PDA

View Full Version : Hand Brake Adjustment.

This Is Epic
01-10-2008, 06:11 AM
My hand brake isn't the greatest in the world, more like it sucks terribly. I'm going to be putting new brakes all the way around this weekend. If that doesn't fix my problem where is the hand brake adjustment located-- hand brake itself or underneath somewhere?

Black_97 A4
01-10-2008, 06:59 AM
It should be under the back of the hand brake (still in car)...tighten up the wires...

auditi
01-10-2008, 07:13 AM
i heard the b5 has a self adjusting hand brake... and mine sometimes pulls up further than other times. anyone heard of this?

Cronogr
01-10-2008, 07:29 AM
In the b5 if u pull the ebrake with too much force it will go up further than when u doing it normaly if u want to adjust the ebrake u need to remove the plastic cover and the whole think around, remove the the back ashtray u will find a big screw remove it, their 2 other between the seats but their coverd so u need to remove the covers and the unscrew them it's easy just need to pull the seats back hope this helps :/

ps. To remover the cover of the ebrake u need to be really carefull (i broke mine) it's 2 pieces and one plastic think keeps them together before u remove anything remove that and then the covers

This Is Epic
01-10-2008, 07:30 AM
In the b5 if u pull the ebrake with too much force it will go up further than when u doing it normaly if u want to adjust the ebrake u need to remove the plastic cover and the whole think around, remove the the back ashtray u will find a big screw remove it, their 2 other between the seats but their coverd so u need to remove the covers and the unscrew them it's easy just need to pull the seats back hope this helps :/

ps. To remover the cover of the ebrake u need to be really carefull (i broke mine) it's 2 pieces and one plastic think keeps them together before u remove anything remove that and then the covers

Awesome, thank ya sir.