PDA

View Full Version : I like it tight, not loose...

.Mad Hatter.
12-28-2007, 02:33 PM
My e-brake that is.

When it is disengaged, I can pull it up about an inch without it engaging...so theres slack there. Can the tension be increased?

JaVa
12-28-2007, 05:52 PM
its a cable, they will stretch over time. there is a adjuster under there somewhere, had it done last time i was in the shop.

Lazer Viking
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
most domestic cars, you can set the ebrake, and move the car in reverse to re align/adjust it

probably dosent work here

Solaris
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Check the rear brakes and make sure the arm on the calipers for the e-brake cable is returning completely. My brake handle was like this a while ago and it was because the right rear wasn't being fully released. I fixed it by soaking down with PB Blaster where the arm meets the caliper and smacked it back and forth a good 20 times with a hammer. That loosened it up and it has been good for about 2 years now.

SFexBOY
12-28-2007, 06:06 PM
i really need to do this. My ebrake barely holds now b/c of this.

ExpLlclT
12-29-2007, 12:45 PM
me adjustments were under my rear door undernieth the chasis its a twist thing just go look under there

Revolution02
12-29-2007, 01:06 PM
My ebrake also has a lot of slack but works ok. I can not get it to lock my rear tires. Can any of you guys lock your rear tires with your ebrake?

Kronic Budz
12-29-2007, 01:40 PM
My ebrake also has a lot of slack but works ok. I can not get it to lock my rear tires. Can any of you guys lock your rear tires with your ebrake?

Im about to try it. lol. How bad is that to do on your car? Besides just the normal tire wear?

Kyle H
12-29-2007, 02:22 PM

Nope, only in the snow [:D].