PDA

View Full Version : some help please!

audiluxary
01-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Ok, I installed my APR Turbo Intake Pipe on car yesterday. I t was a tight fit getting it inthere but was good. I plugged my PCV Valve back in and clamped along with the N75 "H" valve in and the other 2 lines, everything all good. I took it for a test drive and it sounds a little better, you can deffinatly here the turbo better. I get to a red light and look in the rear veiw mirror and see quite a bit of white smoke from the exhaust. I drive back toward the house and know smoke. I go back to the house and turn it off. What is the white smoke comming from and does it have somthing to do with the mod I did. I know white smoke is usually from coolant and I looked at my resevoir and it was about 2 centimeters below the low mark.
Info : I just changed the spark plugs 5 days ago with BKR6E
-OIl change 2 days ago with Royal Purple 5w 40
-Filled up with 91 oct and bottle of lucas boosted

Please help, you can start the car and know smoke from exhaust, when car warms up to regular idle it smokes, and it's not cold here I live in Cali, thanks.[headbang][headbang][headbang]

devmaster
01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
head gasket? valve cover gasket? oil cooler? these all have similar symptoms

audiluxary
01-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks that is one option I was suspecting, but why all of a sudden it started happening after I put the TIP on? Has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it?

b5a4lover
01-12-2008, 05:38 PM
did anything get inside the pipe or either the turbo or intake while you were installing it?

audiluxary
01-12-2008, 06:00 PM
B5A4Lover, nothing that I can remember got into the turbo or piping. The piping was brand new silicone and I wiped the connection part of the turbo to make sure nothinng got in their. I am wondering if that pancake valve that goes into the TIP and the crank case breather hose is bad, could that effect oil maybe passing through it and to the turbo and so on out the exhaust. How does the pancake valve work and could it go bad? Any other help would be helpful. I thought they might have overfilled the oil, soI checked it and it was a tad to high on the dip stick, like maybe a 1/4 of a quart or less. I drained some oil out, just a little and then started her up. She didn't have any smoke coming out for a while and then slowly at idle it started smoking again. Help please.[mad][=(]

audiluxary
01-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Bump for some help, could I be spitting smoke do to a boost leak just wondering. I went for a drive to see if it would stop and no luck. When your driving you can't see it of course, but at the red light it's still smoking.I got the car home to and turned it off and the turbo timer kicked in and I watched the exhaust. I couldn't see any smoke at all untill right before the car shut off I started seeing a light smoke. Help please it has never done this before, it's all new.