda888
02-10-2008, 09:49 AM
While that is true, I figured I'd go thru the "proper procedures" first so that Paypal can't complain later on.

In terms of quality product, all of this stuff is made in china nowadays. It really comes down to customer service and someone standing behind their product. These are commodity based products now.

If you wanted a quality product, none of us would be driving audis. [:D] [headbang]

Seems like the first thing you should have done was contact your credit card company, not waste your time with paypal b/c they are useless. Cut your losses and buy a quality product, you get what you pay for.

ngrover
02-10-2008, 10:32 AM
While that is true, I figured I'd go thru the "proper procedures" first so that Paypal can't complain later on.

In terms of quality product, all of this stuff is made in china nowadays. It really comes down to customer service and someone standing behind their product. These are commodity based products now.

If you wanted a quality product, none of us would be driving audis. [:D] [headbang]

^^x2 in my opinion the quality of the product is fine. more like "you get the quality of customer service that you pay for".

SoFresh
02-10-2008, 04:17 PM

thats not the point... we all know you get what you pay for, the issue is that they want an additional $45 to ship me a working one... however, its the principal.... they should have sent me a working one to begin with, they said they tested them and they worked before they shipped them, which I call bs on cause there is no way they test each product before shipping them, especially since there are so many different connections they are selling.

Poopie
02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Agreed, they should pay for the shipping. I bought a turbo through Mike. Some communication error between full race and the turbo builder and I got a 2.75 inlet cover for my gt3071r when I was supposed to get a 4in cover. I paid for 2 day shipping the first time. Since it was their mistake the shipped out another cover OVERNIGHT. Great customer service by Mike, Full Race, and the distributor.

seank
02-10-2008, 05:21 PM
thats not the point... we all know you get what you pay for, the issue is that they want an additional $45 to ship me a working one... however, its the principal.... they should have sent me a working one to begin with, they said they tested them and they worked before they shipped them, which I call bs on cause there is no way they test each product before shipping them, especially since there are so many different connections they are selling.

I understand that, but you still get what you paid for, he went basically the cheapest route, so he is entitled to the crappiest service and product quality, if that is not want you want step up to the plate and spend the money on an OEM setup. I completely understand why he is upset and that they should be paying to fix his problem, but the fact is he chose to deal with a low grade company. Also there is no way they are testing each set they send out especially when that product cost them probably 50-60 to produce, they have themselves set up that the things are cheap enough that they can just screw with people and it will not really effect their business. They could careless if you return to buy again, if they suckered you in once, they are content with what they got out of you.

kmongru
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
heres a little trick, try this maybe itll work maybe it wont. i had the exact same problem happen with my vvme hid kit, one side worked the other didnt, i emaild them and listen n felt the same shit.....but i was playin with them lights and somehow came to REVERSING the wires on the one that didnt work n they did! i guarantee u its worth a shot could work or not, but wont cost u nutin to try. goodluck

SoFresh
02-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I understand that, but you still get what you paid for, he went basically the cheapest route, so he is entitled to the crappiest service and product quality, if that is not want you want step up to the plate and spend the money on an OEM setup. I completely understand why he is upset and that they should be paying to fix his problem, but the fact is he chose to deal with a low grade company. Also there is no way they are testing each set they send out especially when that product cost them probably 50-60 to produce, they have themselves set up that the things are cheap enough that they can just screw with people and it will not really effect their business. They could careless if you return to buy again, if they suckered you in once, they are content with what they got out of you.

ok, you dont see my point... I understand what youre saying and agree with you, I bought thise HID kit for my other DD car, a 97 acura integra, so you tell me where to buy an oem HID set for a 97 integra and ill buy one.... but then again, they never made one. I understand what youre saying, but your still missing the point.

yoda888
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Regardless of how much someone paid for the product, you promise the customer something and you do not deliver on it, then that is not right.

They claim to test every kit before they are sent out. I highly doubt that. If that was the case, we would not see all these complaints from various forums. I'd say the "reject" rate must be ~5% or something, which is NOT good at all if they tested all of the kits before they were shipped out. (I ordered 6 kits, and 1 is defective.)

Also, the way the kits are shipped, UPS would never allow you to make a "shipping damage" claim on the items. These kits need to be double-boxed. Not just in the packaged box and thrown into a plastic envelope. UPS would say 'screw you' if you tried to make a claim.

I'm going thru my CC company now. We'll see how this plays out. At this point, it's a principle thing to me now. It's not about the $70 I spent. The amount of time I've spent on this has already surpassed my hourly rate.

Plus I hate paypal with a passion! Google Checkout needs to do consumer2consumer transactions.

seank
02-11-2008, 06:24 AM
ok, you dont see my point... I understand what youre saying and agree with you, I bought thise HID kit for my other DD car, a 97 acura integra, so you tell me where to buy an oem HID set for a 97 integra and ill buy one.... but then again, they never made one. I understand what youre saying, but your still missing the point.

Actually I do get your point, the point is that you are pissed that they want you to pay to fix their mistake/crap product, like I said before I get this. What I'm telling you is they do not care, they suckered you in got your money and they are done with you, they could care less if you keep the lights and cancel payment from your CC b/c all they have lost is $50-60, and they have already made that multiple times over from other suckers too. I'm not saying you need an OEM setup from a teg, but OEM quality parts, i.e. Phillips, Sylvania etc. buying products from these companies guarantees you a quality product and much better customer service. They are just hoping you are stupid enough to continue to give them cash for junk, and I'm sure many people do b/c as everyone knows this world is full of morons. So do this, try what the guy a few posts up suggest, I hope it works for you, if not cut your losses and forget about it b/c remember your time is worth something too and wasting a few hours dealing with some asshole in china isn't worth my time for $80 is it to you? After this source some OEM hid products, maybe from some newer Honda cars or whatever and do it the right way.