PDA

View Full Version : Maf logs and replacement woes

Mawhitey
02-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok, i have tried several different MAFs for the car, the original one pulled 178 (MAF Suffix 112)and threw a "too high boost code" then just dies till the boost drops

. So i swapped it out and put a new one in (117#1), this one seems ok but the car doesnt seem to boost as well etc, but goes ok and reads up to 156.

So the dilema is this, i swapped another new one in with the same part number as the replacement and she boost really well and seems to go much better @ WOT but only pulls 142 (117 #2)but boosts much better @ 16 psi but has a slight hesitation ,against the peak 11 with any of the rest.

What one is right? as i am about to get the car on a rolling road to get it mapped to suit the new SP1 turbo, with before and after figures etc

I want to be sure before i tie up the RR swapping MAFs etc. Incedently the original one only started playing up after i tightened some of the breather pipes, probably curing a boost leak.

Should i put the one i had it mapped with to start with and hope they can mapp around the percieved overboost, or do i put the better replacement in and hope the hesitation gets better when the ECU learns and its then mapped etc

Sorry for the long post, i have spent days viewing logs and pages and pages of searches bought up by MAF and associated search terms

Mawhitey
02-06-2008, 03:49 PM

audiFUEGO
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
I just fixed a few boost leaks and there is now a slight hesitation to boost in second gear. Very slight. I'm hoping its just my ECU remapping.