PDA

View Full Version : washer nozzle problem

isleepsober
01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
i have a carbon fiber hood on the a4 i just bought and the guy never drilled the hood to put the washer nozzles back on. i tried to get it inspected and it wont pass without them. i bought nozzles and now i need to know where to hook them too. i cant seem to find where the washer fluid pump and hoses are. can i get an explanation or diagram?

onemoremile
01-17-2008, 02:40 PM
The lines run from by the driver's side hood hinge to the nozzles. I had superglued the stock nozzles under the cowl on my carbon hood but the spray pattern is terrible. I just picked up a set of Subaru Outback nozzles and will trim them down and glue them in place. they have an even fan pattern which is much better and they are a bit smaller when trimmed so they should be easier to fit into place.

isleepsober
01-17-2008, 06:13 PM
The lines run from by the driver's side hood hinge to the nozzles. I had superglued the stock nozzles under the cowl on my carbon hood but the spray pattern is terrible. I just picked up a set of Subaru Outback nozzles and will trim them down and glue them in place. they have an even fan pattern which is much better and they are a bit smaller when trimmed so they should be easier to fit into place.

where is the pump?

Ewok_Fetus
01-17-2008, 06:20 PM
where is the pump?

On the resivoir

dingguhlbary
01-17-2008, 09:15 PM

that such a good idea. you seem to be a strong advocate for subaru stuff. i always read about you pulling people out of ditches and whatnot with your subaru. wait, thats you right?

dingguhlbary
01-17-2008, 09:16 PM
ok, checked your profile. it has to be you hehe

brlukosk
01-18-2008, 06:01 AM
^^ Pulled subarus out with his audi... ;)

onemoremile
01-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Pulled all manner of idiots on bald tires out with both cars.

Subaru gear is well engineered and solid. It is kept simple so it tends to last a long time. Audi tends to overcomplicate things to the extent that failures seem to be caused by secondary or tertiary features.

The washer fluid tank is right in front of the driver's side front wheel. It extends down to the bottom of the fender for it's 1 gallon capacity. The tank is molded with a pair of recesses for the pumps for the windshield and headlights. The pumps are black and about the size of a RedBull can. The washer pump is down at the bottom of the tank.

devmaster
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
^my 2.2l 95' legacy is still going strong, and i used 2 beat the piss out of it