PDA

View Full Version : window regulators

boostedup
12-21-2007, 12:29 PM
any posts on changing window regulators......i searched and couldn't find $hit, i took off the door panel and it does'nt look that easy [:D] i know u need rivets and a rivet gun, which i have, anything else i should know before jumping in...??

boostedup
12-21-2007, 06:09 PM
holy crap.........though noone buzzed in. i finished the job...and oh my god im not looking forward to doing the back window.it is extremely hard, and took me like 6 hours to do........[wrench]

dualaudi
12-21-2007, 06:36 PM
seriously? 6 hours.. what was the most difficult part? I need to do my front passenger window... it doesn't roll down.

boostedup
12-22-2007, 11:58 AM
seriously? 6 hours.. what was the most difficult part? I need to do my front passenger window... it doesn't roll down.

ya seriously 6 hours, theres no hardest part really, it's just tedious and you gotta break the door almost all the way to just a doorskin.......though i stopped to eat a sandwich,and took a half hour ride to home depot to get the right size rivets, since i only had small ones......window works like a charm now. though both my back ones are still f'ed up............[headbang] cheap ass regulators,too many little plastic peices.

quattro_mds
12-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Search on Audiworld.com for this tech article (interior) if the following link doesn't work.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int.html. Good luck! [wrench]

Calabria
12-22-2007, 12:46 PM
any posts on changing window regulators......i searched and couldn't find $hit, i took off the door panel and it does'nt look that easy [:D] i know u need rivets and a rivet gun, which i have, anything else i should know before jumping in...??
I got mine replaced by a shop, kinda $ too. Think around $400 total including parts and labor.
My window would go down, but would go very slow or not all. I replaced the motor thinking it was the problem, but it did nothing...