PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof prob's, tried search, found nothing about this exact prob..

nickf829
01-24-2008, 05:53 AM
so I just bought an 01 a4 avant, i turn the knob all the way to the left and it opens fine, i twist the knob back to the start and either it wont budge, or it will take a minute and then SLOWLY close.. however if i pull down on the knob, it closes.

the other problem is once I have the sunroof closed, if I want to just tilt it up, i have to push and hold the button, I thought it was supposed to be 1 touch open, however when I let go of the button once its all the way up, after a minute or two, it closes automatically. wtf?

german technology rocks haha

any help is appreciated

loustylez
01-24-2008, 06:46 AM
there is a DIY for cleaning the contacts inside the sunroof dial on audiworld i believe. search for that. i have the same problem, it's fairly common i suppose.

toaster
01-24-2008, 06:56 AM
the sunroof is one of the most touchy pieces in our cars.

the contact points with the switch can easily get dirty, causing them to become less responsive, down to completely unresponsive.

also, the motor itself responsible for opening/closing the sunroof can go as well.

a common issue indeed.

ILoveT
01-24-2008, 08:30 AM
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec109.shtml

A4Rollin
01-24-2008, 10:57 AM
great find, ill have to do this also! [up] [up] [up]

GTO
01-24-2008, 11:16 AM
my tracks got gunked up or something so they had to relube and clean the tracks, Mine wouldn't stay shut all the way. After the cleaning job the Moonroof moves 100 times smoother, and i've never been able to pop the sunroof one touch, i think my contacts are fried, i just deal with leaving my finger on it for the extra 2 seconds.