PDA

View Full Version : CEL...then no CEL...then oil light

Klavis
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I got in my 2001 A4 2.8 and the CEL was blinking and it was shaking. Ok, misfire. I turned it off for a minute and then back on just so I could remember how to describe everything, and the CEL was off and everything worked fine. I drove it to and from work, about 60 miles, and then the oil light came on and I was about a quart low. Any ideas on what happened? It runs just fine now. What do you think, am I going to have problems soon? Are the two warnings related?

Klavis
02-07-2008, 05:10 AM
Everything has been fine for the past day, until this morning when I backed it out of the driveway and gave it gas. From sitting still the RPM dropped and I had no power. It worked fine to back it up and when I gave it gas to pull forward into the driveway it worked fine again. Just drove it to work, no problems at all. I will try to get the codes today. Any predictions?

loustylez
02-07-2008, 08:05 AM
so you checked the oil and you were a quart low. did you... put more in? did you put too much in? getting the car VAG'd should be your first priority, aside from making sure the oil level is correct.

Klavis
02-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I put oil in and the correct amount. Ill have some codes hopefully later today.

Klavis
02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Took it in and got it scanned. No codes...just dont get it.