PDA

View Full Version : GT2871R S4 build-up progress w/ pics

Pages : [1] 2

VelocityS4
01-09-2008, 11:21 PM
I've been relatively quiet about my project since it got off to a very slow start, however recently it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel. So I figured now is the time to share.. here is the summary and progress pics..

The car is being built and tuned by VW / Audi experts USP Motorsports (http://www.uspmotorsports.com) in south Florida, the shop at which I am employed. Chris Green, owner of USP, will be tuning the 034 engine management, the same tuner who set a few benchmarks in the VW world with his 9 Second MK3 VR6 Jetta (http://uspmotorsports.com/chris.php) and shop car 10 second MK4 1.8T (http://uspmotorsports.com/mike.php).

Hardware summary
S4 block w/ Pauter rods and CP pistons (82.5mm)
RS4 crankshaft, OEM bearings
Raceware mainstuds
2.8 heads w/ Ferrea valvetrain
Raceware headstuds
RS4 intake manifold
75mm Throttle body
034 mounts

Turbo kit
Vast Performance GT2871R kit w/ Wicked Motorsports mods
Twin Tial 38mm Wastegates
Tial 50mm BOV
Custom intercooler (2 in 1 out design)

Fuel System
Twin in-tank walbro 255's
Custom fuel rails
750cc injectors
Twin -6 feed lines
1 -8 return

Drivetrain
Clutchmasters Stage 4 w/ stock flywheel

Engine Management
034 Stage IIc - USP Motorsports tuned

On to a few pics.. I will update this thread as we make more progress.

The motor being assembled..
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs4motor.jpg
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs4motor2.jpg
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs4motor3.jpg

In the car..
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs41.jpg
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs42.jpg
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs43.jpg
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs44.jpg
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs45.jpg

Fuel rails being made..
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs4rail.jpg

Enjoy your record while it last Marc [;)]

DeanUW
01-09-2008, 11:25 PM
All I can say is, I wish my engine bay looked like that!!!

BurnAll4S4
01-09-2008, 11:26 PM
bro thats some crazy exhaust work. cant wait to see it done. should run at least a 14.

panix73
01-09-2008, 11:27 PM
manifold look amazing.. great shots.

SilverBiturboS4
01-09-2008, 11:29 PM
damn that shit is Crazy. Cant wait to see it running.

Nexus1155
01-09-2008, 11:31 PM
sickkkk and lol @ the 14, but unless you shed the weight, i think Marcs record will stand... now gut that pig.. :D

AudiA4_20T
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Hey great build? This is the kind of shit that I have been waiting for in the S4 community!

How much were the rods/pistons?

and Why the RS4 crank?

VelocityS4
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
bro thats some crazy exhaust work. cant wait to see it done. should run at least a 14.
Haha, yeah maybe if I let off in the 1/8th. Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but I really cant wait to silence the GT haters with this car.

panix73
01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
whats your compression ratio? and how much boost do you plan on running?

VelocityS4
01-09-2008, 11:35 PM
sickkkk and lol @ the 14, but unless you shed the weight, i think Marcs record will stand... now gut that pig.. :D

Dont worry about the weight, it will be in shape by the time it hits the track. [:)]

Hey great build? This is the kind of shit that I have been waiting for in the S4 community!

How much were the rods/pistons?

and Why the RS4 crank?
$1600 for the rods and pistons w/ my shops discount.
I went with the RS4 crank just because I happened to get a good deal on it.. I was in the market for a new crank one and that showed up.

VelocityS4
01-09-2008, 11:37 PM
whats your compression ratio? and how much boost do you plan on running?

~9:1 compression ratio.
As for boost.. we'll see how its responding on the dyno and make the call there

AudiA4_20T
01-09-2008, 11:40 PM
One more thing, how fun are spark plugs going to be with those manifolds!

EDIT: last pic shows its not that bad [up] guess it was the angles

BurnAll4S4
01-09-2008, 11:40 PM
*waits for certain people to come in...talk shit and turn this into a 4-5 page pissing contest*

...since no one can just be happy for people and all.

ill start it off....

GOOD JOB SPENDING 20K TO RUN .3 FASTER N00B!

VelocityS4
01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
*waits for certain people to come in...talk shit and turn this into a 4-5 page pissing contest*

...since no one can just be happy for people and all.

ill start it off....

GOOD JOB SPENDING 20K TO RUN .3 FASTER N00B!

If I only go .3 faster then my last setup I will personally drive the car into a lake. Rest assured, I dont want to do that.. so look forward to some benchmark 1/4 mile times.

AudiA4_20T
01-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey also, you gonna get any kind of heat shields on those intakes? Looks like they are going to be just sucking in hot air from the manifolds

MiniRS4
01-10-2008, 12:50 AM
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

what TB are you going w? is 75mm an OEM RS4? i forgot the exact size even tho i read it recently. the flange looks unchaged on the manifold, but you never know...

pls LMK, -G.

MiniRS4
01-10-2008, 12:54 AM
also, any pics of your intercooler??? is it the same one i am using?

esss_pho
01-10-2008, 01:09 AM
niice jeff...you shall be rapin face very soon

safab
01-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Nice build...look forward to seeing what you put down and curious to see spool up time.

Also, If you don't mind sharing, what size is the tubing (ID) on those manifolds before and after the merge collector? I'm guessing 1.5" and 2.25"? And, where does the ABS stuff end up? Looks like it's moved to accomodate the manifold/WG?

lrg8683
01-10-2008, 01:51 AM
looks quality.. good luck with everything.. hope it works better than the ASP 30k+ build cars.

2kblacks4
01-10-2008, 02:46 AM
best of luck at the track. motor looks incredible.

why dont you come to my house and let me take it for a spin?[:D]

esss_pho
01-10-2008, 03:00 AM
ill let you know how it is...if he gives me a ride :)

FrimmelNoJerz
01-10-2008, 03:23 AM
and to think..you were some random kid screaming at me from a parking deck in universal. looks awesome so far. good luck with it jeff and be sure to keep us posted.

NYCVR6
01-10-2008, 05:53 AM
Looks good... Chris Green's shop huh? Havent seen Chris in a couple years, he still running that Jetta of his? What AR is the hotside on those 2871's?

hodan
01-10-2008, 07:04 AM
DO NOT let Frimmel near that car. . .

S4tranquility
01-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Dang Jeff. Looks great.

W1CK3D
01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
DO NOT let Frimmel near that car. . .

I second this. Car looks great man, build quality is crazy [up]

AudiSportB5S4
01-10-2008, 07:49 AM
my fresh newly install k04s would destroy that ................. haha, not! looks awesome!

highPSI-S4
01-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Nice work, As one member said "it's about time." Can't wait to see what it does. if i had money i'd do the same. but maybe you will be the one to stop all the Gt haters, only time will tell. GOODLUCK!

VelocityS4
01-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Hey also, you gonna get any kind of heat shields on those intakes? Looks like they are going to be just sucking in hot air from the manifolds
We will be building airboxes for each intake.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

what TB are you going w? is 75mm an OEM RS4? i forgot the exact size even tho i read it recently. the flange looks unchaged on the manifold, but you never know...

pls LMK, -G.
Edelbrock 75mm. No RS4, need drive by cable.

also, any pics of your intercooler??? is it the same one i am using?
http://treadstoneperformance.com/~treadstone/prod_imgs/img-312-0-large.jpg

Looks good... Chris Green's shop huh? Havent seen Chris in a couple years, he still running that Jetta of his? What AR is the hotside on those 2871's?

Yeah he's still got the Jetta.. not really racing it though. Maybe if Brian Kirch comes back down for alittle while it will give him some motivation.

cleveland222
01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Wow. Congrats, and good luck finishing it up. It's looking great.

Kievskiy
01-10-2008, 09:07 AM
i have a Q, how hot will it get under the hood with those manifolds? it looks like it may burn some wiring....?
---
Good idea with piping !

NYCVR6
01-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah he's still got the Jetta.. not really racing it though. Maybe if Brian Kirch comes back down for alittle while it will give him some motivation.

Shit, i havent seen Brian in a while either come to think of it. Last time i saw him he was pit crewing that MMI rado.. He should be driving again.. I heard he's playing with evos now through the grapevine.

You know the AR on those turbine housings of yours? .63 or smaller?

Daft
01-10-2008, 09:17 AM
i have a Q, how hot will it get under the hood with those manifolds? it looks like it may burn some wiring....?
---
Good idea with piping !

Yeah, that's my concern too. That's some major heat running in those pipes after a couple gears of WOT. I'd be cautious of the hood warping or paint flaking off.

Otherwise, it looks like a nice build. Looks like you've spent a fair amount of time getting things prepared.

