PDA

View Full Version : HID question?

killaxova
01-12-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm getting ready to install my HID kit on my a4 01'...I was just wondering where people have mounted the ballast i was looking the it today and just couldn't find a place. Thanks.......pics will be very helpful...

.Mad Hatter.
01-12-2008, 04:27 PM
mine are ziptied behind the headlight...ill get some pics tomorrow, ill be in there anyway to clean my engine bay up.

XrichTHEdudeX
01-13-2008, 03:04 AM
take out the entire headlight housing, there is a slot cut under the housing that you can drill the ballast into. it fits perfectly im guessing thats where the OEM ballasts would be mounted? but yeah good luck.

legionvr6
01-13-2008, 03:15 AM
STOP just get some REALY strong double sided tape. just under the headlights (from hehind the headlight) their is a perfect place. just double side tape them their. no need to drill or any thing. exept for the holes ou need to make in the dust caps.

i've been runing mine like that for like 1.5 months no problems

oneighty
01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I put mine under the headlight in the factory location and strapped it down with zip ties.

On a side note, after aiming my headlights using the method on audifaq.com my brights are now way out of adjustment, is there a seperate way to adjust the brights??