PDA

View Full Version : INA Intake Manifold Testing Fundraiser!

bernB5
02-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, this is a followup thread to the last, just to have something fresh and clean, and completely dedicated to the results of this manifold on a big turbo'd 1.8t.

No Arguing please... This thread is only for information and the benefit of this community.

As we all know, information is rarely free.. I've already recieved a few donations, but nowhere's near what this test will cost.. Please, if you have a spare 10,20,30,40 laying around and would like to put it to good use, it'd be GREATLY appreciated..
My paypal is Alex.M.Bernstein@gmail.com

The test take place in the next two weeks as I gather parts and have a new charge pipe fabricated..
Piping will probably cost around $200 for parts and labor
Dyno will be $125 for an hour.
Total = $325 + the time and labor i'm putting in (which is my donation to you guys)

Thank you,
Alex

Donations list:
98a4 -------- $40
Seerlah ------ $20
317ssayzarc - $20
Durkin ------- $20
Sean1.8t ---- $20
Poopie -------$25
A4Rollin ----- $4.20
Euro-Tuner -- $10.0

THE MANIFOLD
http://80tq.com/~wiz/gallery2/d/1942-2/072.jpg

THE SETUP
034 Stage IIc
AEB Head (Bone Stock with 2000 miles)
Stock Pistons w/ SCAT Rods
GT3076r-12 .63a/r
ATP Manifold
3" Exhaust
Precision 600hp Core w/ 2.5" piping

THE CAR
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/bernie18t3t4/front.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/bernie18t3t4/IMG_4941.jpg

317ssayzarc
02-05-2008, 08:34 PM
put up a list of whos donated... im checking my sad status of my bank account soon... ill be able to give a minimum of 20 though [up]

Poopie
02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
i'll donate when my check clears. you're so lucky you don't have to run a maf

bernB5
02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
haha, no maf is fun. no filter should be cool too ;)

hopefully I start getting some more money in. thanks guys.

bernB5
02-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Well, not great news, but still good none-the-less..
Issam and I have been crunching our heads together for the last few hours trying to make this happen, but it will be extremely rushed..
I've decided to slow it down so we get all the parts..
Basically, the new manifold places the TB very far down as you can see.. I have a 1-piece custom IC pipe from my TB to IC and it will not mate up to the INA Manifold.. So I'll need to fab a new charge pipe, source an OBD-1 VR Throttle Body and then we can make this work.. There's just not enough time to squeeze it all in by Sat morning, I'm sure you can all understand this.

Sorry for the delay, but I do promise you, this will happen in the next week or two. We'll get everything together and fabricated and it will look and perform perfectly.
So please don't loose faith and feel free to paypal money..
Thanks,
Alex

98a4
02-06-2008, 04:48 AM
You going to log at all with your IIc?
What type of dyno?

Jared71482
02-06-2008, 05:24 AM
so if I ask for donations for new wheels, to "try them out"... i'll get money??

wtf...

manifold pic looks like a photoshop too...

Euro-Tuner
02-06-2008, 05:42 AM
^^^??

I'll paypal tonight

ModifiedA4
02-06-2008, 07:03 AM
why doesnt the developer fund it? this makes no sense.

bernB5
02-06-2008, 07:06 AM
so if I ask for donations for new wheels, to "try them out"... i'll get money??

wtf...

manifold pic looks like a photoshop too...

please don't bother responding to this, and please re-read what I wrote above.. This has nothing to do with a donation so I can "try something out for a week"... This is people who want information on a particular product and me taking the initiative to make it happen.
Thanks for your courtesy [headbang]

As for logging with the manifold and during the runs, that might be a good idea, logging before and after.
That's it for now, I'll post an update when I have some piping put together.

bernB5
02-06-2008, 07:09 AM
why doesnt the developer fund it? this makes no sense.

a year ago, everyone on vortex wanted flow numbers for all the aftermarket intake manifolds on the market. if you remember correctly, the companies had nothing to do with this, nor did they want anything to do with this..
A few of them loaned a manifold for the test but still, WE the community were responsible for raising the money in order to conduct the tests.
I'm not begging you guys for this, I'm simply saying, if you are one of the people who would like to advance this forum and the parts avail. to us, that throwing in a small amount can go a long way.

98a4
02-06-2008, 07:27 AM
I started the idea and I was the first one to throw money in. I'll put more in if I need to.
Funny how 1Love has decided to not post? Figures.