10SecS4
01-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Lookin' good slick. I'm looking forward to some competition in '08. [:D]

rskelme
01-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Hey Jeff - are you guys going to have that car running by the SF GTG? Can't wait to see it, looks amazing. Glad to see USP is bringing this level of work for the B5 S4 to S. FL. Good to know I don't have to bring my car to California, Michigan or Connecticut if I decide to get a little crazy [wrench]

-Roman

Papachristou
01-10-2008, 09:35 AM
all i can say is F*** all you s4 guys! My car wont ever be even remotely anywhere near as fast as you guys...[:D] i just want to ride in one of your cars!

Boris
01-10-2008, 09:57 AM
hey thats great your doing this, I cant wait to see your numbers, Im sure they will be impressive. Congrats

btw, will your abs unit still fit in there? nice light weight battery too.

ThirdStrike
01-10-2008, 10:05 AM
marcs record was set with mostly oem hardware.. this is on a whole other level. not to take away from the significance but its not comparable imo
im thinking high 9's?

AB18
01-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Marcs record was set in a gutted car,thats on a whole other level. The car has no other purpose but to go fast. One person can ride in it(driver), thats if your ears don't start to bleed from the noise after awhile i would imagine My BT A4 was have gutted,i know the feeling. It is a purpose built race car no matter what he says. Its not street legal, yes it may be registerd. But if he were to take it to the nearest dealer, and ask for a inspection, he wouldnt pass. So no, if its not even street legal, its not a street car. So yeah, your right, its not on the same level.

generationjdm
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Theres 7sec cars in Detroit that r still registered if that tells you anything. Damn you weren't playing around Velocity, very very nice build with pretty much the best parts, definitely big money spent here but not wasted at all[up]

blackbenzz
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Nice work! Thats what I like to see. Hope to see some great numbers in the near future.

ThirdStrike
01-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Marcs record was set in a gutted car,thats on a whole other level. The car has no other purpose but to go fast. One person can ride in it(driver), thats if your ears don't start to bleed from the noise after awhile i would imagine My BT A4 was have gutted,i know the feeling. It is a purpose built race car no matter what he says. Its not street legal, yes it may be registerd. But if he were to take it to the nearest dealer, and ask for a inspection, he wouldnt pass. So no, if its not even street legal, its not a street car. So yeah, your right, its not on the same level.

true true & more truth
were the headers/manifolds designed by vast?

revhards4
01-10-2008, 10:43 AM
It's all in the tune. If this guy has tuned cars running into the 9's I foresee an extrmemly fast S4 here.

Militant-Grunt
01-10-2008, 10:56 AM
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs41.jpg

I'd make some sort of coil pack covers like what 034 offers for the 1.8t motor to shield from BT setups. Once those manifolds start glowing red hot I wouldn't be surprised if they started melting surrounding plastics.

How is that header design more efficient that sets say direct short tubular?

Dan@JHM
01-10-2008, 11:04 AM
lookin good man, im currently into my vast gt kit project as well ;)

esss_pho
01-10-2008, 11:05 AM
my guess would be equal length

hdiaS4
01-10-2008, 11:18 AM
So with 034 you won't be using MAF numbers, what are you going to tune the car by?

PinoyS4
01-10-2008, 11:20 AM
lookin' good can't wait to see some times!

10SecS4
01-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Marcs record was set in a gutted car,thats on a whole other level. The car has no other purpose but to go fast. One person can ride in it(driver), thats if your ears don't start to bleed from the noise after awhile i would imagine My BT A4 was have gutted,i know the feeling. It is a purpose built race car no matter what he says. Its not street legal, yes it may be registerd. But if he were to take it to the nearest dealer, and ask for a inspection, he wouldnt pass. So no, if its not even street legal, its not a street car. So yeah, your right, its not on the same level.Here we go again.

Sure my 10.73 (not a record BTW) came in a gutted car, but it was also in a car that has what, 4 or 5 bolt ons? That's it. Stock motor, stock heads, stock cams, stock exhaust manifolds, stock engine management, OEM RS4 turbos, etc, etc. My main objective with the car is to go as fast as possible while spending as little money as possible while making it as reliable and consistent as possible. It's also nice having a nice broad powerband and a torque curve as flat as Kansas!

95% of the cars on this forum would also fail inspection, so does that mean they're not street cars? How many cars on this forum don't have cats? So yeah, I don't think the argument should be whether or not a car is technically "street legal" or not according to state statute, but rather is said car driven regularly on the street and not trailered all over the map? I put 15,000 street miles on my blue car in 2007 and it has never once been on a trailer. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck...

What it comes down to is different strokes for different folks. Some would rather have a full interior and big turbos, others would rather spend little no money to achieve the same (or better) performance in a gutted car. To me, going the lightweight route is a no brainer since you can still have little to no lag, tons of low end torque, the ability to beat most cars in 6th gear on the highway, stellar reliability and consistency, improved fuel economy, improved handling, improved braking, little to no money spent, etc, etc. These are just some of the many advantages to weight reduction that a lot of people overlook.

Gutting an S4 makes more sense these days than ever before since you can buy a complete and running S4 for well under $10,000. After you strip it and sell all the parts you don't need, you could easily wind up with a running S4 for only a couple grand. Who cares if it's gutted or not gutted, technically street legal or not street legal, etc. because at that point the car is DISPOSABLE and you only have a couple grand into it! [:D] It's very rare to have a car that you can race and always know if you go to part it out, you could at the very least make your money back. I think this is due to the fact that the S4 has a very favorable ratio when it comes to comparing the value of the car's parts vs what the car is worth as complete and running...

ThirdStrike
01-10-2008, 11:29 AM
LOL i knew that was coming..

JaredVL
01-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey Jeff, good work man. Cant wait to see it done and going.

Dr.Duct
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Sir! THAT! IS! SICK!

honestly, it looks amazing. Work looks good. It is scary impressive.

Kudo's ! and I look forward to hearing and seeing more.. Pics are awesome!

My question to the little girls that are being negative.. Why? you have someone here that is taking a step to make bigger and better set up's, that will do nothing to help our platform. What exactly are you doing with your time? People that sit back and except limit's, to me, are a waste of existance and fresh air. Sell your S and buy an altima, have 2 kids, go to church every sunday, let your wife handle ALL of your money. Have her make pretty floral curtains for the kitchen windows when you are at work busting your ass, coach i girls softball team, and a boys soccer team, Buy your wife a mini van, and be boring..

To the other's, Sorry about this rant but people that act like ass's and think they know stuff just annoy me

Das General
01-10-2008, 11:44 AM
aside from the lack of cats, how would he not pass inspection..

OP...looking forward to seeing some serious numbers/dyno and track wise.

ThirdStrike
01-10-2008, 11:47 AM
[drduct]what negativity? what are you talking about?
back to topic.. if this car beats the poland s4 ill be sooo happy[:D][race]

JDM EJ1 95
01-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, that's my concern too. That's some major heat running in those pipes after a couple gears of WOT. I'd be cautious of the hood warping or paint flaking off.

Otherwise, it looks like a nice build. Looks like you've spent a fair amount of time getting things prepared.

Wont happen.. i had my turbo manifold on my honda 1/8 inch from touching the hood and it never burnt anything or warped... he will be ok.

Nice project.

AB18
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Here we go again.

Sure my 10.73 (not a record BTW) came in a gutted car, but it was also in a car that has what, 4 or 5 bolt ons? That's it. Stock motor, stock heads, stock cams, stock exhaust manifolds, stock engine management, OEM RS4 turbos, etc, etc. My main objective with the car is to go as fast as possible while spending as little money as possible while making it as reliable and consistent as possible. It's also nice having a nice broad powerband and a torque curve as flat as Kansas!

95% of the cars on this forum would also fail inspection, so does that mean they're not street cars? How many cars on this forum don't have cats? So yeah, I don't think the argument should be whether or not a car is technically "street legal" or not according to state statute, but rather is said car driven regularly on the street and not trailered all over the map? I put 15,000 street miles on my blue car in 2007 and it has never once been on a trailer. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it probably is a duck...

What it comes down to is different strokes for different folks. Some would rather have a full interior and big turbos, others would rather spend little no money to achieve the same (or better) performance in a gutted car. To me, going the lightweight route is a no brainer since you can still have little to no lag, tons of low end torque, the ability to beat most cars in 6th gear on the highway, stellar reliability and consistency, improved fuel economy, improved handling, improved braking, little to no money spent, etc, etc. These are just some of the many advantages to weight reduction that a lot of people overlook.

Gutting an S4 makes more sense these days than ever before since you can buy a complete and running S4 for well under $10,000. After you strip it and sell all the parts you don't need, you could easily wind up with a running S4 for only a couple grand. Who cares if it's gutted or not gutted, technically street legal or not street legal, etc. because at that point the car is DISPOSABLE and you only have a couple grand into it! [:D] It's very rare to have a car that you can race and always know if you go to part it out, you could at the very least make your money back. I think this is due to the fact that the S4 has a very favorable ratio when it comes to comparing the value of the car's parts vs what the car is worth as complete and running...

Marc, i fully agree. If you read my post, i said i gutted my Bt A4 aswell. And the gains are great, especialy when its free. In fact, my S4 isn't full weight, and i do take out the interior for racing, so im well aware of the gains.

dougyfresh
01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Looks good. Way to be different. I can't wait to hear how this thing runs!

