PDA

View Full Version : Audi/VW V6/VR6 DBC Throttle body

Ado
01-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Just wanted to see who is running a Audi/VW V6/VR6 DBC Throttle body? Pros, cons. Mine took a crap today so i when over to 034 and picked one, and i also got the throttle adapter kit. Why buy stock when you can go bigger. ahh.

I did try to search but came up empty handed. I dont like the new layout of the search part too. It seems much more PITA.

The guys at 034 are great people. Always willing to help out.

317ssayzarc
01-11-2008, 05:38 AM
think i might be running this on my new intake mani...

Solaris
01-11-2008, 05:45 AM
When it comes to using a bigger throttle body, I have 2 concerns. First, if your intake plumbing is, say, 2", how much does a 2.5" throttle body help, if at all? Might it even hurt?

Second, when you are using part throttle on the new body and the ECU sees 50% throttle position, you're actually allowing the same amount of air as you would at 62.5% on the old body. How does this affect part throttle driving?

ModifiedA4
01-11-2008, 05:53 AM
excellent questions...tracking.

mike-2ptzero
01-11-2008, 07:17 AM
When it comes to using a bigger throttle body, I have 2 concerns. First, if your intake plumbing is, say, 2", how much does a 2.5" throttle body help, if at all? Might it even hurt?

Second, when you are using part throttle on the new body and the ECU sees 50% throttle position, you're actually allowing the same amount of air as you would at 62.5% on the old body. How does this affect part throttle driving?

Most likely wont see all that much gain. You shouldn't see any issues at part throttle since the car is still controlling the fueling with the maf and 02 sensor. What you might end up seeing is a lower vacuum reading at 50% throttle since more air is flowing thru the larger TB.

I run the VR6 dbc throttle body. Even on my car using 2.5" IC pipe I have to have a reducer hose since the VR6 TB has 3" OD. It would't be all that great to go from 2" to 3" and this upgrade would be best for a BAT.

Ado - what is wrong with the search button? All they did was put it all in 1 button, you just have to push it and go down to the bottom of the pull down tab to hit the "advance search" to get the normal search page.

Ado
01-11-2008, 07:50 AM
ahh thanks mike. yea i did puch that search button. when the page loaded up it was full with the same apricals.