PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Bushings

staubach333
01-13-2008, 08:41 AM
Is there a aftermarket bushing kit I can install on my stock shifter to tighten the play up? Once again the shifter is stock...TIA

.Mad Hatter.
01-13-2008, 08:44 AM
You should be able to replace the bushings with the OEM parts...they are likely worn out.

mike-2ptzero
01-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Is there a aftermarket bushing kit I can install on my stock shifter to tighten the play up? Once again the shifter is stock...TIA

Only bushings you can change would be the one on the stabilizer bar. JHM sells an upgrade bushing setup for just that which helps tighten up the movement of the shifter base. Something that will also help tighten up the shifter play is the JHM shift linkage upgrade. You can get both of these at the JHM site which is www.audishifter.com or you can get them from me.[:D]

.Mad Hatter.
01-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Mike, would their bushing kit be worth while on an ebay SS(B&M essentially)?

mike-2ptzero
01-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Mike, would their bushing kit be worth while on an ebay SS(B&M essentially)?

Yes. Because it will help remove some of the slop of the linkage and movement of the shifter base. Only way to get any better then that is to upgrade to the JHM shifter which is much better designed then any other shifter kit out there. Let me know if you need any of the parts and I can even put together a full package deal that would include the shifter/linkage/bushings.