PDA

View Full Version : a more important issue..

msword25
12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
ok here is something that i coulnt find in the MANUAL since my last thread turned out to be a huge deal about it..
for my clutch peddal, i have to let it go TOO far for for engine to engage and move, its def. not slipping because it runs fine but like i said i gotta let it go at like 3/4 of the way up..
im gonna upgrade it once i get some $$$ and get a stage 2 from AWE but until then is there a way to fix this..[wrench]

BranCKY3
12-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Stock engagement point is pretty high. Sounds normal to me

msword25
12-06-2007, 10:00 PM
yea but i want to adjust it and is there a way to do so..
i drove my buddy's 01 S4 the other day and the clutch is completely i different..
i kno its a complete different tranny but you kno the point im tryin to make, i relesed the clutch about halfway and the car started goin..and it was like that with EVERY manual car i drove..
(S4 was fucking sweet too lol boost kicked in at about 3500-4000 rpm, chiped and intake, made my 2.8 feel like crap haha)

Poopie
12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Nothing you can do about the clutch engagement because it is hydrolic adjusted. The only way I can think of is having the surface where the clutch meets the flywheel machined down a bit when you do the clutch swap.

Bic-Ball
12-06-2007, 10:19 PM
the only car ive driven thats stick is mine. when i went to drive my cousins civic i stalled it because i thought it would catch a quarter inch from released like mine. thats right, i stalled a civic. as for adjusting it its been asked before and no one has an answer, poopie sounds right.

msword25
12-06-2007, 10:20 PM
^ yea ur right the guy at the dealership who sold it to me said it was hydrolic adjusted but yea thanks..

BONFIRE074
12-07-2007, 05:56 AM
I talked to a guy that works at a VW dealership and he said just about everyone that comes to test drive cars always stalls them becuase of the fact that they let out so high and they dont expect it...my 97 Jetta did it, and so does my 98 a4...just a german thing i guess

.Mad Hatter.
12-07-2007, 06:27 AM
its not THAT bad. i mean, ill alternate between my moms sentra and my B5 and its not really drastic...then again im used to driving both, lol.

OP, youll get used to it, give it time.

and stop replying to that other thread if you want to actually get helpful answers, like these ones.

Yaktizzle417
12-07-2007, 09:51 AM
My dads M3 is nearly impossible to drive smoothly after I drive my car. Even when the clutch and etc was stock, it was still impossible. Now it's even worse...

M5 clutch setup & lwfw

Just Quaff
12-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Buy a Honda, I hear their clutches engage earlier. And its more fitting for you. I think the manual is only 2 pages long too.

DeanUW
12-07-2007, 10:38 AM
http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164683
http://audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167960

just some reassurance for you

onemoremile
12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
My 99.5 1.8t is at the top and has been for the stock and SouthBend clutch. The 2001 S4 I had as a company car was about 1/4 of the way up and got even lower with the RS4 clutch. That one likes to be pushed deep into the carpet and grabs as soon as it is off the carpet. It took some time to get used to switching back and forth.

r0nd3L
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM
My 99.5 1.8t is at the top and has been for the stock and SouthBend clutch. The 2001 S4 I had as a company car was about 1/4 of the way up and got even lower with the RS4 clutch. That one likes to be pushed deep into the carpet and grabs as soon as it is off the carpet. It took some time to get used to switching back and forth.

Which car did you prefer as far as clutch goes?

msword25
12-07-2007, 12:39 PM
its not THAT bad. i mean, ill alternate between my moms sentra and my B5 and its not really drastic...then again im used to driving both, lol.

OP, youll get used to it, give it time.

and stop replying to that other thread if you want to actually get helpful answers, like these ones.

no i got used to it dont get me wrong its just that i thought it was wierd and i could do something, w/e im gonna upgrade it sooner or later to a stage 2 from awe after some other aftermarket parts
oh and as for ur last remark i posted that crap in the other thread because of that retard deanUW who has nothing else to do in his free time but set people up..
regardless its over moving on..

DeanUW
12-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes I'm a retard and set people up, I do it all the time, ask everyone. And if its over then why did you go back and post more BS to try and enforce your story. Lies lies lies, you are the type of person this forum, even world would be better off without. I tried to be nice and post some links for you about your clutch but you continue your bitching.... Good for you

msword25
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes I'm a retard and set people up, I do it all the time, ask everyone. And if its over then why did you go back and post more BS to try and enforce your story. Lies lies lies, you are the type of person this forum, even world would be better off without. I tried to be nice and post some links for you about your clutch but you continue your bitching.... Good for you

ok thank you for the links i appreciate that i really do, but that was pointless bullshit we were arguing about at the other thread..with that said i apolagize if i ever offended anyone by my remarks but i was really pissed about what was being said about stuff i didnt do..
anyways thanks to every1for ur replies..its all appreciated

Just Quaff
12-07-2007, 06:33 PM
ok thank you for the links i appreciate that i really do, but that was pointless bullshit we were arguing about at the other thread..with that said i apolagize if i ever offended anyone by my remarks but i was really pissed about what was being said about stuff i didnt do..
anyways thanks to every1for ur replies..its all appreciated

You "apolAgize" but you still can't admit to being an asshole? Seriously? Sure everyone is a bit harsh when it comes to the searching thing, but it's useful in jogging a point into your brain to not post ish like that. But you reacted to all those individuals (myself included) like a small child. Furthermore, you went a step beyond that and tried to pose as an AZmod and IM DeanUW, who happens to be a good friend to a lot of AZers. In fact, I noticed that you didn't have tint. Looks like you wont be getting that hookup from him. He helps a crap ton of peeps install ish and tint their cars and all you do is bash and whine. Seriously dude. you need to leave this forum or abide by a few rules and courtesies. I've been here long enough to know that. And trust me, I have had my run-ins with bad posts. But I didn't scream like a little girl. I request that you end this thread, having recieved enough info, and end your previous threads. And then, just move on and have some civil conduct among the forum. It's really getting old. You fucked up, so move on and earn a little respect among others. Maybe they can forgive you. Looks like a lot are being pretty nice about it.

urban96
12-07-2007, 06:58 PM
good to know their all like that, i was starting to think my clutch was on its way out (even tho previous owner said the clutch has less than 10K on it)

DeanUW
12-07-2007, 07:56 PM
[hail][hail][hail]

You "apolAgize" but you still can't admit to being an asshole? Seriously? Sure everyone is a bit harsh when it comes to the searching thing, but it's useful in jogging a point into your brain to not post ish like that. But you reacted to all those individuals (myself included) like a small child. Furthermore, you went a step beyond that and tried to pose as an AZmod and IM DeanUW, who happens to be a good friend to a lot of AZers. In fact, I noticed that you didn't have tint. Looks like you wont be getting that hookup from him. He helps a crap ton of peeps install ish and tint their cars and all you do is bash and whine. Seriously dude. you need to leave this forum or abide by a few rules and courtesies. I've been here long enough to know that. And trust me, I have had my run-ins with bad posts. But I didn't scream like a little girl. I request that you end this thread, having recieved enough info, and end your previous threads. And then, just move on and have some civil conduct among the forum. It's really getting old. You fucked up, so move on and earn a little respect among others. Maybe they can forgive you. Looks like a lot are being pretty nice about it.