I am a potentional customer of this product down the road. I know how the other ones flow, and even since variables are differnt, we can all use the stock manifold as a baseline for comparison.

True members of the community will come out in this, the rest of you that is fine, sit back, watch and enjoy the free information, but don't speak or bitch. I know this isn't for everyone.

Every piece of knowledge that you have read on the internet was beacuse someone spent some money to get the data or information at some point.

Seerlah
02-06-2008, 07:50 AM
I will contribute to this community as people on this forum have been very helpfull to me. Even though I have no idea about BT setups, it is always nice to help out a community. Paypal sent.

98a4
02-06-2008, 08:00 AM
^^^ I respect that.

audiFUEGO
02-06-2008, 08:25 AM
off-topic... whats that your downpipe is wrapped with in those pictures?

98a4
02-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Exhaust wrap

317ssayzarc
02-06-2008, 11:06 AM
i sent $20 because i am out of work for two weeks...

honestly if i had been working i would have donated more but even $20 is a stretch at the moment...

bernB5
02-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Just recieved another $20.. We're off to a good start!

Please when you send money write your Audizine screen-name so I know who you are, or post up after you've sent funds..

Thanks again guys.

ILoveT
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Funny how 1Love has decided to not post? Figures.

What would you like me to say that I haven't already said? Seems to me you are trying to start something that has already been finished.

317ssayzarc
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM
well you seemed so interested in seeing some testing done...

chip in $20...

im out of work and still chipped in $20 which is a large percent of what i have at the moment, the rest is for gas...

i think $20 wouldnt kill you [;)]

audisnapr
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM
True members of the community will come out in this, the rest of you that is fine, sit back, watch and enjoy the free information, but don't speak or bitch. I know this isn't for everyone.

its statements like this that start all the BS in the first place. Please, be a bit my subjective as not every "true member" here cares who started the idea of donating money to the cause or whether or not this mani works. Let's turn the corner like some have mentioned - keep these posts to factual and informative statements so we can move forward.

Wizard-of-OD
02-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Ok Hey guys,
wow what a day....[:D]

Let me just say that I respect alot of your opinions and I can totally understand where some of you are coming from.Others....well I can only shake my head @.

About the manifold for those who dont know:
As I explained to a few of you in the PM's both here and on vortex,the Manifold itself was built by Peter Lier @ Sleepers performance.Now as you guys know,Sleepers does excellent work ...very high quality to the point where it gives the feeling of OEM+.They are the same shop that build Adam's manifold (TighTT).

The reason I did not want to give out who fabricated the manifolds on a public forum was for Sleepers protection.
I have been in this industry long enough to know that had I said "ye sleepers builds it" they would be getting the same # of phone calls I got between yesterday and today....people wanting sponsourship,discount if they test it,free manifold,gains expected on a K03,etc .

Realistically this is what is happening right now and I know alot of you are excited for this as this is the only other option out there besides Dahlback's:

Alex has an AEB throttle body + stock manifold.I have a VR6 OBD-II DBC throttle body coming in and I am making an adapter plate so that I can get the same 8-SLOT : 7-PIN TPS so that he does not waste dyno time.Once this is dyno the manifold would be shipped down to him and he will bolt it on and go.
There is no way to get all of this done by Friday afternoon as he is on the dyno saturday so Andre & him are going to return to the dyno shortly after just for this.

once results are obtained then I will put them up.From there I will do up a GB (hopefully the AZ status would have been approved by then) for 10.I am not going to have these made up 1 @ a time but instead as 1 complete batch.If you want to put down a deposit for one simply send me a IM or PM over vortex.

98a4
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
1love You started this, put down 20$ if your so sure of yourself.

Audisnpr how was that a bad post. It said people who care will donate, even if its 5$ people who dont want to donte STFU in this thread, go bitch in the other one and if you dont want to donate thats fine, just sit back and watch the results. Nothing negative at all... so get off my shit.

ILoveT
02-06-2008, 11:53 AM

Audisnpr how was that a bad post. It said people who care will donate, even if its 5$ people who dont want to donte STFU in this thread, go bitch in the other one and if you dont want to donate thats fine, just sit back and watch the results. Nothing negative at all... so get off my shit.

Are you sure you are 21? Grow up! And its ILove not 1Love. I'm not fuckin' Jamaican.

I thought you said you started all of this, not me? Hmmm...

You are the one dirtying up this thread. I was keeping out of it because I have no place in this thread. If you want to try and talk more shit to me do it through a PM.

audisnapr
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM

nice [up][hail]

sean1.8t
02-06-2008, 12:01 PM
can't wait for the results!