1997gtx
01-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Looks great!! [up]

Please keep this on topic. Any post not directly related to the OP will be deleted.

Thanks~!
--Adam

BlueturboS4
01-10-2008, 02:20 PM
looks great!! keep up the good work!!

GURUMAN
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM
looks awesome bro ! Welcome to the GT world...

Reich
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Wish i could cross to gt world. Congrats man. Don't you think it could be hot under the hood?

ChriS4
01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
In for the build. Good progress so far!

hyperlight944
01-10-2008, 07:20 PM
hahaha i just saw your silver car outside unforgetable on my way home from autodreams lol i wondered why it had no engine ......we should hang some time im in the wpb area hbu?

Ringlord
01-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Nice setup!!!! Please keep us updated daily!!
As for everyone worried about the heat melting things under the hood, I don't think you should worry, he went this far, I don't think he would let that happen. That's just a tiny detail relative to his work so far!

MiniRS4
01-10-2008, 09:44 PM
What Throttle Body Are You Running? Oem Rs4? Lmk, Thanx And Looking Good!

MAKK
01-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Looks awesome, can't wait to see some numbers! Make sure you post a high quality video of that monster.

casawhites4
01-11-2008, 11:51 AM
how much is this kit??? i didnt think they were selling the kit to people, now im hearing of a few vast gt kits out there and people "secretly" working on them...i want to "secretly work on them"

10SecS4
01-11-2008, 12:00 PM
There's no such thing as a Vast GT kit. I believe they'll sell you the manifolds and downpipes, but you'll have to piece the rest of it together yourself. And it's a lottttttttta work.

AudiA4_20T
01-11-2008, 12:02 PM
There's no such thing as a Vast GT kit. I believe they'll sell you the manifolds and downpipes, but you'll have to piece the rest of it together yourself. And it's a lottttttttta work.

o yea? what extra work?

10SecS4
01-11-2008, 12:19 PM
o yea? what extra work?Well, you'd have to fab up a lot of stuff... the intake piping and routing of the MAF... the inlet piping... the IC piping. Then you'd have to figure out what to use for turbos and wastegates, not to mention tuning.

Das General
01-11-2008, 12:23 PM
clint, there is no way you can piece that together for under 16k. check your pms.

VelocityS4
01-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Shit, i havent seen Brian in a while either come to think of it. Last time i saw him he was pit crewing that MMI rado.. He should be driving again.. I heard he's playing with evos now through the grapevine.

You know the AR on those turbine housings of yours? .63 or smaller?
He talks about building an Evo but I dont think he ever will.
They are .64 AR

What Throttle Body Are You Running? Oem Rs4? Lmk, Thanx And Looking Good!

clint, there is no way you can piece that together for under 16k. check your pms.
Definitely not true.. take it from someone who owns a kit.

nizmosx
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by VelocityS4

i would have got you a deal on that man. =) let me knwo if you need any other edelbrock parts.

Das General
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Definitely not true.. take it from someone who owns a kit

Interesting. PM a rough cost sheet, including everything you would need to buy to run the GT kit at least a 500 wheel level. Numbers don't need to be exact, I'm just curious to see how you would go about doing it.

Quattrocket
01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
HOly hell! hope the spark plugs never need to be replaced!!!! Thats one crazy set-up man!

mike-2ptzero
01-11-2008, 02:41 PM
true true & more truth
were the headers/manifolds designed by vast?

Well in case no one else pointed it out, those look to be the ones off of mikes black car at Wicked Motorsports which he parted out.

His pic
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/USPs43.jpg

Pics of it on mikes car
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/73926/picture_192.1.jpg\
http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/73926/picture_207.jpg

lil' is 300
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
There's a reason the Vast and WMS manifolds look so identical...because they pretty much are. Mike got his from Vast since Kurt was the one who designed them.

Correct me if i'm wrong...Kurt works for Ford and helped develop the new 3.5l V6 Biturbo for Lincoln.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/07/twinforce475a.jpg

I guess the manifold set up must be junk... Ford threw hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of R&D out the window and ended up with this shitty, laggy design. [rolleyes][;)]

NYCVR6
01-11-2008, 03:05 PM
He talks about building an Evo but I dont think he ever will.
They are .64 AR

Brian usually comes through when he talks haha.. Id like to see him racing again though.
.64 T25 turbine i assume. Sounds like you are going to have a monster, good luck with the build.

Dan@JHM
01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
There's a reason the Vast and WMS manifolds look so identical...because they pretty much are. Mike got his from Vast since Kurt was the one who designed them.

Correct me if i'm wrong...Kurt works for Ford and helped develop the new 3.5l V6 Biturbo for Lincoln.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/07/twinforce475a.jpg

I guess the manifold set up must be junk... Ford threw hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of R&D out the window and ended up with this shitty, laggy design. [rolleyes][;)]

haha ya dude thats why they work like crap! [cool]

sean1.8t
01-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Well in case no one else pointed it out, those look to be the ones off of mikes black car at Wicked Motorsports which he parted out.

i wouldn't doubt that he did buy them from mike.. but on the other hand, im sure VAST doesn't make every header differently everytime. pretty sure, now this is just speculation, but pretty sure they have a jig and make every manifold to work, and look the same[;)]

but anyways, mike parted out his car? why???

Wizard-of-OD
01-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Looks great! just make sure you have a steel flywheel!

mike-2ptzero
01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
i wouldn't doubt that he did buy them from mike.. but on the other hand, im sure VAST doesn't make every header differently everytime. pretty sure, now this is just speculation, but pretty sure they have a jig and make every manifold to work, and look the same[;)]

but anyways, mike parted out his car? why???

Well seeing that his SS manifold pipes are colored pretty much screams USED.[:p]

BTW here is one of Vasts cars.
http://vastperformance.com/images/VASTbeast1_web.jpg

Daft
01-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Well seeing that his SS manifold pipes are colored pretty much screams USED.[:p]

And the reason that you're pointing this out is.......?

Haysey
01-12-2008, 04:23 AM
how would the engine bay go with handling the extra heat created by the crazy exhaust manifold all over the shop? will you be making some sort of heat shield for the pods at all to stop them sucking in that dirty hot air?

Looks insane nonetheless

mike-2ptzero
01-12-2008, 08:18 AM
And the reason that you're pointing this out is.......?

So now we cant even point out something that looks used?[confused]

Daft
01-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Mike, ever heard the saying "If can't say anything nice, say nothing at all."

Dan@JHM
01-12-2008, 09:33 AM
mike simmply's kit was a little different header design since he went with an external wastegate, all vast gt turbo kits use turbos with an internal wastegate. also mike went with a standalone system from 034 so he didnt run any intake piping or maf.

also i beleive those headers are still ceramic coated with a special polished thermal barrier

NYCVR6
01-12-2008, 09:44 AM
mike simmply's kit was a little different header design since he went with an external wastegate, all vast gt turbo kits use turbos with an internal wastegate. also mike went with a standalone system from 034 so he didnt run any intake piping or maf.

also i beleive those headers are still ceramic coated with a special polished thermal barrier

Velocity's car has external gates on it.

VelocityS4
01-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Yes this is Simpply's old turbo kit.

VelocityS4
01-12-2008, 11:20 AM
034 Standalone install is finished.
We are planning on starting the car by the end of next week.

mike-2ptzero
01-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Mike, ever heard the saying "If can't say anything nice, say nothing at all."

What was I saying that was mean? I just pointed out that it was mikes old kit since it was pretty clear mike was parting out his black car.

If you haven't noticed you are ignoring that saying right now [:p]

GURUMAN
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Did this black car that was parted out ever ran good ?

All I can find is the dyno session on youtube...

mike-2ptzero
01-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Did this black car that was parted out ever ran good ?

All I can find is the dyno session on youtube...

Mike said it ran great on the street, but it never ran good at the track. Maybe VelocityS4 will have better luck with it. Maybe the bad luck mike had to do with the "car" not what was in it, seeing that the first owners(KTR) of the car didn't have any luck either.

Daft
01-12-2008, 04:27 PM
If you haven't noticed you are ignoring that saying right now [:p]

Please explain. I'm not seeing the link at all.[confused]

By warning you about trolling, I am being impolite?

The bottom line is that although he has a used part on his car, I do not see him posting that it was new or his own design. You felt that it was important to indicate the condition of his headers. No less following it with a tongue sticking out. Actually, very similar to the icon following your statement to me. [;)]

esss_pho
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
USP FTW...

that is all

:)

Brien H
01-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Looking forward to seeing this thing run. Nice build so far.

