PDA

View Full Version : pes t28

basilv
01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
hey
just got my car running nice again changed the maf .I am now seeking more power I have 01 with the pes t28 kit in it...It only hits about 18ibls and holds at like 13-15,there are no leaks it does what the ecu tells it to do, but I would like to achieve more boost like 20 or 21 ibls.I was told the best way to achieve that would be to get a ebc from a good source like hbc,would this be the best way to go or does anybody have a better idea..

pipe7284
01-09-2008, 03:40 PM
well, many people have the EBC and the MBC, i would get the EBC, since you can actually accomodate the boost to whatever you want by just pressing a button instead of getting off the car everytime yo spinf the little wheel on the MBC.

mike-2ptzero
01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Plus the MBC's tend to cause some boost spikes which you wont want if your a dbw car trying to run the max 20-21psi.

Its odd that you are running the T28 kit with the GIAC software without a EBC since I thought that setup was tuned to be used with an EBC.

basilv
01-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Plus the MBC's tend to cause some boost spikes which you wont want if your a dbw car trying to run the max 20-21psi.

Its odd that you are running the T28 kit with the GIAC software without a EBC since I thought that setup was tuned to be used with an EBC.

I dont think from what i am told that they were offering at the time, I dont know if thats changed..They were very rude when i called them,all they kept saying was that i had a boost leak and i should be running 20psi and holding at 18,since my car is a dbw it does not achieve that...

salz2135
01-09-2008, 05:33 PM
when you say "it does what the ecu tells it to do" you're saying that your actual boost is within specs and that requested boost at WOT is only 13-15 psi?

do you have logs showing this?

mike-2ptzero
01-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I dont think from what i am told that they were offering at the time, I dont know if thats changed..They were very rude when i called them,all they kept saying was that i had a boost leak and i should be running 20psi and holding at 18,since my car is a dbw it does not achieve that...

When did you get the software from PES?

Reason I am asking is because if it is the GIAC software for the PES T28 they only had 1 and it needed to be used with a EBC for the 2001. The reason was because without the EBC they had to soften the boost so that it wouldn't cause the throttle to close if it hit more then 21psi during high loads.

biketsai
01-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey, I am also about to run a PES t28, hopefully next week.
hows it working out for ya?

maxspeed
01-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey, I am also about to run a PES t28, hopefully next week.
hows it working out for ya?

uhm, sounds like hes having issues...

mike-2ptzero
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
uhm, sounds like hes having issues...

Well have to remeber it is winter and since he is still running the N75 he is most likely also seeing a drop in boost because of the very cold air. If he was running a EBC the boost would be exactly the same all year long, another great reason to run a EBC on a BT setup.

salz2135
01-09-2008, 10:29 PM
what are the benefits of staying with the n75. I know austin tuned my car with one although I think he used to run an EBC.

mike-2ptzero
01-10-2008, 12:12 AM
what are the benefits of staying with the n75. I know austin tuned my car with one although I think he used to run an EBC.

Really isn't any. A EBC is basicly the N75 and ecu all rolled into one which can actually react faster then the ecu/N75, but the ebc can adjust for boost changes since it samples the boost while the ecu really doesn't use the map sensor to adjust boost.

salz2135
01-10-2008, 03:28 AM
so you just set the ebc at a max boost level? doesn't the n75 allow for partial boost depending on throttle position/load?

mike-2ptzero
01-10-2008, 07:06 AM
so you just set the ebc at a max boost level? doesn't the n75 allow for partial boost depending on throttle position/load?

You still get the same partial boost control wth the EBC. This is because the ecu is still controlling the fulling and the boost is also limited by how much the throttle plate is open. I have never had a part throttle boost issue and I have been running a EBC on my A4 for 6 years. This problem is usually seen with a MBC.

DSM 2 Avant
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Anyone try the Boost Machine on a 2001 AWM?

http://www.modshack.info/bm.htm

bassed
01-10-2008, 04:51 PM

Nope but I love my Apexi AVC-R

maxspeed
01-10-2008, 04:55 PM

the boost machine is an overprices bleed valve, you can buy comparable boost controllers on ebay for 20 bucks shipped. an MBC will never be able to compete with EBC's in capability, they both do the samething, but the EBC does a whole lot more of it

basilv
01-10-2008, 07:47 PM
When did you get the software from PES?

Reason I am asking is because if it is the GIAC software for the PES T28 they only had 1 and it needed to be used with a EBC for the 2001. The reason was because without the EBC they had to soften the boost so that it wouldn't cause the throttle to close if it hit more then 21psi during high loads.

it was bought back in 04 and ran the same since day one and yes it is the giac software,but nobody ever said anything about an ebc.I just recently switched out a maf sensor out of 04 1.8 because mine went bad , To my surprise it worked and my check engine light also cleared,wondering if i will still be ok with the ebc I am going to start shopping for....Any suggestions on what kind to get and where?