Durkin
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Paypal sent. I would donate more but i'm in college and money is a bit tight. However even though i'm still very oblivious to many parts of a BT setup, i'd like to help promote anything that might assist others, or myself when the times comes that i go BT.

TQMB5
02-06-2008, 01:08 PM
nice [up][hail]

everyone can learn from how audisnapr responds, haha i love it

also Issam, thankyou for coming out and being honest with us, i can totally understand where you may have snapped as you had 100's of people jumping down your throat. I think the mani looks great and thank you for putting in some extra time so bern can test it. And i think we all know by adam not telling us and you not telling us that sleepers doesnt want to be bothered unless you have about 10 grand to give them to work there magic with your car[up]

bernB5
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
I just have to say, some of the messages I'm getting with the payments are awesome..
"I would donate more but i'm in college and money is a bit slim. However even though i'm still very oblivious to many parts of a BT setup, i'd like to help promote anything that might assist others, or myself when the times comes that i go BT.
Good luck,

-Patrick Durkin"

Keep it coming guys!

Poopie
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Donation sent. I'm excited to see what happens. A 40 - 50 whp gain is worth $900...i would be sold if the gains were close.

bernB5
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm confident the gains will be nice.. If I were running c16 and tuning for high boost we'd probably see even bigger gains.. What everyone must understand is the the gains will be different for everyone..
Many factors will effect how this manifold performs on your car:
Turbo Size
Boost
Tuning etc...

I hope to make 400whp without the manifold.. Regardless, I'm just as excited as all of your are to see the difference.

Wizard-of-OD
02-06-2008, 02:03 PM
And i think we all know by adam not telling us and you not telling us that sleepers doesnt want to be bothered unless you have about 10 grand to give them to work there magic with your car[up]
Not the case at all.As I said before Jamie & Pete are some of the nicest most honourable guys I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with in this industry and I deal with many people.
They would answer your questions and such but thats what I am here for.

Donation sent. I'm excited to see what happens. A 40 - 50 whp gain is worth $900...i would be sold if the gains were close.
You wont see a 40-50whp,I can assure you of that.I am going to keep it moderate @ a 15-25hp gain like all the other manifolds out there that really performed well.

Euro-Tuner
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
money sent. may I ask in a non-harsh fasion (sorry if this has been asked, I didnt feel like combing multiple pages for an answer) why isnt this being funded by INA? It gives me a whole new prospective on this community that people are willing to give money for a cause that everyone will benifit from, but isnt this something INA should fund. Dont get me wrong I know this has been beat to death, but I dont feel like I have gotten an answer yet. again, consider my tone of this post very low key and non-threatening.

Durkin
02-06-2008, 08:09 PM
^^^ Isn't it like independent testing that the manufacturer doesnt want to be a part of so another company could say that it was biased? at least thats how i took it... please correct me if i'm missunderstanding.

Poopie
02-06-2008, 08:13 PM
well it comes down to a few things for me. Companies can claim power increase and it can do this and that. I'm more of a person that goes buy products through word of mouth. Happy customers are contagious. When I bought my elim, a few people put down solid numbers and it seemed like a reliable set up. Its tough to get a product out there and letting it speak for itself. When I bought my tune, there were just a handful of people running ctapp software. Pat (94jedi) basically sold me the product. Chris tapp doesn't advertise much but a good product and happy customers and the people on this board with ctapp software has doubled. At 900 bucks, its a great price for a custom intake manifold and if the performance is worth the price then I think more people will buy it.

TighTT
02-06-2008, 08:15 PM
everyone can learn from how audisnapr responds, haha i love it

also Issam, thankyou for coming out and being honest with us, i can totally understand where you may have snapped as you had 100's of people jumping down your throat. I think the mani looks great and thank you for putting in some extra time so bern can test it. And i think we all know by adam not telling us and you not telling us that sleepers doesnt want to be bothered unless you have about 10 grand to give them to work there magic with your car[up]

Its not at all about "not being bothered". If you talk to Pete or Jamie you'll see that they are the coolest guys to deal with. Its truly refreshing when I get to spend some time with them at the shop....such a departure from the normal "tuning shop" mentality. Whether you're spending 20 bucks or 20 grand you are treated the same....with the utmost respect and customer service.....oh...and a REALLY fast car. [:D] [up][up]

I also just want to say that when we were completing my 2.0 built Issam was an indispensable asset as far as part sourcing in an extremely timely manner. With Issam and Sleepers working together you really have a match made in fast f-ing car heaven! [hail]

Wizard-of-OD
02-06-2008, 08:20 PM
why isnt this being funded by INA?
It is but at least this way I wont have to raise the price of the manifold to incure the cost of dyno time + tuning.The people that are whinning and complaining dont seem to understand this.