EUROTEK//S4
01-25-2008, 01:10 PM
is it hard to get tuning for gt28's ?

s2the4
01-25-2008, 02:17 PM
that's a nice race car you have

generationjdm
01-25-2008, 05:18 PM
is it hard to get tuning for gt28's ?Actually with all the new software thats out now it's pretty much the same as anything else to tune.. Vast is a good option they have a healthy running gt car, ssp has a really smooth running gt car also.

flips4
01-26-2008, 04:12 AM
which 034 motorsports stand alone are you using? Can you link to it?

mike-2ptzero
01-26-2008, 08:49 AM
which 034 motorsports stand alone are you using? Can you link to it?

From the main post on this thread.

Engine Management 034 Stage IIc

link to the 034 stage IIc (http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_46&products_id=38)

AudiA4_20T
02-27-2008, 10:48 AM
bump for status

casawhites4
02-27-2008, 11:19 AM
agree

esss_pho
02-27-2008, 11:48 AM
well i have a lil info on the s4...hopefully jeff can chime in

it was at the sfgtg but i dunno as far as if it is tuned or not

SilverSurferS4
02-27-2008, 02:46 PM
yea man, whats going on with this set up... is it running?

momento1
02-27-2008, 06:21 PM
i guess one very good way of keeping the temps down in the engine bay is to wrap those beautiful exhaust manifolds in thermo wrap (or heat wrap)

should work a treat for performance also...

my 2 cents [:D]

ps. loving this thread... and would love an update??

Alex@VAG
02-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Hardcore[up]

I can't wait for you to try the stage 4. We use them on 2554 cars but on bigger turbos we run their twindisc, if the stage 4 hold the power taht would be awesome though! The stage 4 is priced right, super smooth engagement and pedal and clutchmasters service is way up there, lookigin foward to see your finds.[wrench]

Bimmer2Audi
02-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Thats so insane. Keep us updated!

Gregg@USP
03-07-2008, 08:33 PM
A little update for you guys. The car is up and running, everything is done on the car minus the little things like misc. heat shields, downpipe back exhaust, and a full tune. We had a lot of work left to do on the car around the time of the SFL GTG, but we wanted to have it there. Since then we made twin cold air intakes, new intercooler piping, and changed the coolant system around a little, and other changes. I finally got the entire cluster to work with the 034efi too. We took the car out tonight and did some street tuning at 14psi, and the car takes off at about 4500rpms. I will post up pictures as soon as i host them.

ToMMyRsK04
03-07-2008, 10:29 PM
not the biggest fan of 034 Standalone but GL and hope it works out well [up]

Das General
03-07-2008, 11:22 PM
you got the stock gauge cluster to work with the standalone? that is sweet, I always assumed that would have to get ditched.

sean1.8t
03-08-2008, 07:05 AM
^034 SEM retains all the factory guages you want. it's almost like a piggyback system buy you can use it without the factory ECU entirely. this is with a few SEM systems available for audi's

JMTx86
03-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Cant wait till see what this thing does at the track

nvrfollow
03-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Fuck yea! hope to see a video soon

Gregg@USP
03-10-2008, 02:02 PM
here are the pics, we are going to start tuning the car tonight on the dyno so results will follow shortly.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0715.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0712-1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0707.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0713.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0716.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0717-1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0720-1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0722.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0726.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0727.jpg

AMC
03-10-2008, 02:17 PM
^wow!

2001S4NY
03-10-2008, 02:17 PM
looking good always wanted to run a FMIC like that

cjk
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Lookin good!

Nice to see the relocation of the dual intakes/filters :)

GURUMAN
03-10-2008, 04:43 PM
I'M FUC&N JALEOUS BRO!

Looks awesome

revhards4
03-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Jesus! Great job...100% identical to what I was dreaming up to put together. Only difference would be the GEN-X kit...great job guys![up]

MiniRS4
03-10-2008, 04:59 PM
ooo la la!

Ringlord
03-10-2008, 08:53 PM
All I can say is WOW. Beautiful work! It's really rare to see an S4 at this level.
One question, what size is the accessory belt? I don't want to have to measure :)
tia!

generationjdm
03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
here are the pics, we are going to start tuning the car tonight on the dyno so results will follow shortly.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0715.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0712-1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0707.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0713.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0716.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0717-1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0720-1.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0722.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0726.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/galper1/jeff%20s4/DSC_0727.jpgJust curious why you guys didn't mount the BOV right off the end tank on the ic or right after it in the bumper, this would of saved some cutting on the car?

SilverSurferS4
03-10-2008, 09:00 PM
[hail]The car looks sick!

dangalak
03-10-2008, 09:10 PM
just a guess but maybe they wanted it near the throttle body cause it does a better job of keeping the t.b. in one peice. just a guess

S-Power
03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/amg_018/TURBOPOWER-1.jpg

generationjdm
03-10-2008, 09:29 PM
You can mount the bov in several spot email Tial who makes the BOV and see what they say I've already spoke to them about this a while back. Companies sell end tanks with the flange built on them.. theres 6 feet of pipe it could of went on with no harm thats the only reason I asked it could also go on either side of the charge pipe by the way..... Keeping the tb in 1 piece like it would explode... http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/9485/beard04cobrarfwithoutcoff7.th.jpg (http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beard04cobrarfwithoutcoff7.jpg)

sean1.8t
03-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Just curious why you guys didn't mount the BOV right off the end tank on the ic or right after it in the bumper, this would of saved some cutting on the car?

just curious. why must you quote all 24 pictures just to ask that question???

generationjdm
03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Actually only 10 pics i didnt feel like coping the 1 image that showed the bov, and i fugured it would upset you.haha

sean1.8t
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
well you were right, you bastard!!!!

sean1.8t
03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
oh, and i had a question for anyone that knows.. can you remove those manifolds without removing the engine? looks like it would be tight, but doable.. and what about the turbo's?

Wizard-of-OD
03-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Nice throttle body set up ;)
Cant wait to see the results!

lrg8683
03-11-2008, 04:35 AM
how thick is your intercooler core?

Gregg@USP
03-11-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't remember which belt it is, I just went to the local auto parts store and bought a few different belts.

we choose to mount the bov in that position purely for looks, the cutting does not bother us especially with the other crazy things we had to do to make this setup work.

There is no way you can remove a turbo, manifold, downpipe, or even a clutch without dropping the whole motor and tranny assembly. It is a PITA to work on anything especially since the turbo braces mount to the motor/tranny bolts.

I believe the core is 3" or 3.5" thick, we may have to make a taller one but we will see how much power this one supports.

Also we started to tune the car last night and broke the 500whp barrier very quickly. We had to call it quits early because the local neighbors didn't appreciate the noise at night. This car is super loud so we will probally go back onto the dyno this afternoon to shatter the 600whp barrier. I will post dyno sheets later tonight.

Ringlord
03-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks for taking the time to answer! Good luck on the tuning, not that you'll need it...

Wizard-of-OD
03-11-2008, 09:36 AM
There is no way you can remove a turbo, manifold, downpipe, or even a clutch without dropping the whole motor and tranny assembly. It is a PITA to work on anything especially since the turbo braces mount to the motor/tranny bolts
Makes Chris's Jetta engine look very nice right about now[;)]

silky
03-12-2008, 02:45 PM
"HOLY HELL" [:D]

take down the plate, get the video camera ready for you tube!!

cause another GT car is coming!!!

keep it on the road man. dont launch into a semi.. [:(]

those florida cops dont play. make your donation or become sbdys cousin if your not already.

cjk
03-12-2008, 03:03 PM
[:D]any more dyno updates??

Neversummer
03-12-2008, 04:35 PM
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/amg_018/TURBOPOWER-1.jpg

"$4 FROM HELL" Nice...... I wish there were vidz on this one as well.

Frank@AutoSpeed
03-12-2008, 05:20 PM
"$4 FROM HELL" Nice...... I wish there were vidz on this one as well.

That car is where the saying "All show, no go" came from

GURUMAN
03-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Will a walbro 255 push enough fuel for 600whp.

If not, you ad on in the line ?

Frank@AutoSpeed
03-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Will a walbro 255 push enough fuel for 600whp.

If not, you ad on in the line ?

I would say a bosch 044 at a minimum, two walbros would work as well

GURUMAN
03-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm leaning more towards a 034 fuel system at the moment.

Might need your help buddy[:D]

ToMMyRsK04
03-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I wouldnt go with two walbros but one walbro for 600whp would be fine

Leester
03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey looking great, thanks for sharing the pictures. You mentioned you were going with a Clutchmaster stage 4 with stock flywheel. I was under the impression that you could only use lightweight flywheel with that particular clutch? I have this same clutch setup with their lightweight flywheel, I never tried mounting it up to the factory dual mass. Did you have to modify it, or did you end up going a different route?

generationjdm
03-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Actually you should use a steel flywheel with the cm stage 4 thats what they say, plus they wont warranty there stage 4 if you use the aluminum wheel I guess they say ceramic and the aluminum aren't friends[:)]

sean1.8t
03-15-2008, 09:03 PM
isn't an aluminum flywheel what killed Simmply's car? AKA, the car that this turbo kit came off of

SilverSurferS4
03-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Any dyno updates with this car?

