PDA

View Full Version : what blocks to log for boost leak?

a4rings
02-05-2008, 01:47 AM
a local guy is going to help me take some logs of my car because i think i have a boost leak and i was wondering what blocks i should log and what they should look like? oh and also on a side note, how do you use the vag-com to make the rear windows be one touch up and also be able to pull the windows down with the remote. Is ther anything else cool that i could get done with the vag-com? thanks alot guys.

dubiraq05
02-05-2008, 05:16 AM
a local guy is going to help me take some logs of my car because i think i have a boost leak and i was wondering what blocks i should log and what they should look like? oh and also on a side note, how do you use the vag-com to make the rear windows be one touch up and also be able to pull the windows down with the remote. Is ther anything else cool that i could get done with the vag-com? thanks alot guys.

hey man just get pvc endpipes and drill a hole on each and put a valve stem in it . mount to tb and ti ic piping and put about 20psi in it. if u have a leak u will hear it!!! i just did mine yesterday. i had 6 leaks:( when i dynoed i did 272 whp 260tq and my afr was 10.3-1 from 2750rpm to 7500. i didnt even hit 20psi till 5800. talk about robbing power and wasting gas! i think everybody should check for leaks from time to time. as for logging for a leak i have no clue.

akielb
02-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Log block 115 for actual vs requested boost value
rear window "one click" down, don't think thats an option - usually you have to do some kind of relay mod (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2260764) - maybe thats just older B5's

search for the window mod

akielb
02-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Cut and paste from http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html#35

35-Central Locks: -- KWP-1281
VAG-COM Works fine (note: pre-'97 A4's may not have this module).

Recode locking options

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03468

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 12172

A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03340

S4, A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 16140

Add the following options to your coding number:

+64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.
-04 One touch unlock of all 4 doors and trunk
-1024 Remove horn honk when arming
+32 Auto lock/unlock of doors (Doors lock at 15 mph and unlock when key is removed)

So, if you want to have a 1999 A4 with Concert radio and anti-theft system and keyless entry, and you want to add window control with the remote along with auto-lock, then:
add 03340+64+32= 03436

Mawhitey
02-05-2008, 07:29 AM
hey man just get pvc endpipes and drill a hole on each and put a valve stem in it . mount to tb and ti ic piping and put about 20psi in it. if u have a leak u will hear it!!! i just did mine yesterday. i had 6 leaks:( when i dynoed i did 272 whp 260tq and my afr was 10.3-1 from 2750rpm to 7500. i didnt even hit 20psi till 5800. talk about robbing power and wasting gas! i think everybody should check for leaks from time to time. as for logging for a leak i have no clue.

6 leaks wow !!

Maybe listing the leaks will help the poster check his ( and me mine,lol)

akielb
02-05-2008, 08:44 AM
lol - I just PM'd him to ask, but yeah - post it up boy!

akielb
02-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Here is his reply

bov and silicone

So I'm guessing that means all the hoses. TIP, Turbo to front tube, front tube to SMIC, SMIC to TB (throttle body boot).

For my leak problem that I've been dealing with for almost a year now, I'm just going to start replacing everything I can that has to do with the boost system.

dubiraq05
02-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Here is his reply

So I'm guessing that means all the hoses. TIP, Turbo to front tube, front tube to SMIC, SMIC to TB (throttle body boot).

For my leak problem that I've been dealing with for almost a year now, I'm just going to start replacing everything I can that has to do with the boost system.

all the clams on my silicone were junk ebay clamps went to autozone and got better ones and no more leaks! as for the bov temp fix with good old jb quick. in the process of getting a aluminum pipe and just welding the bov directly to the ic pipe!

Rico750
02-05-2008, 07:53 PM
im gonna do this too here in the next days.. wurth checking