Why wasnt this testing done from before?As said many times (which some of you refuse to listen to) ,in my eyes the manifold has performed well but if its a before and after dyno you want....thats what you will get.

SoFresh
02-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Make one for the A3!! lol, I'd be down to test one then. If I still had my B5, id be all over this. Goodluck guys!! [up]

A4Rollin
02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Are you sure you are 21? Grow up! And its ILove not 1Love. I'm not fuckin' Jamaican.

lol, that made me laugh

Alright boys, im all for this donation process and for all of you that donated already, my hat goes off for ya [up][:D][up]

I have been in chicago for some time recovering from back surgery and dont have any money in my paypal account. HOWEVER, im throwin the rest of the money in for you guys and when i get back home ill throw in a 20 or something. For being another curious AZer going BT soon, im interested in bernb5's offer.

BTW, the 420 was the actual amount i had in my account, interesting [confused]
A4Rollin -- $4.20

Wizard-of-OD
02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Make one for the A3!! lol, I'd be down to test one then. If I still had my B5, id be all over this. Goodluck guys!! [up]
Thats coming [;)]

SoFresh
02-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Thats coming [;)]

Well then keep me in mind!!!! Im waiting for someone to make a BT setup for a DSG....

bassed
02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Hmmm...

http://BASSED.smugmug.com/photos/251939380-X3.jpg

Flow charts within hours if need be, but hey I'm not selling stuff only abusing it[:D] Dyno's are not the place to test items for the first time, but hey I'm just building a Track Car, not a 10second racer.

98a4
02-07-2008, 03:07 PM
^^^^???

bassed
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
^^^^???

LOL[;)] Don't you worry.

Toyotatech
02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
As I said before this is a good product and I would buy one if I needed it.

Hmmm...

http://BASSED.smugmug.com/photos/251939380-X3.jpg

Flow charts within hours if need be, but hey I'm not selling stuff only abusing it[:D] Dyno's are not the place to test items for the first time, but hey I'm just building a Track Car, not a 10second racer.

I agree a before and after dyno is not a true test of flow dynamics. I would donate if in the end I would see flow charts comparing the stock manifold and this manifold but I'm not funding someone else's tuning.

bassed
02-07-2008, 03:56 PM
As I said before this is a good product and I would buy one if I needed it.

I agree a before and after dyno is not a true test of flow dynamics. I would donate if in the end I would see flow charts comparing the stock manifold and this manifold but I'm not funding someone else's tuning.

This mani has nothing to do with anyone on here but me. I'm just saying Flow Charts and bench testing should always be done pre DYNO. That manifold I posted is nothing l like INA's aside from sharing an AEB Mani as it's foundation.

Toyotatech
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
I was only agreeing with you, flow tests are more important than this cars dyno results. If I was to donate I would like to see how it flows acrossed all runners.

ModifiedA4
02-07-2008, 04:14 PM
bassed that looks pretty interesting...cant wait to see the numbers.

98a4
02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Be greatful your going to get dyno numbers. We all already agreed that its not the best way but its better then nothing and feasable.

THanks for the support...

sean1.8t
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
^haha, nice

bassed
02-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Be greatful your going to get dyno numbers. We all already agreed that its not the best way but its better then nothing and feasable.

THanks for the support...

LOL for some one to be going to an engineering program and not be able to pull a flow chart and bench testing for free makes me LOL and wait for it..........wait...........uh I'm done lollllllllerbating now. Seriously when at University regardless of his being Civil engineering he should have at least 1 in with the me guys no?

Wizard-of-OD
02-07-2008, 06:47 PM
LOL for some one to be going to an engineering program and not be able to pull a flow chart and bench testing for free makes me LOL
If it was as easy as doing that then it would have been done...
btw you should change the back plate of your plenum,would definately improve its ability to perform.

