PDA

View Full Version : New Turbo... New Oil?

SouRce4
01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
im about to drop in my new turbo into the 1.8t and am wondering whether or not i can keep my existing oil in the engine while taking the old turbo out and putting the new k03s in? Will the lines currently have loads of oil in them? will the old turbo have lots of oil in it currently? same thing goes for coolant? (or does that not run thru the turbo?)

second question is when seafoam is put into the oil does that run thru the turbo? if so why would you also seafoam the vac lines?

aytheory
01-11-2008, 04:28 PM
mmmm you save 15 bux of oil - might as well get an oil change while your at it -

motor oil runs through the whole system - so yes seafoam goes through the turbo

seafoam vac lines is for the combustion chambers and valves

SouRce4
01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
ohhh that clears my issue on the vac lines. The oil money isnt an issue really but i am using royal purple and literally just put it in. dont feel like wasteing $50... or whatever it cost me. ps the royal purple does make a slight difference but not enough to spend $50 on an oil change done by myself lol.

317ssayzarc
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
ohhh that clears my issue on the vac lines. The oil money isnt an issue really but i am using royal purple and literally just put it in. dont feel like wasteing $50... or whatever it cost me. ps the royal purple does make a slight difference but not enough to spend $50 on an oil change done by myself lol.

royal purple sucks

aytheory
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
yah go get some castro - but that is fine as long as whatever you put the oil in or hold the oil was a clean container - if it has anything in it like a bit of sand or plastic shavings - well........... you know ....