PDA

View Full Version : MAF issues... any help would be great..

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 01:57 PM
just installed my new MAF and i am still getting the same cel.. signal to low...

I remember a while back I took the fuse out for the secondary air pump because it was making noise..

I didnt know if anyone could tell me if they ran on the same fuse??? or if there was anything else I could try...

the confusing part is I changed heads atw-aeb and i have no cel for the air pump

whoace
01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
What's the exact code?

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Mass Air Flow sensor signal too low p0102

any help would be mint..

k0mpresd
01-11-2008, 05:33 PM
16486 P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circ Low Input

possibly check your wiring/connector

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
the connector is brand new, I just replaced it, had Audi make me a new one... I wired it in with the last MAF thought that was the problem before. didnt fix the problem.. (the old wires looked ratty and the conector was beat)

Oh and Kompred-thanks for the ABS link.. my friend is fixing it for me.. saved me some cash

k0mpresd
01-11-2008, 05:51 PM
new maf and new harness...sounds like there is def a problem somewhere other than the norm to still be receiving code...how many "'s of new wire did you splice?

i think i fixed a module using that link..i checked connections w/ multimeter when broken and when "fixed" and the values are significantly different so i assume its fixed..i just havent had a chance to get it on the car yet to find out for sure :(

tell your friend to be very careful btw :)

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 05:57 PM
ha.. I will.. he works on computers all day long.. I think he will do fine..

Well here is the thing, Its a five prong i have stage 3+ only 4 are used (atleast now) and when i got it (no MAF issues when I bought it) I replaced all the wires it had spliced up as far as I could becasue all the wires were heat soaked due to the turbo being right there and the carbonio intake sucking ass.. (worst intake IMO) fitment is shooty at best.. at any rate I may have to check wire for wire but I dont really know which one should be hot and at what when or by how much.. so its kinda pointless

k0mpresd
01-11-2008, 06:01 PM
it is a 5 pin connector but only 4 wires are used on my atw as well ;)

i would check where you spliced into original harness

im not sure on the wires either...one is 0-5v haha ;) but only w/ the engine running :(

i hate wiring

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 06:04 PM
i did it wire for wire.. so I wouldnt fuk up.. Im not a fan of that crap.. I would take it to mike at momentum but they closed.. he use to fix all my nagging delemas.. now im in it for myself... and lost..

k0mpresd
01-11-2008, 06:05 PM
do you have vagcom? or are you able to log/check measuring blocks?

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 06:06 PM
looks like Im beat.. Ill try plugging that Fuse back in tomorrow and messing with the wires.. I hate seeing my dash looking like an Xmass tree

k0mpresd
01-11-2008, 06:09 PM
to be honest..i wouldnt be surprised if that did cause your code now that i think about it

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
it may have.. the Wires come from the same side of the Harness.. and If I recall the problem started shortly after i pulled the fuse..the pump was running all the time.. even when the car was off.. and sounded like a wet dry vac.. now i dont have it.. and I dont have a cel for it..lol Im going to try that tomorrow as well and see what happens.. i have been looking for a wire diagram

k0mpresd
01-11-2008, 06:13 PM
when i used to run no maf on my car the ecu would not raise idle speed and try to kick on sec air pump when the car was first started...no code

now that i run a maf the idle speed is raised for first 30secs even though there is no sec air system on the car still...code

thats what makes me think they are related

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 06:16 PM
you know what.. the RPM is lower at start up.. never realized it till now.. interesting.. I remember the idle speed being hight at first.. you may be on to something... to bad its raining..

k0mpresd
01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
post how it goes

im on my own quest for knowledge... :(

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
well im going to shower and meet some people out for some drinks.. thanks for the help... and the convo.. be good..

johnnybravoa4
01-11-2008, 06:18 PM
what kind of quest..

k0mpresd
01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182610

turbofan
01-12-2008, 12:19 PM
when i used to run no maf on my car the ecu would not raise idle speed and try to kick on sec air pump when the car was first started...no code

now that i run a maf the idle speed is raised for first 30secs even though there is no sec air system on the car still...code

thats what makes me think they are related

Sorry to but in, but I have a 98 a4/2.8, and at first start up the car idles fast {2000 rpm}, and I can hear the secondary air pump.I was under the assumption that the high idle was to supply the maf with warm air.This is why I didn't question the high idle in the summer months also.Does this mean I have a issue with my MAF also?Any insight on your prev. issues with your maf would be greatly appreciated.

k0mpresd
01-12-2008, 12:22 PM
2k rpm sounds too high

my 1.8t idles ~1400 for first 30 secs

btw..the system is supplying the catalyst w/ warm air to heat it faster