PDA

View Full Version : Neuspeed Exhaust

Squarrl
12-19-2007, 06:56 PM
I was wondering why this isnt as popular an option as the miltek and Borla? Also if anyone has one if they have any video/audio of the exhaust while driving or drive bys that would be great.

speedydragon
12-19-2007, 07:33 PM
probably just personal preference and performance gains. Just like why people choose giac and apr over revo. and giac over apr.

GetBoosted84
12-19-2007, 08:03 PM
I am wondering this very same thing. I am looking at the Neuspeed exhaust also but I cant find any good videos out there to see if it is loud or not.

Stampy
12-19-2007, 08:18 PM
From my experience with Nuespeed. They tend to be more on the Mild side of tuning. If everyone else is a 2.5" exhaust, they are usually 2.25. ECU software isn't as aggressive. I'm sure they K04 "upgrade" they have would get Ass pounded by any other makers. That being said, I used to have a neuspeed exhaust on my VW. It sounded nice and the gains were minimal due to smaller size. When I took it off. I noticed a hole in some of the welds. So Eh, some people just like neuspeed I guess

HIERLEVELZ
12-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Im using the axle back section of the neuspeed exhaust and it actually measures 2.75". I think the center section is 2.5."

Stampy
12-19-2007, 09:28 PM
OK, according to website. "60mm to 70mm". That would be 2.36" to 2.75". For the money, I would get something that uses proper piping throughout.

Squarrl
12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
according to 034 webpage the downpipe is 60mm and the rest is 70mm, which seems perfect for my upgrade path, since i can just put on a bigger downpipe later. Custom isnt really an option where I live.

mravantit
12-19-2007, 10:46 PM
GHL has a 2.75" turbo back, very nice quality piece. Kind of expensive though but just superb finish and quality. My buddy has one on his GTI

eurowerks
12-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Had my neuspeed for 5 years now and the finish is still great. Love the sound. Soft, deep with a little turbo whine. It's perfect for what I want.

Squarrl
12-20-2007, 12:32 AM
mind making some sound recordings? Inside and some drivebys?[:D]

GetBoosted84
12-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Had my neuspeed for 5 years now and the finish is still great. Love the sound. Soft, deep with a little turbo whine. It's perfect for what I want.

I tried to PM you but you have it disabled... do you have any video/sound files of how it sounds?

Also, could you tell me this... does it sound similar to stock unless you put your foot into it?

SpyderSE2
12-20-2007, 09:34 AM
I am uploading a clip of mine to youtube right now. As far as sound, I love my Neuspeed exhaust. It has a slightly deeper growl than stock, sounds very very nice. I love the muffler and tips too, they fit the lines of the car very well. My only problem with it is the screeching at WOT. I mean this thing gets freaking loud, it turns from deep growl to screaming banshee and scares anyone around me. Sometimes its fun, but sometimes I wish it would just stay quiet and not draw a bunch of attention. I actually just got an exhibition of power ticket and i think its because of the screeching. That would be my only complaint. I will post the video when its finished in a few min.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/SpyderSE2/P1030774.jpg
Alright video just finished, its not a very good clip but at least you can hear something-
Click here to watch the Vid (http://youtube.com/watch?v=HJeMgjX9n9w)

GetBoosted84
12-20-2007, 10:11 AM
That doesn't sound loud at all assuming you went by the camera on the throttle. What do you mean by screeching though? Like ricer fart can noise or just loud?

RAyala2.7T
12-20-2007, 11:21 AM
sounds like a sand blaster. i can't really describe it. I've had my neuspeed exhaust for 3 years now and I really can't describe it. Kinda like a deep vacuum cleaner. But not ricer fart can sounding at all.

SpyderSE2
12-20-2007, 12:04 PM
That doesn't sound loud at all assuming you went by the camera on the throttle. What do you mean by screeching though? Like ricer fart can noise or just loud?

By the time I go past the camera I am off the throttle. That video doesn't give a clear sound of the screeching. It is not ricer fart can at all, it is loud and crazy and scares ricers off the road. It is fun when someone doesn't know how to drive in front of you, you can pass em while letting them know how you feel by blasting em with sound haha.

anonymous6915
12-20-2007, 01:12 PM
i just found out im running a neuspeed(previous owner) and b4 we put it on the lift i couldnt tell the different from a stock a4....mine is 2.5 from the cat till the resonator and then 2.75 from resonator to muffler...dont have any sound clips but if you know what a stock a4 sounds like...its pretty much the same...on wot it just gets higher pitched...nothing special...thinking of taking the resonator off so it can be a little louder but i dont know yet...

Squarrl
12-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Mind revving the engine with camera inside and outside?

GetBoosted84
12-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Ok I'm sold. I just ordered mine from Supreme Power Parts (http://www.supremepowerparts.com/applications/1997-2001_Audi_A4_Quattro_1.8T.aspx/49/601/Neuspeed_Stainless_Steel_Cat_back_Exhaust_Manual_T ransmission_Only). Only $600 for the setup so I couldn't beat the price. Thanks guys.

eurowerks
12-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, it's sounds stock with normal driving just a little deeper. It doesn't sound ricer at all with WOT, more of like "that's right I have a turbo" kinda sound :) It gets less high pitched after a year or so of use.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/boyet19/neuspeed1.jpg

onemoremile
12-20-2007, 09:54 PM
The Neuspeed G2 is louder in an avant. Drone too. Not terrible but noticeably louder than a sedan.

a4fann
12-21-2007, 02:33 AM
I dealeted there mid-muffler/ resonator deal on there so it is just the one rear muffler. It is loud as hell also pretty darn deep at low rpms, when you mash it into boost it sounds sorta like a turbo porsche, It is extremely loud when I am at WOT.

anonymous6915
12-21-2007, 12:25 PM
im thinking of getting rid of that resonator too...a4fann do u think you can get a sound clip of yours?....o btw squarrl sorry but i cant get a clip for you right now cuz i just broke my camera but i should have one by the end of the weekend and if your still interested pm me and ill send you a clip of what it sounds like...gimme till like saturday afternoon...

SpyderSE2
12-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I just uploaded an old clip I had of the interior sound. This is when I had the wrong MAF on my T28 kit and was only boosting 15psi so the WOT screeching sound isn't quite as loud, but you can still defiantly hear it kick in like an afterburner.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3HUZNbFIs-0

RAyala2.7T
12-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Yup that is spot on what my Neuspeed sounds like. Just quiet down the turbo spool some since I'm not running a T28.

GetBoosted84
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
That sounds quieter than i was expecting. I can't wait till the UPS truck drops off mine next week :-)