Europowerhaus
03-15-2008, 10:34 PM
one walbro is not gonna support 600whp, maybe 600 crank, bosch is the hot setup anyway

Das General
03-16-2008, 10:57 AM
well the fuel pump is based more on the amount of boost, as opposed to the actual hp number...

if he is running some seriously high boost then 1 walbro most likely won't cut it. and i don't see a reason why he wouldn't a fairly high level of boost.

lil' is 300
03-16-2008, 11:08 AM
well the fuel pump is based more on the amount of boost, as opposed to the actual hp number...

So you're saying a stock fuel pump can support both K04's running 25 psi and GT28RS's running 25 psi?

I don't think it has anything to do with PSI, it has to do with the volume and density of the air. Even though both turbos are making the same boost pressure, a larger turbo in general has cooler/denser air and more CFM which results in a requirment for more fuel. It's based on air flow not psi... (which correlates to how much fuel to be mixed).

generationjdm
03-16-2008, 11:19 AM

if he is running some seriously high boost then 1 walbro most likely won't cut it. and i don't see a reason why he wouldn't a fairly high level of boost.the pump has nothing to do with boost,for example gt2860rs will roughly make the same hp or more at 16-18psi then a k04 will at 25lbs. people forget about the stock 4 bar Fpr there running when deciding a fuel pump, this is a factor in picking the right pump..

BastardS4
03-16-2008, 11:21 AM
PSI comes into play only in absolute fuel rail pressure. IE the fuel rail pressure has to increase in a linear fashion with boost pressure. Typically, as fuel pressure increases, the amount of fuel the pump can deliver, drops.

Boost pressure + base fuel rail pressure

generationjdm
03-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Correct, Bastard said it better. Maintaining rail pressure with the 4 bar and the walbro at roughly 600chp seems to be a problem, this is why the 034 pump is a much better choice

Boris
03-16-2008, 11:47 AM
If I only go .3 faster then my last setup I will personally drive the car into a lake. Rest assured, I dont want to do that.. so look forward to some benchmark 1/4 mile times.

I believe you willdefinately run a good wallop faster. Seems like 10 seconds should be consistently available to you with this setup,,, this seems similar to asp's car, except they had their displacement increased i think, did they? And i remember asps car, didnt they run 11 seconds even after blowing third gear at waterfest and then cruising the last gear.. regardless. I look forward to you hitting the track, any videos yet? great work, thanks for sharing

Das General
03-16-2008, 12:50 PM
well the reason I was basing it on boost was because of the amount of airflow needed...airflow would be a better way of putting, instead of boost.

generationjdm
03-16-2008, 01:15 PM
well the reason I was basing it on boost was because of the amount of airflow needed...airflow would be a better way of putting, instead of boost.Right, but theres turbos that flow/move more air @ 12lbs then any pair of k04 at 25+lbs is all we where saying...

Das General
03-16-2008, 02:50 PM
also true, but don't manufacturers of fp's rate their products in amount of sustainable psi...?

generationjdm
03-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Rail pressure not boost

Das General
03-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Rail pressure not boost

ahhh that actually makes a lot more sense. thanks boss.

ToMMyRsK04
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
So you're saying a stock fuel pump can support both K04's running 25 psi and GT28RS's running 25 psi?

I don't think it has anything to do with PSI, it has to do with the volume and density of the air. Even though both turbos are making the same boost pressure, a larger turbo in general has cooler/denser air and more CFM which results in a requirment for more fuel. It's based on air flow not psi... (which correlates to how much fuel to be mixed).

x2

solowb5
03-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Bump to see some graphs/number. Oh and vids if possible

Chris Green
03-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Makes Chris's Jetta engine look very nice right about now[;)]

LOL, who gave you the heads up...i am on the egde of doing it.

hey guys sorry for the delay on videos and numbers.
I have only had it on my dyno that one night Gregg was talking about, the car made 575@23psi on like the 4th pull with out even breaking a sweet, but like he said it was way to loud after i built a 4" aluminum full exhaust system (my favorite part of the whole car) I was only running the car to 7500 its needs more like 8500 to have a nice power band, just trying to figure something else out right now. I will have the car back on the dyno in about 2 weeks I am just talking a break from it right now I spent the last 2 months working on this car very late at night.

Any questions you guys have feel free to ask

Chris Green

lil' is 300
03-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Not a bad start. Shoot some vids next time it's on the dyno. [:d]

Europowerhaus
03-30-2008, 09:05 PM
how the 034 management working for you?

goohead
03-30-2008, 09:13 PM
question for the builder i see you guys took out the fan that ran off serp belt what did you guys use to cover the hole?

BlackS4TT(Josh)
03-30-2008, 09:26 PM
question for the builder i see you guys took out the fan that ran off serp belt what did you guys use to cover the hole?

The car had a VAST EFK on it. The VAST kit comes with a cover that is riveted in place to fill the void.

*Edit*: Clarification... the car had a VAST EFK installed a couple years ago. Doesnt look, from the pics, like the cover is there anymore.

jaybquick@JHM
03-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Nice project man, Mike @ VAST told me about your car. We might get our VAST GT Kit done one of these days. Kind of on the back burner due to other stuff.

Looking forward to your results.

NYCVR6
03-31-2008, 05:11 AM
LOL, who gave you the heads up...i am on the egde of doing it.

hey guys sorry for the delay on videos and numbers.
I have only had it on my dyno that one night Gregg was talking about, the car made 575@23psi on like the 4th pull with out even breaking a sweet, but like he said it was way to loud after i built a 4" aluminum full exhaust system (my favorite part of the whole car) I was only running the car to 7500 its needs more like 8500 to have a nice power band, just trying to figure something else out right now. I will have the car back on the dyno in about 2 weeks I am just talking a break from it right now I spent the last 2 months working on this car very late at night.

Any questions you guys have feel free to ask

Chris Green

What's up Chris? Long time no see... That evo you have is a beast, id like to see it in person. Any plans to hit tracks up north this season? [up]

stevea6/z28
03-31-2008, 09:08 AM
That's a nasty set up just need to move air filters since that is the worst spot for them.Have them go out towards back of headlights.Sick shit.

Dimcorner
03-31-2008, 04:49 PM
man...
How would you change spark plugs in that thing?

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
man...
How would you change spark plugs in that thing?

they already talked about the tool that they'll use to change em'

What I dont get is why would you go through all that and make manifolds that wrap around, which is a waste of like 3 feet of piping from the block to the turbos when you could of just left it alone with ASP manifolds or a custom setup and easily made over 600whp with a bolt on kit .. does the engine bay look cool now ? Yeah .. is this setup that your doing now effective? I dont think so .. now the cars only making 575whp which they claim with a whole bunch of problems .. not knocking it .. just dont think the manifolds being that length are helping you out much

sean1.8t
03-31-2008, 05:22 PM

What I dont get is why would you go through all that and make manifolds that wrap around, which is a waste of like 3 feet of piping from the block to the turbos when you could of just left it alone with ASP manifolds or a custom setup and easily made over 600whp with a bolt on kit .. does the engine bay look cool now ? Yeah .. is this setup that your doing now effective? I dont think so .. now the cars only making 575whp which they claim with a whole bunch of problems

and the design of the manifolds has already been talked about also. read.

and that's 575Awhp on only 23psi. that is HUGE! add timing, and up the boost to 35psi and they'll probably be over 700Awhp[eek]

NYCVR6
03-31-2008, 05:26 PM

What I dont get is why would you go through all that and make manifolds that wrap around, which is a waste of like 3 feet of piping from the block to the turbos when you could of just left it alone with ASP manifolds or a custom setup and easily made over 600whp with a bolt on kit .. does the engine bay look cool now ? Yeah .. is this setup that your doing now effective? I dont think so .. now the cars only making 575whp which they claim with a whole bunch of problems .. not knocking it .. just dont think the manifolds being that length are helping you out much

There is actually a lot of r&d into vasts manifolds, and id bet they work as well if not better than any other manifolds around. Vast is definitely not about "looking cool".. Wait until you guys are in the process of tuning and shit, problems will arise i guarantee ... It's easy to dream up power goals, its another thing to reach them, good thing you got good dudes building your car too... If you dont think these guys know what theyre doing, as Chris about Chris Green, i have no doubt he will get shit done on this car and it will make power.

Europowerhaus
03-31-2008, 05:41 PM
the manifolds are equal length for a reason...RSKO4, you knock everything and then back it up by saying im not knocking it...good cover up...learn about the physics of making a tuned manifold then talk, ask mike@vast..

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 06:41 PM
There is actually a lot of r&d into vasts manifolds, and id bet they work as well if not better than any other manifolds around. Vast is definitely not about "looking cool".. Wait until you guys are in the process of tuning and shit, problems will arise i guarantee ... It's easy to dream up power goals, its another thing to reach them, good thing you got good dudes building your car too... If you dont think these guys know what theyre doing, as Chris about Chris Green, i have no doubt he will get shit done on this car and it will make power.

