PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem P0354(ignition)

Oricle
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM
For some reason my car isn't liking different spark plugs. I tried a set of NGK's this summer and it blew a coil pack. Today I tried to go to OEM NGK plugs, gabbed correctly, ect(whatever I read off audigeek's), and It threw a check engine light. Tossed my old set back in(well over 50k miles, and tried it. Same thing, car sputters for a few seconds, dies and flashes a check engine code. Checked it(misfire in cylinder 4, and a problem in the primary ignition/secondary ignition system). Swapped a different coil pack in for #4 and same problem still.
Has anyone had this happened before? I'm figuring I know what is wrong but don't have any idea of the part name on it.

FIXED. Took a razor blade, cut open the wire loom cover, and traced it all the way to where the coil pack connects to the harness. Turned out the #3 wire fell out.

Oricle
12-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Anyoen know so far?
It's not a coil pack, or a spark plug.

Poopie
12-07-2007, 04:54 PM
are you letting the car warm up? Is it freezing outside? NGK's really don't perform well until they are warm. If you throw in the plugs, then just take off they will missfire

Oricle
12-07-2007, 07:17 PM
are you letting the car warm up? Is it freezing outside? NGK's really don't perform well until they are warm. If you throw in the plugs, then just take off they will missfire

Thats more than that. I threw the stock ones back in and it still didn't fix it.
I don't think it has anything to do with going back to warmer plugs-if the stock ones wouldn't fix it.

TDRILL
12-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Hrm.

You didn't cross wires did you? Like put cylinder 3 wire on 4 plug (either at the spark plug or on the other end). Seems odd that car was running fine and then change plugs and have problem, put old plugs that were just working 10 minutes ago back in and still problem. Sounds like its something else like the wires or something. Only thing I can think of right now. Even not being gapped correctly prob wouldn't make it misfire badly.

Oricle
12-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Hrm.

You didn't cross wires did you? Like put cylinder 3 wire on 4 plug (either at the spark plug or on the other end). Seems odd that car was running fine and then change plugs and have problem, put old plugs that were just working 10 minutes ago back in and still problem. Sounds like its something else like the wires or something. Only thing I can think of right now. Even not being gapped correctly prob wouldn't make it misfire badly.

It is very odd to me. I tried changing plugs this summer, going to the gaps according to audigeeks specs, and it blew a coil pack which wasn't a big deal. Figured I'd try it again now that it's getting cold out and bam, misfire in coil D cylinder 4 code, along with a misfire on a cylinder 4 code. I may have somehow hurt the coil wires, which very well could have effected it. After work tomorrow I'll end up checking it out and hooking up a test light.

But all the coil packs are on the correct cylinders.

Oricle
12-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Still having the same prob. Broght a volt meter out, getting 14.* on the 4th pin, and the rest are getting 0.1*ish. I don't know the exact readings of what it's supposed to be.
The wires all look to be intact good as well.

Poopie
12-08-2007, 02:01 AM
its not warmer plugs. are you warming up your car?

Oricle
12-08-2007, 07:33 AM
its not warmer plugs. are you warming up your car?

Right when I start my car the vaccum is higher, it idles higher, and a few seconds in a check engine light for cylinder #4 starts blinking.

Oricle
12-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Any advice yet?