PDA

View Full Version : El boosto, El problem?

Stampy
01-08-2008, 07:03 PM
So I need some advice here. Last weekend I took the frontend of my car off to try and locate a nasty oil leak. I found the turbo, wastegate, everything under and around them caked in oil. That being said. I couldn't locate shit with it like that. SO I cleaned up everything as best I could in hopes that I could look under the car in a few days and see where its coming from. Before putting the car back together. I went ahead and did the Timing belt too. Now the car drives fine no misfires, CEL, or anything. Now though. Boost will spike to 9PSI in first and then drop to 5. Every other gear holds at 9PSI no problem. I have an 01 with NO mods whats so ever. Before I cleaned everything I would hit 10-11PSI all day in everygear. SO I don't get it. Is my trubo telling me something? Could the wastegate be fucked up somehow by me cleaning it? Could the timing be off and the car is adjusting boost or something? As you can tell Im kinda confused. I was planning on taking it apart again this weekend and making sure the timing is fine. ANy ideas or mocking is appreciated. Thanks guys.

- Jeff

Stampy
01-09-2008, 10:33 PM
El bumpo for El helpo