I've already talked to Chris about Chris Green and I'll just leave it at that, not a great conversation .. also heard something about the car that Chris Green is doing now blew up a few times as well not in his hands .. and the manifolds looking good I meant the ones that are on this car that wrap around

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 06:44 PM
the manifolds are equal length for a reason...RSKO4, you knock everything and then back it up by saying im not knocking it...good cover up...learn about the physics of making a tuned manifold then talk, ask mike@vast..

No .. I'm not knocking it .. theres always two sides to a story and reasons why .. I dont need to talk to anyone at any shop I'm not covering up anything I know a lot more about this car then you do and whats going on with it, only thing you know is whats being said on this thread so relax buddy ..

sean1.8t
03-31-2008, 07:09 PM
I know a lot more about this car then you do and whats going on with it

then why do you keep asking questions?

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
then why do you keep asking questions?

I was referring to "europwr" but I was only asking a few things I wasnt 100% about and you answered em' - thank you .. just wasnt sure why someone would go this route and make things a little complicated .. when a OTS GT28 kit can make 650+whp and you said you'll be making a little over 700whp .. is it really worth everything your doing for another 50-75 extra WHP ? Its just an honest question like I said I wasnt knocking ANYONE

generationjdm
03-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Who on this thread has ever built a manifold or header? If anyone thinks you'll pick up 75whp from a equal lenght manifold verse one thats not on the S4 needs to see a doctor, the gains if any would be marginal at best... Theres not 1 truly tuned S4 manifold anywhere, if so please post 1 up.. Someone please send me 1 equal lenght S4 manifold I will personally pay to have it flowed verse a regular design... Where not building F1 cars where every last ounce means something... Theres to many engineers and not enough techincal engineers out there thats the problem.haha..... If you ever buy 1 or build one build/buy it because you like nice stuff and wish to be different not because you think you will make loads of power over other designs...

All Booost
03-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Did Jeff's car make a pass at the strip yet or what? [race]

GURUMAN
03-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but equal lenght shit is maybe more relevant in a high rpm efficient atmo engine...

Not in boost fed monster

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 09:24 PM
All I'm saying is why would someone go that route to produce an extra 50-75 more whp and go through ALL of these problems when you can take an off the shelf kit that should put down 600+whp bolted on and close to 700whp with a really good tune ? A lot of you dont know what that cars been through to only see 575whp at 23psi thats why I stress the fact

I would understand if you did all this to make over, lets say 750-800whp but if all that work is only going to give you between 600-675whp I dont think it was worth it

generationjdm
03-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Guru your correct... Tommy you will and can make the same whp with just about any of todays manis probably within 10-20whp which on a 800hp car is not noticed at all... but i do understand what your saying... The way the power comes on will play a bigger role then the hp it self with the different manis

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 09:46 PM
^^ thank you

Europowerhaus
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
wow, why dont we all just put the same crap on our cars and be exactly the same, this is why we use the word "custom" and "original" (keep it original!) thats the fun of this crap in the first place....what exactly did the Vast car go thru...since you seem to be so "in touch" with everyones project...wow, what USP did...its awesome, i did it to in my own version thru the past year, great, thats called being original, make sure your bills are payed at the shop thats doing your car man, pick up a wrench...
Genjdm, you know equal length has plenty to do with the exhaust pulses that come out of the comb. chambers to hit your primaries, also, how are you testing your collectors, leaf blower? just wondering, because you called yourself a "garage hack" before and I haven't scene anything cheap to measure air flow with? Im sure your manifolds are great but you should get an advertizing account already, I used schedule 10 to weld hand rails around our food facility mixing tanks, its so easy to throw a great bead around there...I should just buy up manis and copy them in sch. 10 then right, come on.

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Dont hate because I can pay for my setup in cash to be built buddy seriously I dont need to get my hands dirty .. its a hobby to me - not life - I'm a contractor my hands get dirty .. you need to get over yourself and if your talking about being ORIGINAL this thread about this car ISNT ORIGINAL .. Wicked Motorsports had basically the same setup in their own car

Europowerhaus
03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
im hating cause your sooo rich, ur right, im hating...hehe, ok yes it is original...just because wicked sold manis and other bullish doesnt mean there aren't differences in this car, give other people credit and voice your opinion when you have knowledge to back it up, im done with this crap...im gonna listen to what other intelligent people can say...im not saying you dumb, im just saying that your not smart...sounds familiar?

generationjdm
03-31-2008, 10:18 PM
wow, why dont we all just put the same crap on our cars and be exactly the same, this is why we use the word "custom" and "original" (keep it original!) thats the fun of this crap in the first place....what exactly did the Vast car go thru...since you seem to be so "in touch" with everyones project...wow, what USP did...its awesome, i did it to in my own version thru the past year, great, thats called being original, make sure your bills are payed at the shop thats doing your car man, pick up a wrench...
Genjdm, you know equal length has plenty to do with the exhaust pulses that come out of the comb. chambers to hit your primaries, also, how are you testing your collectors, leaf blower? just wondering, because you called yourself a "garage hack" before and I haven't scene anything cheap to measure air flow with? Im sure your manifolds are great but you should get an advertizing account already, I used schedule 10 to weld hand rails around our food facility mixing tanks, its so easy to throw a great bead around there...I should just buy up manis and copy them in sch. 10 then right, come on.

Please show us all how easy it is to weld them proper.. thats funny your pissed off because just today I told you I wouldn't sell you manifolds, what a hypocrite you are...

If it's so simple why haven't we seen any pics of any decent ones yet, so I guess the flawless welds on the 16 gauge material on the dps r simple to? You have zero clue on what your talking about and you wouldn't no schedule 10 if you pulled the pipe from your ass... We wait for a windy day to test the manifolds, maybe you didn't read where I wrote that i would PAY to HAVE them FLOWED....

Write Anthony a letter and maybe you could get me the advertising spot because I've been trying for 8 months...

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 10:19 PM
No one said anything about being rich but dont say for me to go pick up a wrench .. that has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about so if you have a personal problem with me I'm sure we can talk that out .. I work all day .. last thing I'm thinking about is going to the shop and working on my car .. I pay to get shit done .. whats the problem ?? It's really not my fault you work at a shipping company and have all the time in the world to spend time working on your car .. I couldnt care less .. I have far more important things to worry about than you telling me I need to work on my own car buddy

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Please show us all how easy it is to weld them proper.. thats funny your pissed off because just today I told you I wouldn't sell you manifolds, what a hypocrite you are... If it's so simple why haven't we seen any pics of any decent ones yet, so I guess the flawless welds on the 16 gauge material on the dps r simple to? You have zero clue on what your talking about and you wouldn't no schedule 10 if you pulled the pipe from your ass...

x2 .. this guys a moron .. I'm not saying your a moron .. I'm saying your fking retarted ** sound familiar ?

generationjdm
03-31-2008, 10:26 PM

Please show us all how easy it is to weld them proper because the average welder has zero chance of getting it right.. Thats funny you sound pissed off because just today I told you I wouldn't sell you just manifolds, what a hypocrite you are... It's funny how your trying to imply that my stuff is simply made by just a bunch of average guys walking around a welder... Your right we got lucky to achieve this quality, dam I hope we can do it again..

If it's so simple why haven't we seen any pics of any decent ones yet? So I guess the flawless welds on the 16 gauge material on the dps r simple to? You have zero clue on what your talking about theres more to welding then just a pretty weld. It's funny how you took a comment from Mark at asp about the schedule 10 stuff and tried to make it yours...I guess you couldn't tell sarcasm about the hack in the garage thing.haha

NYCVR6
03-31-2008, 10:41 PM
I work all day, and build my own cars. [:D][:p]

Europowerhaus
03-31-2008, 10:42 PM
I really dont want your manifolds esp. b/c they are sch. 10, i "know" sch. 10, its a hair under 1/8" wall, without looking it up, prolly .120 wall? like I said, your manis are probably great but why aren't they 16 guage "flawless welds" for the manis as well...im not a hypocrite, i wanted to know your prices, im not clueless about the fact that the turbos have to be prepared (welded gates, lines, yaddi yadda,) ASP manis are 16 gauge, people have said that these manis are fine and have only cracked for "other than usual reasons" which is understandable, go out on a limb...try it, if they crack then you will answer your own question...ouch, that sch.10 is still stuck in my a$$..these convos are over..i dont want to block up this nice thread anymore, excuse me guys for my rudeness...continue on

Europowerhaus
03-31-2008, 10:45 PM
its possible to work alllll day and build, (I dont work at a shipping department...and dont put my personal shit on this site either and I wont yours...) greater things have been done...trying to keep this civil men..im not your buddy

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 10:48 PM

I heard you have a " little helper " doing all your work over there loll but hes on vacation now ?? [:D][:D] [up][up]

generationjdm
03-31-2008, 10:50 PM
I really dont want your manifolds esp. b/c they are sch. 10, i "know" sch. 10, its a hair under 1/8" wall, without looking it up, prolly .120 wall? like I said, your manis are probably great but why aren't they 16 guage "flawless welds" for the manis as well...im not a hypocrite, i wanted to know your prices, im not clueless about the fact that the turbos have to be prepared (welded gates, lines, yaddi yadda,) ASP manis are 16 gauge, people have said that these manis are fine and have only cracked for "other than usual reasons" which is understandable, go out on a limb...try it, if they crack then you will answer your own question...ouch, that sch.10 is still stuck in my a$$..these convos are over..i dont want to block up this nice thread anymore, excuse me guys for my rudeness...continue onI would never build them from 16 gauges, i would love to because it would save me about 750.00 a set and be complete twice as fast.. Have you seen what happens to 16 gauge when it gets really hot, it moves all over the place.. The blame of the manis cracking was put on the customers for launching the cars hard[headbang]...I have some lovely pics of someones GT manis busted in half no thanks on the 16 gauge.. I personally think it's better to make them over kill then to take the chance of yanking the motor to change a busted manifold.. Yes your correct there .120 wall

2001S4NY
03-31-2008, 10:50 PM
I heard you have a " little helper " doing all your work over there loll but hes on vacation now ?? [:D][:D] [up][up]

yes he made it clear before he has a free little helper that is his friend that helps him, which i don't see a problem with it. I know Justin gets just as dirty doing work as anyone who works on their cars.

