PDA

View Full Version : LABREE HFC users please replyyyyyyyy

Brooksthepro
12-05-2007, 04:15 PM
just got off the phone with the guy at Labree. I was about to order but he scared me saying he would not guarantee it would pass smog in CA so i canceled the order for now.

I did a search but couldn't really find my answer. Anyone here have a Labree HFC in CA that passed smog? If not. what do you guys run that DOES pass smog in CA? I need to know asap cuz my car is in pieces lol. I dont want to spend over $400 for a cat. It doesnt HAVE to be high flow. But i would like it to be.

TIA

car is a 2001 tqm (see sig for mods)

should i be ok as long as i make sure the place i get is smogged doesnt have an AWD dyno?

Brooksthepro
12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
bumpidy bump^^^^

anyone? what cats are you guys running that pass smog in CA?

salz2135
12-05-2007, 08:39 PM
if you don't have a cel you'll pass, right?

Nebone
12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
It won't give you a CEL.

Erock
12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
i have one and i live in jersey and no with emissions make sure your o2 sensors are good

Brooksthepro
12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
no as in it didnt pass? or no as in it did pass?

_audible_
12-06-2007, 06:03 AM
No cel.

onemoremile
12-06-2007, 09:13 AM
no as in no problem.

Saturnine
12-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Bummer. I would have loaned you my stock cat if you needed it to pass smog, but i just installed it..

Just borrow one, get it smogged and then run a TP the rest of the year [:D]

iin10ded
12-06-2007, 03:50 PM
hey im in CA with the labree. its been on for 6 months no cels or codes. i think that generally that means youre ok as far as smog goes.

if you really want to know.. i'd be willing to go get my car tested if you're willin to pay for the test. i think its 30 or 40$. let me know. i' be curious, but i'm not due for smog for 2 years so i'm not THAT curious. =)

ps its a 98, aeb, 150k, k04, giac, 5bar, hfc, blah blah.

Brooksthepro
12-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Bummer. I would have loaned you my stock cat if you needed it to pass smog, but i just installed it..

Just borrow one, get it smogged and then run a TP the rest of the year [:D]

haha id rather not have to install/uninstall it every time lol but ya....thats prolly what i should do. i will if it doesnt pass

hey im in CA with the labree. its been on for 6 months no cels or codes. i think that generally that means youre ok as far as smog goes.

if you really want to know.. i'd be willing to go get my car tested if you're willin to pay for the test. i think its 30 or 40$. let me know. i' be curious, but i'm not due for smog for 2 years so i'm not THAT curious. =)

ps its a 98, aeb, 150k, k04, giac, 5bar, hfc, blah blah.

haha im not THAT curious also. when im due we will see...i think its comming up this next january.

hey, i have the exact same setup as you! its all getting installed as we speak, how do you like it so far? crazy big difference?

ps. i ended up ordering the labree hfc today. he said he was gonna weld on a little bit bigger cat for free instead of the extra 150 he quoted yesterday so i shouldnt have any problems with smog.

jrock
12-06-2007, 11:50 PM
So i am not in CA. Im in Colorado but i was in the same position as you. The labree guy also toldme that when i asked him. His direct quote was hell no. But i just passed emissions a month ago. I did do a seafoam treatment though. So i would do that and an oil change before emissions if i were you. It was a real b**** trying to find a place though that would run the test with the thin a** tires ig to on though. It took me two months to find a place. But i would say try it and see. I think you would be fine. O and also run the car on the highway for a while just before.