PDA

View Full Version : Self Tuning, questions

turbo944s2
01-16-2008, 02:21 AM
So I finally got my car back on the road, I have Giac j31 software, TT225 injectors , Gt28r turbo, S4 MAF (85mm outside diameter), Labree shotgun down pipe, apr exhaust. My friends laptop battery died on me so I dont have any logs. I took the car around the block noticed the boost was going up to 20 pounds, I didnt go into limp mode, but i want it lower so i can monitor everthing and bring it up slow.

I have a manual boost controller installed, it is down stream the n75 to control the spike, the j31 is requesting a higher boost then I need , how do I lower it? I saw something about SEL SCALING on lemmiwinks can someone give me a recommendation on how much to adjust it and in what increments?

mike-2ptzero
01-16-2008, 03:48 AM
Are you running the MBC inline or in parallel to the N75 and what type of MBC is it? Reason I am asking is because the J31 file is tuned to run 28psi on the K04 WG spring. But because you'r running a GT28r the amount of boost you end up could be different which might be why your only getting 20psi. At this point I would suggest losing the MBC, going with an EBC to run the boost as low as you want and then turn the boost up 2psi at a time while doing logs to make sure it is running 100%. The EBC's are not cheap but at this point it is well worth the money and better then having to buy a new motor.

turbo944s2
01-16-2008, 04:26 AM
Its the one i purchased from vast, here is how its hooked up. I just got on it for a sec, i didnt try to run threw the gears or anything. Can i use the mbc the way its hooked up now to turn the boost down? Or can I turn it down electronically threw lemmiwinks?

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/mbc_parallel.jpg (http://www.audizine.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=31243)

turbo944s2
01-17-2008, 01:55 AM
I got it figured out, i adjusted the mbc the turbo is boosting 10 psi. I tightened up a few leaks, bleed the cooling system , hacked up the bumper to make it fit with the intercooler. The car is idling pretty good, running really smooth, the plugs look good dont show any signs of detenation. 10 psi feels pretty fast, im just anxious to see what 20 is like. Ill post some logs when i get a new vag com

mike-2ptzero
01-17-2008, 05:47 AM
I got it figured out, i adjusted the mbc the turbo is boosting 10 psi. I tightened up a few leaks, bleed the cooling system , hacked up the bumper to make it fit with the intercooler. The car is idling pretty good, running really smooth, the plugs look good dont show any signs of detenation. 10 psi feels pretty fast, im just anxious to see what 20 is like. Ill post some logs when i get a new vag com

Thats good. Yeah the way you have it hooked up is in parallel, which allows you to lower the boost to what every you want but cant go higher then what the chip is tuned for with the N75 since you now have 2 paths to the wg.