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 10:51 PM
its possible to work alllll day and build, (I dont work at a shipping department...and dont put my personal shit on this site either and I wont yours...) greater things have been done...trying to keep this civil men..im not your buddy

I thought you were done talking ???? but if I have the extra cash why should I stress myself about building my car on top of everything else I'm doing ? Its really not that serious and trust me I wasnt calling you my buddy

lil' is 300
03-31-2008, 10:52 PM

Wanna build mine? [:p]

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 10:53 PM
yes he made it clear before he has a free little helper that is his friend that helps him, which i don't see a problem with it. I know Justin gets just as dirty doing work as anyone who works on their cars.

I dont see a problem either [up] but just because I dont work on my car does that change anything about my car or myself ?

2001S4NY
03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
I dont see a problem either [up] but just because I dont work on my car does that change anything about my car or myself ?

not really, other then being less knowledgeable on the engine itself

ToMMyRsK04
03-31-2008, 11:00 PM
not really, other then being less knowledgeable on the engine itself

thats why we have mechanics [up] but if you need a house built let me know [:D]

2001S4NY
03-31-2008, 11:07 PM

[:D][up]

NYCVR6
04-01-2008, 02:27 AM

[up] Likewise, ive seen Greg getting filthy under cars till all hours of the night.

NYCVR6
04-01-2008, 02:28 AM

House? We build 15 story buildings by day, S4's by night. Houses are childs play. [:D][:p]

NYCVR6
04-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Wanna build mine? [:p]

No, but your project looks pretty sick. [:D][up]

AudiSportB5S4
04-01-2008, 04:30 AM
[up] Likewise, ive seen Greg getting filthy under cars till all hours of the night.

greg loves working on my car [>_<]. as long as i bring him a 50 cent vitamin water greg goes right at it. LOL [hail]

revhards4
04-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Wow! Alot of bickering in here!?!?!?! Everyone needs to grow the F#CK up! Everyone seems to have an opinion or know more then the next guy. So everyone lets take 5 and change our tampons:)

pdq 5oh
04-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Some things no one has mentioned re: a lightweight car. There are 3 major benefits. One: It's like free HP. 100#=.1 Two: It's easier on parts. Namely drivetrain and suspension Three: It's safer. It's much easier to control a light car should you get out of shape. They also stop faster.

As to equal length runners. To a point they're beneficial. At some point, due to bends and length, they can impede airflow. Diminishing return. This is especially true with small motors moving less air. The turbos will overcome much, but not all, of this.

BTW, that motor does look bad ass. [;)]

blackbenzz
04-30-2008, 11:14 AM
So what happened with this car? [confused]

AMC
04-30-2008, 11:16 AM
yea seriously wtf lol

prjct2000s4
04-30-2008, 12:23 PM
can u guys post some dyno sheets...or at least photo shop them, so I feel like i didnt waist the last 30 minutes of my life reading through all the arguing to get to the end of another abandoned thread.

revhards4
04-30-2008, 09:43 PM
the best part of this whole thread is the first post at the very bottom where it says "Enjoy your record while it lasts Marc!" hehe

Europowerhaus
04-30-2008, 10:12 PM
that guy doesnt own the car anymore, right? wow...cheesy

sean1.8t
05-01-2008, 12:19 AM
^what "that guy" are you referring to?

VelocityS4
05-01-2008, 07:57 AM
http://uspmotorsports.com/GT28S4.php

The car is done and made 575 on 23 psi but is REAL laggy.. car either has a bad motor or bad turbo. The project was transfered to the owner of the shop I work for, and its on the back burner now. Probablly going to end up with a VR in it.

revhards4
05-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't understand why people go with the 2871's??? Do people actually plot these compressor maps or just go with the biggest turbo that will fit and they think it'l be fast? Disco potato is plenty

dougyfresh
05-01-2008, 08:30 AM
http://uspmotorsports.com/GT28S4.php

The car is done and made 575 on 23 psi but is REAL laggy.. car either has a bad motor or bad turbo. The project was transfered to the owner of the shop I work for, and its on the back burner now. Probablly going to end up with a VR in it.

Why would you say bad motor? Was the motor not broken in properly?

AMC
05-01-2008, 10:18 AM
now does that mean u sold it to the shop owner?

Europowerhaus
05-01-2008, 10:27 AM
those turbos may be "laggy" for some but not all :) there are so many ways to conteract that, that is, before the complete motor is built, but 2871's are a nice choice for a high revving 2.7s that can feed the turbos what they need

VelocityS4
05-01-2008, 11:52 AM
those turbos may be "laggy" for some but not all :) there are so many ways to conteract that, that is, before the complete motor is built, but 2871's are a nice choice for a high revving 2.7s that can feed the turbos what they need

It doesnt see 23psi until about 6k and the car revs to 8.. thats laggy to anyone. It falls out of boost on the 2-3 shift.. thats not going to make a very good 1/4 mile time, or beat many fast cars.

Das General
05-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Rev that sucker up to 8.5k

Skydive@AI
05-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I gotta say...

My TiAL GT28RS "R650" Turbos make one BAR by a little more than 3200-3300 RPM, and build to full boost ("beta" tuned to 24ish PSI, but capable of better than 32 PSI), not much later... Best of all, they bolt on to stock manifolds.

...now if I could just build a transmission that would hold the power. Hmmph!

I realize that the USP car is built by different means, to a different end, but it sounds like someone built the car for peak horsepower, and forgot that the area under the curve is what makes a heavy car fast...

I kind of feel sorry for the person that poured all the money into this beast. It sounds like a case of "bring more wallet". I've been there too:

1. Custom Tuned ME7 ECM (CT Base Code)
2. Level10 Automanual Transmission w/PTC Torque Converter *Shit The Bed*
3. VAST Transmission Control Code
4. 18x8.5 TRMotorsport MT1 Wheels in 255x40x18 Street Rubber
5. Stasis/OhlinsMotorsport Suspension (700/800)
6. Hotchkis Front and Rear Swaybars
7. Stasis/Alcon 14” Tracksport Brakes
8. AMS Ported, Polished, Valved Cylinder Heads
9. X-1/AEM Dryflow Intake
10. RS4 Intake Cams
11. RS4 Pistons
12. Cunningham I-Beam Rods
13. Edge Racing Intercoolers
14. APR BiPipe
15. APR R1 Diverter Valves
16. RS4 Y Pipe
17. AMS Poly Snub Mount
18. ASP Motormounts
19. ASP DTS
20. Aquamist 2D Charge Air Cooling System
21. TiAL-Bravo GT28 R650 Ball Bearing Turbochargers
22. Milltek Downpipes
23. AWE Twin2 Exhaust System
24. TiAL-Bravo Mass Airflow Sensor Housing
25. Siemens 60lb. Fuel Injectors
26. RS4 Fuel Pump
27. RS4 Interior
28. RNS-E Navigation System
29. ADR Valentine One Radar Detector Integration
30. APR/PLX Boost/AFR Gauge
31. RS4 Front Bumper

Obviously, this car was built with something else in mind, as it will remain my daily driver. (I'm going to pull the S4 badges, add 2.8 badges, and a "Baby On Board" sign for that sleeper appeal on this Avant.)

I can totally identify with the let down factor. After all of the time and money invested into this car, (mind you I went through multiple sets of various K04 variants first), I got to shake it down for an entire two weeks before the Level10 Transmission, (which turns out to be a scam), owned itself.

I've acquired an RS6 transmission and rear end. This is our next move. If anyone has a line on an RS6 TCU, please speak up. I can't find one anywhere.

damnthemansam
05-01-2008, 01:08 PM
^^ why not go manual?

sean1.8t
05-01-2008, 01:23 PM
It doesnt see 23psi until about 6k and the car revs to 8.. thats laggy to anyone. It falls out of boost on the 2-3 shift.. thats not going to make a very good 1/4 mile time, or beat many fast cars.

there has to be something wrong.

what did Simply's car do as far as boost threshold? im sure it didn't take that long to hit ~23psi.

