PDA

View Full Version : my new depos.. got some questions

projectdarka4
01-14-2008, 04:25 PM
So i got my depos today finally!!! couple questions... there are a couple metal bars that are hooked to the back.. I just remove those right? and then there are these plastic pieces with screws in the box... what are they for? im a 98 for the record and i bought 2 piecers..
Last question.. i bought clear silicone to seal them... is that right?

generik777
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
I think the plastic things have something to do with if you add HIDs, although i never used them when i put mine in cause i didnt know what i was supposed to do with them. And yes those metal bars come out, they are just shipping supports. I never put any silicone on mine and they are fine, but i guess it couldn't hurt to add some if you want.

projectdarka4
01-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Has anybody had any issues with not silicone-ing them haha? i did the corners and its a pita... the headlights are gonna be alot worse i think... Is it necessary?

A4Tuner
01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
LOL do you know why you should sillicone them?? just curious...

wash the car mate, if they start to fog up and at least get a little bit of water in them then dry it out and sillicone it.
i only had to do this to one of my indicators. yes, mine are also depo 2pc.

projectdarka4
01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
i kno why ha its to stop water from getting in... i did the corners, and i dont really wanna do the actual lights cuz its such a pita