PDA

View Full Version : exhaust problem

hollis214sw
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
i need help guys...i wanna put on a full exhaust system on my audi 2.8 but i dont kno which one 2 go with...im asking you guys because i dont want my car to sound like them lound ass honda's...thanks

TH85
02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
i wanted to get a s4 sounding system in my 1.8t and finally went with borla (around $750 for the whole system) and am very happy.... not too loud but when u floor it..it sounds good.

got that nice deep tone to it.

i know that miltek is another that everyone has and is also quality but a lil more $$$

////D
02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
go custom and buy a magnaflow muffler and maybe a resonator

Greg
02-05-2008, 03:55 AM
I went with the Milltek and I am pleased with it. It does drone a bit if you give it too much gas at low rpm. That is the signal to downshift. It is relatively quiet at highway speeds which I like. Very close to stock when crusing but does sound good when you git on it. Got mine from Achtuning on sale for $850 + shipping. The problem I am having now is the expansion joints. Already replaced them year ago with aftermarket SS and already the wire is gone and I believe one is cracked. I have posted the question of a rigid pipe and got some positive responce. May eventually cut them out and replace with SS tubing. Hope you like your choice which ever route you take.

Greg