PDA

View Full Version : Omg Ps Pump Will U Stfu!?

grip_racer
12-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Okay well its really not that loud, but my power steering pump has been kind of noisy when the wheel is turned ever since I got the car. The sound hasn't gotten any louder over time or anything, but I'm just wondering if theres a way to quiet it down? I just want as little engine bay noise as possible.

Also, while we're on the topic of engine bay noise, I'm getting a "clicking" noise at idle. It sounds kind of like the timing chain rattle on a Nissan KA24DE, if any of you are familiar with that. It's not injector ticking, it's coming from the front of the engine, so I guess it could be any of my belt accessories or maybe something to do with the timing belt? It was replaced at 70k and now the car has 115k.

Quiet engines FTW, let me know if you have any answers for me!

BONFIRE074
12-05-2007, 07:16 PM
check the power steering fluid, 90% of the time, you just need to add some more..and you have to buy special audi PS fluid..its around 30 bucks [down]

grip_racer
12-05-2007, 08:22 PM
oh, forgot to mention the fluid level is perfect

prey
12-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Is it watery or that oily stuff those domestic cars use, if its not suck it all out and goto the dealership and buy a bottle of audi ps fluid 16 bucks that will be more than enought to fill the whole resorvoir up.

that should solve it.
other than that its the P.S pump

Good luck

airy52
12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Okay well its really not that loud, but my power steering pump has been kind of noisy when the wheel is turned ever since I got the car. The sound hasn't gotten any louder over time or anything, but I'm just wondering if theres a way to quiet it down? I just want as little engine bay noise as possible.

Also, while we're on the topic of engine bay noise, I'm getting a "clicking" noise at idle. It sounds kind of like the timing chain rattle on a Nissan KA24DE, if any of you are familiar with that. It's not injector ticking, it's coming from the front of the engine, so I guess it could be any of my belt accessories or maybe something to do with the timing belt? It was replaced at 70k and now the car has 115k.

Quiet engines FTW, let me know if you have any answers for me!

wow its sooo awesome u have this problem after i solve it. i had that noise for 6 months and a leak in my power steering boot. but they were not related. anyways the noise is not enough oil getting to your valves. audi has a bulletin posted at the dealership on it and if you can prove service records (oil receipts) then you can get it fixed for free i got 6k in work done for free. the problem is a mesh screen in the oil route getting clogged or something. they back flush it and replace all oil emission control systems. was so awesome. anyways ask ur dealership about it. other than that the power steering is just loud so turn your subs up. haha goodluck

grip_racer
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
wow its sooo awesome u have this problem after i solve it. i had that noise for 6 months and a leak in my power steering boot. but they were not related. anyways the noise is not enough oil getting to your valves. audi has a bulletin posted at the dealership on it and if you can prove service records (oil receipts) then you can get it fixed for free i got 6k in work done for free. the problem is a mesh screen in the oil route getting clogged or something. they back flush it and replace all oil emission control systems. was so awesome. anyways ask ur dealership about it. other than that the power steering is just loud so turn your subs up. haha goodluck

wow, are you serious? how do i get more information on this? what do i say to the dealer? what information do i present them with?