PDA

View Full Version : A4 Not Starting

Gibbs
01-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey folks, I was out in the motor a few nites ago putting in a new dvd/cd player but didnt have the correct wiring harness for it so i left her sitting. Came out a few days later and she wont start.

I have tryed jump leads to no affect thinking it was the battery but the windows/lights/dashboard all still light up. She is turning over and the timing belt in turning and shes trying to start but theres a slight click out of her when shes trying to start.

Anyone got any thoughts to whats up.[confused] A guy was 2 come today to have a look but didnt show so he can go feck himself lol [headbang]

If you need any further info ill post it up

Cheers folks

whoace
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Try charging the battery. Sounds like you don't have enough amps to get her fired. Is it very slow cranking? If it cranks fine but won't start, I'd check fuel pressure.

Gibbs
01-11-2008, 05:49 AM
i used jump leads on her which didn't help so i don't think its the battery.

its either the diesel pump or heater plugs am thinking as its really cold in my area at the min, -1 every nite this week

Mawhitey
01-11-2008, 08:31 AM
diesel probably frozen then, assuming it was ok wheni t was parked.

whoace
01-11-2008, 01:32 PM
i used jump leads on her which didn't help so i don't think its the battery.

its either the diesel pump or heater plugs am thinking as its really cold in my area at the min, -1 every nite this week

Didn't know it was a diesel...A4 Diesel?? Manwhitey is probably right. Glow plugs don't heat the fuel, they just heat the air. Your fuel has probably gelled up. There's parafin wax in diesel and it gels when it's real cold.

Gibbs
01-11-2008, 02:45 PM
i just took out the battery and stuck it on a battery chager, it read at 10% full so its charging up now, and ill try again 2moro.

How would i test to see if the diesel is frozen?

Gibbs
01-12-2008, 10:39 AM
was the battery indeed folks. the one that was in her was fecked so i icked up a new 80amps one and she kicked off 1st time no problem

heres a little peep at my baby:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/joey222/i22932.jpg

Cheers guys