PDA

View Full Version : Miss fire problem

2L8ULUZ
01-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Ok here we go, so I have a miss fire code come up once a while. it miss fires only 3rd gear and on and if your pushing the car hard. I have ctapp tune 94oct and c16 ,1000cc injectors. 4' maf and a big turbo setup. I changed all the plugs, coils ,new o2 sensors and ignition module and no boost leaks. when the miss fires happen the wide band shows mid to low 10's and I think thats the cause of the miss fires. what would or could make it run so rich like that? What else could I look for to fix this[headbang]
thank's

Dom

317ssayzarc
01-19-2008, 05:35 AM
Ok here we go, so I have a miss fire code come up once a while. it miss fires only 3rd gear and on and if your pushing the car hard. I have ctapp tune 94oct and c16 ,1000cc injectors. 4' maf and a big turbo setup. I changed all the plugs, coils ,new o2 sensors and ignition module and no boost leaks. when the miss fires happen the wide band shows mid to low 10's and I think thats the cause of the miss fires. what would or could make it run so rich like that? What else could I look for to fix this[headbang]
thank's

Dom

well theres all the info i needed dom! how about your MAF? and what a/f ratio does you software target?

2L8ULUZ
01-19-2008, 09:46 AM
The maf I only cleaned, I might try a new maf, The target is 11.7 or so under boost.

317ssayzarc
01-19-2008, 04:15 PM
The maf I only cleaned, I might try a new maf, The target is 11.7 or so under boost.

the part that gets me, is the only third gear part...

iin10ded
01-24-2008, 09:23 AM
i think the ignition output amplifier can cause these issues on the early cars. it's the little doodad that lives on top of the airbox and is affectionately referred to as the POS.

you should probably just sell me that whole BT mess for a dollar and call it a day.

;-)

317ssayzarc
01-24-2008, 08:08 PM
i think the ignition output amplifier can cause these issues on the early cars. it's the little doodad that lives on top of the airbox and is affectionately referred to as the POS.

you should probably just sell me that whole BT mess for a dollar and call it a day.

;-)

ICM would misfire in all gears all the time though [confused]