On Behalf of Alex I would like to thank those who did contribute to getting this tested.I think he has enough for the extra 1hour of the dyno and whatever else I will cover.
I am working away @ getting this ready for next week saturday but time is short and Alex hits the dyno tomorrow with a base run...
Wish him luck! its been a very long time coming...

sean1.8t
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
btw bern. did you get my PM i sent you yesterday. i meant to send you $20 for the testing. but you show me as $10. did i mis-type or did paypal f up?

bernB5
02-07-2008, 07:34 PM
btw bern. did you get my PM i sent you yesterday. i meant to send you $20 for the testing. but you show me as $10. did i mis-type or did paypal f up?

sorry, no i didn't get the pm, but I just went back and checked and you're right.. All fixed on the front page, and once again, thanks everyone!

Fab@STRASSE
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
If it was as easy as doing that then it would have been done...
btw you should change the back plate of your plenum,would definately improve its ability to perform.

On Behalf of Alex I would like to thank those who did contribute to getting this tested.I think he has enough for the extra 1hour of the dyno and whatever else I will cover.
I am working away @ getting this ready for next week saturday but time is short and Alex hits the dyno tomorrow with a base run...
Wish him luck! its been a very long time coming...

Thanks for the heads up on the back plate, will look into it.... I always appreciate constructive criticism....

ILoveT
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
http://bassed.smugmug.com/photos/251939380-X3.jpg

Lol the clue was hidden behind! Strasse.

sean1.8t
02-09-2008, 04:32 PM
bump!

lets get some more funds people!

bernB5
02-09-2008, 05:19 PM
No more funds! I am really impressed with the whole crowd here and appreciate the donations/support/enthusiam.. Unfortunatley, my dyno experience today was a waste of $200.. DO NOT GO TO IMP In Jersey.. The dyno was way off and completely out of whack, I got absolutely nothing out of it and all of my tuning was done on the road..

Anyway, Andre (my tuner) and myself looked over the intake manifold and charge pipe and it's really going to be a pretty big job and not a 1,2,3 kind of thing.. I just don't have the time in between work, college etc.. to fab up a new charge pipe and find the parts and so on. This "project" is just a bit more entailed than I expected from the beginning.. If it were just straight bolt-on, it might be another story. There isn't enough time in a day to successfully dyno, take the car off, remove the stock intake mani, coolant pipe, fuel rail etc... Adjustments would have to be made to the tune due to the increase in air-flow, it's just way too time consuming at the moment, but I'm confident Issam will find a better, faster, more efficient way to get the result we're all looking for.
I apologize to all of you, but don't lose faith in INA, this has nothing to do with Issam and is all on me. Once this semester is over and I can dedicate some time, if this still hasn't been done, we'll do it then.

Thanks guys, and once again, my apologies.
-Alex

sean1.8t
02-09-2008, 09:57 PM
so all of our money was a waste?

317ssayzarc
02-09-2008, 09:59 PM
you should have a refund [up]

check your email sean1.8t

bernB5
02-09-2008, 10:22 PM
so all of our money was a waste?

your money was not a waste and would have helped greatly.. Someone else may be able to do this soon, if that is the case, I'd hope you guys would be just as willing to donate again. I could have held onto the money for a week to see if someone else was going to take over the testing but in the end, the money wasn't "mine", so I returned it to all of you in hopes that if this opportunity were to arrise in the next week or so, none of you would have a problem doing it again.
Hope there's no hard feelings and you can all understand. Like I said, if this were a quick bolt-on and I wasn't so strapped down with school and work at the moment, it wouldn't be an issue.. But to fabricate piping, get it welded up, then go to the dyno and swap there as well as tune, its just too big of a process at the time.
Once again, my apologies to anyone who feels that they wasted their time sending money, I wasn't expecting this to be an issue. We'll have some news in a few days as to what the next step we'll be and we can go from there, on a positive note.

sean1.8t
02-09-2008, 11:39 PM
cool[up]

good luck with your car anyways!

onemoremile
02-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Got the refund.

98a4
02-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Damn....

What numbers did you put down?

bernB5
02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
the dyno was retarded, literally.. I'm not even going to mention my numbers, but I'll give you a hint, a 1.8t with bolt ons in fwd has the ability to make better numbers lol..

What I can say is that on my pump gas tune with around 24psi, 1st gear spins all 4 and I chirp 2nd.. It feels to be around 360-370whp, I'll hit the dyno again eventually, but it was way too stressful and inaccurate.

absolute
02-11-2008, 06:03 AM
will the manifold work with a stock fuel rail? If so if you want to send it down here we will be happy to dyno it on Ian's car.

k0mpresd
02-13-2008, 09:33 PM
will the manifold work with a stock fuel rail? If so if you want to send it down here we will be happy to dyno it on Ian's car.
killed this thread.. haha

Wizard-of-OD
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks Alex for trying.The manifold is on its way down to 034 MS to get tested on Laszlo's A4 which is finishing completion now.
From there I will post up the figures on vwvortex in the 1.8T forum as 034 just got a dyno....also if any fabrication needs to be done then one of the fab guys will do it.

