PDA

View Full Version : 100K on the clock + CEl instantly

belinko
01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Ok, so today my odometer turned over 100K exactly as I got to work. Tonight as I was leaving work within a mile or two I got a CElL. I was curious to know if its an Automatic CEL so that you should take you car to the dealer or if its for real.

I'm going to get checked out tomorrow, but any insight would be helpful.

Oh, yeah, the car was running fine and it is fully maintained. Did some one pull out the grenade pin from my car?

grip_racer
01-15-2008, 08:01 PM
HAHA thats hilarious

i dont think they do that at 100k, i could be wrong though

scan it with a vag-com!

ZAvant
01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I hit 100k a couple days ago. No CEL at 100,030.

Rico750
01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
probably coincidence :) like Grip racer said: check vag

Rosati
01-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Audi gods say it was about time

belinko
01-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Audi gods say it was about time

I think you're right. DOH!

I'm getting it Vagged tomorrow. The only thing that wasn't normal was getting into second gear. You know how sometimes you're releasing the clutch before second is completely engaged and it chatters a littlebit that's the only thing that happened, but thats occured plenty of time.

Anyways, I'll keep you guys posted thanks for the funny comments.[az]

belinko
01-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Got it Vag'd this morning.

Fuel mixture is off. It's either vacuum hose leak, O2 sensor in the Cat, or my leaky gas cap. Also had the code cleared, but I forgot to write down the actual code.

Last year I got smoged and the checker told me the gas cap wasn't sealing. So today, I went to my nearest stealership and found out that my gas cap was superceeded by a newer which they didn't have, so I went to the other stealership and picked it up.

Crossing my fingers this it. No CEL so far.

grip_racer
01-16-2008, 12:23 PM
heres to hoping its just the gas cap

A4Rollin
01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
i dropped my gas cap and cracked it before.... cel came on just like you described. Kinda weird that it would come on just because of something small like a cracked gas cap! Made me happy when i found out it was something simple!