PDA

View Full Version : Belly Pan

jturnbull
12-20-2007, 05:33 PM
The other day i got in my car and i went to turn around in a driveway, the snow plow had came and there was snow at the end of the driveway, i pulled in and as i was backing out the ice from the plow ripped my belly pan right off now its sitting in my garage all fed up is this something i can do without or do i need a new one?

devmaster
12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
The other day i got in my car and i went to turn around in a driveway, the snow plow had came and there was snow at the end of the driveway, i pulled in and as i was backing out the ice from the plow ripped my belly pan right off now its sitting in my garage all fed up is this something i can do without or do i need a new one?

same happened 2 me last week.
as long as the plastic isent broken, and the mounts are intact, and u got the screws and carriers.. u should be good.

Toyotatech
12-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I removed mine 2 years ago the day after I bought the car.

Solaris
12-20-2007, 05:55 PM
You want the belly pan on the car. Good first line of defense for your oil pan and it keeps your engine bay clean. My Civic didn't come with a belly pan and the engine bay after 10k miles was as dirty as my A4's after 60k, maybe even worse.

jturnbull
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
it ripped the screws right through the holes so the one from how it came are fed up the other holes are fine but i have no screws or washers

Solaris
12-20-2007, 06:13 PM
if the pan is really messed up, it might be worth upgrading to the Passat W8 belly pan. It goes for around $60-65 at VW dealers and comes with the 3 screws for the rear mounts.

ChescoS6
12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Get one of these....

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/dieselgeekcom/Detail?no=374

Seriously though, I think ECS Tuning sells a cheaper version off a VW product, direct replacement.

Solaris
12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
yeah, the panzer plate will be the last pan you'll ever need to buy. For the price, though, that's like 4 W8 pans. I'm only on my 2nd replacement belly pan in 201k miles, so I have yet to reach 1/2 the cost of a panzer plate. I don't expect to hit a lot of hard objects.

jturnbull
12-20-2007, 06:36 PM
ecs sells one for $70 mine has a small piece thats still on the car the rest is in my garage

Solaris
12-20-2007, 06:42 PM
If you can find one locally, you'll avoid a high shipping cost. Belly pans aren't cheap to ship because of their size. I believe Dieselgeek has a reasonable price for their shipping of the panzer plate, though.