I have allready recieved deposits for 5 manifolds (sadly from B6 guys...what up B5 boys?).All I need is 5 more and then production begins.I have all kinds of throttle bodies to choose from be it DBC or DBW.

Anthony
02-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Thanks Alex for trying.The manifold is on its way down to 034 MS to get tested on Laszlo's A4 which is finishing completion now.
From there I will post up the figures on vwvortex in the 1.8T forum as 034 just got a dyno....also if any fabrication needs to be done then one of the fab guys will do it.

I have allready recieved deposits for 5 manifolds (sadly from B6 guys...what up B5 boys?).All I need is 5 more and then production begins.I have all kinds of throttle bodies to choose from be it DBC or DBW.

They got the dyno setup huh? Good to hear. [up]

onemoremile
02-14-2008, 07:11 AM
Post the information here too.

98a4
02-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Why bother, some uninformed person will just call him out about the details of the testing....

ILoveT
02-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Why bother, some uninformed person will just call him out about the details of the testing....

Oh look you're back starting more immature shit! [down]

98a4
02-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Haha not at all.
I dindt drop any names, jsut saying its likely to happen.

We all know Issam will post results here since it started here.
Untill then, we wait (quietly)

onemoremile
02-14-2008, 10:19 AM

The uninformed have to become the informed in some way. I can't speak for their lack of tact or manners without also including some present company (and myself). Everyone needs to respect everyone else or people are always on the defensive or trashing each other.

Every bash or dissenting comment is an opportunity to educate. You can never fight fire with fire. A different approach is the only way.

ILoveT
02-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Haha not at all.
I dindt drop any names, jsut saying its likely to happen.

We all know Issam will post results here since it started here.
Untill then, we wait (quietly)

When he does post the numbers I'll be sure to say, "WTF mate!? Those numbers mean nothing!"

[:)]

Wizard-of-OD
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
They got the dyno setup huh? Good to hear. [up]
[:D]
When do I go red?

k0mpresd
02-14-2008, 02:06 PM
When do I go red?
youre not the only one...i emailed but still havent received a response yet ?

Anthony
02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
When do I go red?

Javad, Nate, and Dan took the three spots. You'll have to arm wrestle one of them for the title. Actually email me so we can discuss those other two company names in your sig. Would like to get it all sorted out, as it's a little confusing.

Any date set for the testing? Maybe I could be there for it. [:)]

Wizard-of-OD
02-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Any date set for the testing? Maybe I could be there for it. [:)]
I am sure we could arrange something.Didnt you get my last email?

so like...only b6 owners want this manifold?[confused]

AudiA4_20T
02-15-2008, 11:05 AM
I am sure we could arrange something.Didnt you get my last email?

so like...only b6 owners want this manifold?[confused]

Hey Issam is it for small and big port engines?

Wizard-of-OD
02-15-2008, 03:59 PM
It will be for both.I am going to be using AEB manifolds though and for the small port users we will use the transition gasket from 034.If you want to use a small port manifold as a base,that can be arranged as well.

Brand new DBC throttle bodies available as well for those who truly want plug and play with the stock AEB connector.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3687349

thebikedoctor33
02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
i'm not sur eif this was already brought up. but maybe it would make sense to try and get ahold of the other aftermarket manifold that is available and do a baseline with stock and then both of the other to compare.

just a suggestion...

sean1.8t
02-15-2008, 08:05 PM
^what other manifold that is available?

Wizard-of-OD
03-09-2008, 12:44 PM
i'm not sur eif this was already brought up. but maybe it would make sense to try and get ahold of the other aftermarket manifold that is available and do a baseline with stock and then both of the other to compare.

just a suggestion...

The Dahlback manifold?

Just to update this:
Right now,I am having 5 manifolds made (4 of which are sold to guys/friends that do not care about a back to back dyno).
The 5th manifold will be sent down to 034 to be installed on a customers vehicle where back to back dyno testing will be performed.

For those of you that wanted the manifold now is the time as the plenums are being fabricated as we speak.A 25% deposit is required with the rest when the manifold is done.

Kyle H
03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
[up] [up]

I'm happy to see this finally resolved even though I'm not anywhere close to being in the market for an intake mani.