PDA

View Full Version : Removing Trunk Spoiler

This Is Epic
02-05-2008, 08:06 AM
First of all this thing has got to go, it isn't big or anything I just really dislike it. What all is going to be involved taking this off? It sticks up about 3 1/2 inches and has the brake light. I just want to rip it off and throw it in the dumpster, anyone with any advice?

Mawhitey
02-05-2008, 08:22 AM
It will be simple enough, but you will have hols in your trunk lid,i had to get mine welded up and reprayed after i took my one off

dingguhlbary
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
i think it might be easier to just buy another trunk lid. i guess just make sure it is the same color. but its easier that way. plus you can sell the old one as a whole to someone who likes spoilers

MikeWasHere05
02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Out of curiousity, was it a factory option for those spoilers? I see them on a few B5s here and there...

audiFUEGO
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
put an add up in the FS section:

WTT: [color] trunk for [color] trunk with oem spoiler.

You'd be surprised how many people will be interested in trading you. You may even find someone who will send you theirs first. I have traded a few things

itsbigj05
02-05-2008, 04:01 PM
i'm curious to know if it was an option, too. i bought my car with one on, but the majority of b5's i've seen don't have one.

RippleChip
02-05-2008, 06:21 PM
It was an aftermarket accessory that you could get installed from the dealer.

This Is Epic
02-07-2008, 07:18 AM
put an add up in the FS section:

WTT: [color] trunk for [color] trunk with oem spoiler.

You'd be surprised how many people will be interested in trading you. You may even find someone who will send you theirs first. I have traded a few things

Great idea, thanks guys.