PDA

View Full Version : The never ending debate: Magnaflow or Milltek??

3M0RT4L
08-17-2004, 06:45 PM
Alright everyone... what should i do i have a 98 Audi A4 FrontTrank Tip. Either getting a Milltek system or getting a custom magnaflow.

Anyone have any comments on either one of those? Sound differences? Peformance diff? Pics/Sound clips would be greatly appreciated

email me at spyder3253@cs.com if you cant host them

Thanks,
Rodolfo

Devious27t
08-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MiracleWhip
Alright everyone... what should i do i have a 98 Audi A4 FrontTrank Tip. Either getting a Milltek system or getting a custom magnaflow.

Anyone have any comments on either one of those? Sound differences? Peformance diff? Pics/Sound clips would be greatly appreciated

email me at spyder3253@cs.com if you cant host them

Thanks,
Rodolfo

go custom if you have a reputable shop that can do the work... if not then go milltek.... a custom system if done correctly will almost always be better than a cookie cutter exhaust system.. the fitment will be better and like i said if you have a reputable shop to do it the bends will be more precise (ie less restriction from bend angle).... which is why i use labree motorsports for my stuff...

3M0RT4L
08-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Did you use magnaflow or what? If so how do you like it?

Mike~p
08-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Nah he was saying that he had a custom shop make an full system for him, thust having not as bad angels and turns, and they can always make it fit better

Devious27t
08-18-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by MiracleWhip
Did you use magnaflow or what? If so how do you like it?

currently i have a labree motorsports (tantrum werks) downpipe and high flow cat with full 2.5" and i am using a magnaflow 14" 2.5" inner diameter stainless steel resonator and an OEM S4 muffler... i will be replacing the S4 muffler soon with the muffler from an HKS Klasse, i just have to get the HKS unit either powdercoated or acid dipped.... no chrome bling for me....

nizmosx
08-18-2004, 08:53 AM
dvs i didnt know you wanted that muffler on your car. i can get you the full unit for cheap from that dude. if you know someone that wants the piping all they would need to do is add a magnaflow muffler on the piping and you can keep the muffler and tip. anyway im sure you already have it sitting at your pad. what color are you gonna coat it with. i think it would look sick if they can give it that titanium look taht those new neuspeed exhausts have that they make for the golf something like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/nizmosx/30.jpg

DO IT, DO IT

Devious27t
08-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by nizmosx
dvs i didnt know you wanted that muffler on your car. i can get you the full unit for cheap from that dude. if you know someone that wants the piping all they would need to do is add a magnaflow muffler on the piping and you can keep the muffler and tip. anyway im sure you already have it sitting at your pad. what color are you gonna coat it with. i think it would look sick if they can give it that titanium look taht those new neuspeed exhausts have that they make for the golf something like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/nizmosx/30.jpg

DO IT, DO IT

i already have one lol its just sitting in my garage right now... i am not gonna post what i got the whole system for i will just tell you in person.... you wont believe it...

nizmosx
08-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by DVS18t
i already have one lol its just sitting in my garage right now... i am not gonna post what i got the whole system for i will just tell you in person.... you wont believe it...

knowing you, and some of the other prices u paid for things im sure its dirt cheap, i had no idea you liked the cowbell look tho, that was the first exhaust i ever baught for my car. i dont think i ever put it on tho. haha

Devious27t
08-18-2004, 09:16 AM
knowing you, and some of the other prices u paid for things im sure its dirt cheap, i had no idea you liked the cowbell look tho, that was the first exhaust i ever baught for my car. i dont think i ever put it on tho. haha

the tip will be either gunmetal or black so i really dont care about the look of it... the thing i like about the HKS muffler is that it is the only true straight thru muffler made for our cars (besides universal N1's and such that ie fartcans) the resonator is not straight thru however.... i bought the whole system and chunked everything but the muffler, with my 14" magnaflow straight through resonator i think it will be pretty damn good.... it will most definately be more free flowing than anything else i can get... i am going to put my S4 rear valence on and have labree readjust the hangers so that it fits in the cutout perfectly...

nizmosx
08-18-2004, 10:45 AM
milltek is an expensive setup although i hear it works well, i was going to get it before i got the neuspeed. i like the neuspeed tips so much beter than milltek, the chrome crap looks cheap but its a damn good exhaust. going custom with magnaflow would be a cheaper alternative you just have to make sure you go to a reputalbe shop. my buddy got a custom exhaust on his wrx and when he went to a wrx shop to get something installed they told him his exhaust was a whack job. and that he should get a new one asaps. its all up to you. and what you want out of your car. i personaly wouldnt want to pay milteks price. my cents

Devious27t
08-18-2004, 12:16 PM
milltek is an expensive setup although i hear it works well, i was going to get it before i got the neuspeed. i like the neuspeed tips so much beter than milltek, the chrome crap looks cheap but its a damn good exhaust. going custom with magnaflow would be a cheaper alternative you just have to make sure you go to a reputalbe shop. my buddy got a custom exhaust on his wrx and when he went to a wrx shop to get something installed they told him his exhaust was a whack job. and that he should get a new one asaps. its all up to you. and what you want out of your car. i personaly wouldnt want to pay milteks price. my cents

agreed.

yellowaudi24psi
08-18-2004, 07:56 PM
neither get a supersprint exhaust. mine sounds mint and it passes the mom test. aka i can pull in at 5 am and she is none the wiser.