PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?



Mike~p
08-18-2004, 08:02 AM
well as alot of you know my trans is shot and so is my control module.....not to many transmission shops will work on it because they claim "audi uses tools and pieces that got to complicated so they stopped keeping up with audi/vw and stick with basic cars.....so itll be 7300 to fix the car


What would you do....i bought the thing for 15,300..then had a pretty bad crash after hitting a coyote, and payed prolly 5 tho at the end because insurance only covered so much....then i have prolly spent about 3000-3500 on my turbo and all the parts and stuff like that then of corse my system....so my question is wut u spend the money...or try and sell as is for a few tho and save for a new car?


^sorry for the novel

marked001
08-18-2004, 08:07 AM
..if its drivable... sell. just say its got tranny probs that you dont want to deal with and leave it at that.

DDQ
08-18-2004, 08:09 AM
I'd say your best bet is to part out your mods (turbo, etc...) and then part out the car or sell it for whatever you can get.

Or, if you plan on getting another A4, then keep your mods and transfer them to the new car.

That sucks man, sorry to hear about that.

Mike~p
08-18-2004, 08:15 AM
thanks man.....well if i took out turbo and stuff how would i sell the car then...cuz the ko3 is done for....i burned that thing up...and also say i sold as is how much u think i cud get?...car has 67k/

EVIL-AUDI
08-18-2004, 08:18 AM
I agree. get what you can for the mods and move on.

Ryan S.
08-18-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Mike~p
thanks man.....well if i took out turbo and stuff how would i sell the car then...cuz the ko3 is done for....i burned that thing up...and also say i sold as is how much u think i cud get?...car has 67k/
damn you must drive hard.

Mike~p
08-18-2004, 08:28 AM
im cocky an im 17......the worst combo u can have.....an to make it worse i have pretty bad road rage so a grandma in a minivan wud pass me an the lil shit i am id have to go crazy an show her that im quicker....but yeah i think y'all are right...unless i cud sumhow get a better price i shud prolly do that....how much is the most u think i shud pay for this tho?

nizmosx
08-18-2004, 08:31 AM
you can have mine if you give me the ko4 haha, i already have one but ill take two, hahaha.jk dude buy a new tranny and keep it. it should cost that much. i see trannys all the time on harbor, i mean ebay and they go for like 1500 bucks max. why repair it and pay mucho denero on repairing it when its cheaper to buy new. have you thought of that route. this would be a good oportunity for you to go manual, hahaha. i dont know but think about it. its a nice car to just throw away. plus with tranny problems and an accident you wont get crapola for the car.

Mike~p
08-18-2004, 08:37 AM
[:(]....this car has been through so much, so many problems and sh*t....mabie it is time to let it go....an save for a new car....Im kinda sick of thr tiptronic bullsh*t so next one needs to be 5spd or s4 6spd

Mike~p
08-18-2004, 08:39 AM
i cant picture myself without that car tho [:(]

nizmosx
08-18-2004, 08:45 AM
if you cant afford maintanance and problems with the a4 there is no way in hell you can afford an s4 man, before you make your decision, post on the s4 forum and ask them some of the issues they have, and just think if you blow the turbos, its time to replace two, i say you stick with the A4, me and my car have been through a bunch but i want to hang onto it much longer as its still fun to drive. enjoy it first.

Mike~p
08-18-2004, 10:53 AM
thats true...

Devious27t
08-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Mike~p
thats true...

if you bought an S4 i would give your k03's about a week... and to replace pretty much anything on that car you have to remove the engine... gets expensive really quickly.... you should call jose at eurotech motors and see what he would charge you said that your is still remoetely drivable right it would be worth the savings to limp it up to LA to have him fix it... pretty much all he does it work on audis so i know he will do it and he is reasonable too..

Devious27t
08-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by DVS18t
if you bought an S4 i would give your k03's about a week... and to replace pretty much anything on that car you have to remove the engine... gets expensive really quickly.... you should call jose at eurotech motors and see what he would charge you said that your is still remoetely drivable right it would be worth the savings to limp it up to LA to have him fix it... pretty much all he does it work on audis so i know he will do it and he is reasonable too..

here is his phone number call him up and see what he can do for you...

jose@Euro-Tech: 1310-575-9705

nizmosx
08-18-2004, 11:51 AM
i also know someone named casy who is damn good with audis. he used to work at commonwealth for 8 years so he has been working on the a4 since day one. he owns his own shop now in santa ana, so maybe if you interested ill call him and let him know your situation. maybe he can help, drive is not as bad as LA but jose is a damn good mechanic as well. call jose and my buddy casey and get some quotes. no body would have A4s if they gave up on it right away. you spent too much money to turn back. shit happens. what makes you think another car wont do the same thing. i would stick with it, find a used tranny which i see on ebay all the time for 1500 buy it now, and fix your pride and joy. take your time and make the right choice.

Mike~p
08-18-2004, 05:58 PM
well i called jose and he said he could get one from sumone an install it but my best bet would be to go to junk yards and try and get one from them and have him insatll it...so i think thats wut im going to be doing these next couple days

thanks for his number and stuff...im also going to be searching ebay for a used one

Devious27t
08-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Mike~p
well i called jose and he said he could get one from sumone an install it but my best bet would be to go to junk yards and try and get one from them and have him insatll it...so i think thats wut im going to be doing these next couple days

thanks for his number and stuff...im also going to be searching ebay for a used one

no prob hope that all works out, its sad to see your car go down so soon after you got the mods in there....

skene
08-18-2004, 06:56 PM
are you sure that the tranny is shot?

What leads you to believe this? What kind of error codes are you getting... or any other information regarding this. All I can see is that you are saying your tranny is dead....

AFOUR_PLAY
08-18-2004, 07:04 PM
Buy another A4, this time manual, then swap over the turbo etc and sell the thing

Mike~p
08-18-2004, 07:23 PM
well.....i took it to the steelership...and they pulled the codes...took samples of the fluid and i mean comon its pretty obvious

Devious27t
08-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by skene
are you sure that the tranny is shot?

What leads you to believe this? What kind of error codes are you getting... or any other information regarding this. All I can see is that you are saying your tranny is dead....

he said there were metal shavings in the tranny fluid....

Rieger_RS4
08-18-2004, 10:59 PM
how big is the turbo? The auto can't handle anything more then a k04.

Devious27t
08-19-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Rieger_RS4
how big is the turbo? The auto can't handle anything more then a k04.

he is running a k04 and tips have handled more than that before... the problem generally is that they just slip not shave the gears.....

Mike~p
08-19-2004, 08:46 AM
well i found a lot better of a deal a few g's cheeper and ima get it...do you think ill be having more tranny probs in the future because of running a ko4 on a tip 1.8.....i havnt really read about to many people with tranny problems with ko4's an tip...but ive only been on these forums a few months so what do i know

Devious27t
08-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mike~p
well i found a lot better of a deal a few g's cheeper and ima get it...do you think ill be having more tranny probs in the future because of running a ko4 on a tip 1.8.....i havnt really read about to many people with tranny problems with ko4's an tip...but ive only been on these forums a few months so what do i know

i would avoid hard launching on the car, if you are gonna play around with people on the streets that is your business, i would keep to playing on the freeway and such not drag racing.... not saying you were or anything just a heads up.

Mike~p
08-19-2004, 09:30 AM
yeah.....i cant afford to hurt the engine any more than i have...so after i get this done...im doin a custom exhaust fmic and then takin a break with engine mods and work on lowering/rims/body and brakes