PDA

View Full Version : ok cant pinpoint this noise, brake problem.

Kronic Budz
02-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Car- 1997 a4 2.8 QM 114k

Ok well i live on a hill and park downwards every time. When i turn the wheel back towards the street a little and start rolling to get away from the curb when leaving my house, by the time i let off the brakes and start coasting down the hill i hear the noise. Right about a second after im off my brakes i feel this letting loose "grinding noise" or something like that and im in nuetral off the brakes coasting around 10-15 mph and hear this grinding noise that sounds like pressure is being let off or something. Its not real loud but i notice it every time, and only happens for like a half second then is gone.

Anyone have an idea where to begin looking for this problem. my pads and rotors seem to be fine. Brake fluid level good. I was told i need new brake lines soon, but doesnt seem like that could be it. Does maybe my brake system need a flush cause air got into the system some how?

Thanks guys.

Kronic Budz
02-02-2008, 03:36 PM
bump

ILoveT
02-02-2008, 03:55 PM
I have the same problem! I just try to ignore it because I know it will cost money.

Kronic Budz
02-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I have the same problem! I just try to ignore it because I know it will cost money.

yea dude i dont think it hurts the car very much but i dont wanna hear that its like the abs module or something shitty like that to replace.