PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Clutch

oldblu
01-08-2008, 07:18 PM
What makes the clutch squeak and is there any way to fix it?

It just annoys me. I have no real issue with it. I'm just thinking, super smooth and quiet Audi shouldn't squeak.

pac1085
01-08-2008, 07:26 PM
What brake fluid are you using? If you're using ATE SuperBlue, that causes the slave cylinder to squeak on our cars. Otherwise, i'd change the brake fluid and be sure to bleed the slave cylinder as well.

oldblu
01-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Uh..I just got the car so I have no idea which fluids I'm using. How could I tell? If I'm not sure and there isn't really a way to tell, should I bleed what ever I have? ...and then use what?

I read a thread about this earlier but I don't understand what the brake fluid has anything to do with the clutch.

pac1085
01-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Uh..I just got the car so I have no idea which fluids I'm using. How could I tell? If I'm not sure and there isn't really a way to tell, should I bleed what ever I have? ...and then use what?

I read a thread about this earlier but I don't understand what the brake fluid has anything to do with the clutch.

Look at your brake fluid resevoir. If the fluid in there is blue in color, change it out.

Our cars have hydraulic clutches, and both the braking & clutch systems on our cars are fed from the same resevoir.

ibew5audi
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
throw out bearing? Mine has been squeaking for almost 80k. kev/9#fw

oldblu
01-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Will replacing the fluid fix the problem or just prevent it from getting worse? Both are good things of course..

SirDaft1
01-09-2008, 09:50 PM
i used to have a chirping clutch on my old 98 Impreza RS. Wound up being the throwout bearing. i'm not sure on the audi's, but on the Roo i could get to the throwout bearing thru the rubber boot where the clutch pedal attached to. anyone else have experience lubing the t/o bearing w/o dropping the tranny on an audi?