6k is just crazy!

okkim
05-01-2008, 01:28 PM
What these "TiAL GT28RS "R650" Turbos" exactly are? I can't find any specs from the Tials web-page.

How much does these cost, and where can I buy those?

Skydive@AI
05-01-2008, 01:33 PM
^^ why not go manual?

Unfortunately, I have steel in both legs following skydiving accidents. Ultimately, I may end up with a dog box... but I want a street car, so straight cut gears and $15,000 is probably not a good idea.

lil' is 300
05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately, I have steel in both legs following skydiving accidents. Ultimately, I may end up with a dog box... but I want a street car, so straight cut gears and $15,000 is probably not a good idea.

RS6 tranny is not your answer. Those things fail all the time on chipped RS6's...and you are going to be pushing more power than a chipped RS6, that's for sure. That tranny has always been the weak link in those cars... Just look at the Champion Racing RS6 - they didn't run the auto tranny for good reason. iirc, they actually swapped in S4 6-Speed with custom adapter plate.

Skydive@AI
05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
What these "TiAL GT28RS "R650" Turbos" exactly are? I can't find any specs from the Tials web-page.

How much does these cost, and where can I buy those?

The TiAL R650s are custom designed ball bearing GT28RS turbos now being offered by TiAL in conjunction with their designer, Jonathan Cohen, of Aviva Instruments. (You can find him on Audiworld as Johnny Bravo.)

They are 100% B5 S4 bolt on, and include an array of top quality custom hardware, plumbing, fittings, and gaskets.

These turbos are of course ball bearing equipped, and use a custom compressor wheel made by TiAL, rather than from the Garrett parts bin. With a .50 A/R, the envelope makes them capable of something like 37 PSI within their efficiency range.

Retail for this kit is $5800. You'll need to add fueling components, though Aviva markets this as well. Tuning options are growing. Mine is custom tuned by Chris Tapp, but kits are now in the hands of other popular tuners, so you'll be able to choose.

Blueskies,
-Michael

lil' is 300
05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
What were your numbers after Tapp tuned?

Skydive@AI
05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
RS6 tranny is not your answer. Those things fail all the time on chipped RS6's...and you are going to be pushing more power than a chipped RS6, that's for sure. That tranny has always been the weak link in those cars... Just look at the Champion Racing RS6 - they didn't run the auto tranny for good reason. iirc, they actually swapped in S4 6-Speed with custom adapter plate.

Thanks. I'm not leaving the transmission stock. The torque converter and valve body will be reworked, and an auxilliary cooler fitted. Further, the B5 S4 is A LOT lighter than the RS6 is, and it won't have a huge 4.2 Liter motor parked in front of it...

We'll get there.

Skydive@AI
05-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Unfortunately, my drivetrain came apart before we could get any real numbers. Tapp is in Ontario, Canada and I'm in California...

I suggest you call him, as he has a B5 development car which is fitted with the kit, plus Aviva's fueling, gutted downpipes, and a set of Evolution Racewerks intercoolers. The car is otherwise stock.

chris@tappauto.com or 613.225.8780.

okkim
05-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the Tial info. Is this set only sold as a set? It feels quite pricy, and I´d rather have just the turbos. I´ll have to send email to them.

Is this the Avivas web-page: http://avivainstruments.com/ ? I can only open the front page...

sean1.8t
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Unfortunately, my drivetrain came apart before we could get any real numbers. Tapp is in Ontario, Canada and I'm in California...

I suggest you call him, as he has a B5 development car which is fitted with the kit, plus Aviva's fueling, gutted downpipes, and a set of Evolution Racewerks intercoolers. The car is otherwise stock.

chris@tappauto.com or 613.225.8780.

talking about Sheriff's car?

haven't heard or seen anything on his car in a while...

Skydive@AI
05-01-2008, 02:36 PM
talking about Sheriff's car?

haven't heard or seen anything on his car in a while...

Nope. It is Chris' personal car. He personally smoked the clutch in it this past weekend at the track.

Skydive@AI
05-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the Tial info. Is this set only sold as a set? It feels quite pricy, and I´d rather have just the turbos. I´ll have to send email to them.

Is this the Avivas web-page: http://avivainstruments.com/ ? I can only open the front page...

The best way to get ahold of Jonathan initially is via e-mail. He'll hit you back with a phone number. (I don't feel like I should post it.) jonathan@avivainstruments.com will work.

I believe there are five of these kits in the wild right now, including mine, but not including Johnny's personal development car, which has a preproduction kit on it. I believe there is also one additional car in Canada which has a VERY early kit on it.

In my humble opinion, the TiAL kit is a STELLAR bargain given what you receive, and the price tag of kits offering similar performance. The ASP GT kit costs $15,500. Even if you spent $2000 on fueling, you'd be miles ahead.

Here's a link to the beautiful work of the TiAL kit: http://www.avivascience.com/g1/main.php?g2_itemId=1742

Granted, we haven't seen numbers from the production kit, but my feeling is that it will perform at least as well, and likely better, given that these turbos are designed from the ground up to work well with our 2.7T application. It's a perfect match. i've been in two custom ASP GT cars, and two TiAL cars with very basic tuning. I'm impressed with both, but for my wishes, the TiAL offering is tremendous.

I know there are some other folks out there working to get something kitted up too, but I think they're not likely to produce a wide, usable powerband like the TiALs do, and I'm also not convinced that at the price points being discussed, that the result will be viable over the long term.

Dan@JHM
05-01-2008, 03:48 PM
what does tial gt turbos have anything at all to do with this thread? please stay on topic and stop trying to advertise some other turbos on this thread.

Skydive@AI
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
what does tial gt turbos have anything at all to do with this thread? please stay on topic and stop trying to advertise some other turbos on this thread.

Ummm... Okay. I suppose you're right.

At the outset, I was only curious. I didn't intend to advertise, as I have no personally vested interest in the sale of the TiAL kit. There's one on my car, and I have other projects going on with Jonathan, but I am not involved in the TiAL kit. Some folks asked some questions, and I guess my responses were a bit too positive?

Certainly I'm going to believe my own choices are the best ones for me, otherwise I'd have made other choices.

Since the USP car is apparently mothballed or otherwise slated for something else, is it surprising that other options came up in the thread?

-Michael.

Mark@AutoSpeed
05-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Sorry to see the car put on the back burner. Although I must say I am not at all surprised at the power outcome/output.

Sometimes things look good on paper, in reality something totally different.

Still would like to see the dyno plots, otherwise this whole thread is a big disappointment. [headbang]

Das General
05-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Not everyone can make close to 800whp [cool]

VelocityS4
05-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Sorry to see the car put on the back burner. Although I must say I am not at all surprised at the power outcome/output.

Sometimes things look good on paper, in reality something totally different.

Still would like to see the dyno plots, otherwise this whole thread is a big disappointment. [headbang]
I will try and get the dyno plot next week when I get back into town. Unless someone else at the shop wants to grab it before then and post it up. I will see what I can do.

there has to be something wrong.

what did Simply's car do as far as boost threshold? im sure it didn't take that long to hit ~23psi.

6k is just crazy!

Yeah something is definitely wrong with the car.. it blows white smoke out the exhaust too, thats why I said turbo or motor might be bad.

hachirokukid
05-01-2008, 08:59 PM
you sure its not just a seal on the turbo....

I install alot of turbos into hondas and they all run restrictors oil fittings in the inlet of the oil feed line...

is that something that has to be done on the GTs on an Audi?

sean1.8t
05-01-2008, 09:31 PM
^my 1.8t runs an oil feed restrictor.

but im sure Jeff and the shop is/was aware of that and took the necessary steps. i don't think anything in this build would have been overlooked like that

AudiSportB5S4
05-02-2008, 06:45 AM
i still love my K04s lol... sorry to hear the project didnt turn out well it looked so beast. oh well hopefully some of these GT cars have better luck this summer when the are ready

pdq 5oh
05-02-2008, 10:26 AM
This may be a case of diminishing return. Not enough air pump to...........pump all the air required to make it run right. Put a big carb on a small motor. What do you get? A small motor with too much carb......and no low end.

OneSickSedan
05-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Sorry to hear about this man. I was really anxious to see the outcome. Hopefully the vr project turns out much better. Good luck.

Europowerhaus
05-03-2008, 04:44 PM

So when is the ol' "Drive the car in the lake" gonna happen? That should make pay-per-view for sure man[up]

j/k, you will get it workin eventually[wrench]on'

VelocityS4
05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Finally got a chance to grab the dyno sheet off the computer..
As you can see boost is coming in VERY late. Sorry the rpm pickup had a hole in it, but you can get a good idea from the speed. Its reving to 7500 there.
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/s4575.jpg