PDA

View Full Version : apparently a local has a 12v 2.8 rear mount turbo (videos)

loustylez
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
http://youtube.com/user/asv4k8
http://youtube.com/user/asv4k85

i'd like to check it out, but just thought i'd throw this up for all the haters that said this isn't doable. apparently it's doable enough to run auto-x, which doesn't say much i guess but whatever, enjoy.

i gotta meet this kid and check it out.

Flash
12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Sweet. Of course it's possible. You can turbo anything with a standalone and proper engine internals and fuel mods.

If you could, find out what he uses for engine management, what turbo and how much psi. Thanks for posting that!

CaSp3r9
12-04-2007, 03:27 PM
It was either that guy or the previous owner of that car that built it (not sure if he ended up selling it). He posted a thread about his build with pics and stuff but that was a while back, I'll try to dig it up. It's pretty cool but one thing that really stood out is how low the turbo and oil line sit to the ground. If you hit anything and rip it off, your turbo and motor are pretty much done for.

gotaudi
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
he is on audiworld, I think he claimed 235whp without a real tune. I wouldn't want a turbo close to the ground imagine a nice hot turbo when it is raining. also his intake is right their too you would think it would get soaked when it is in the rain.

pac1085
12-04-2007, 04:33 PM
He's running the stock engine mgmt. He has no way of retarding the timing.

sean1.8t
12-04-2007, 04:39 PM
he is on audiworld, I think he claimed 235whp without a real tune. I wouldn't want a turbo close to the ground imagine a nice hot turbo when it is raining. also his intake is right their too you would think it would get soaked when it is in the rain.

do we really need to go into this again?

i mean come on, everyone beat this topic to death over and over again a year ago..

today is now, lets find something new to hate on[rolleyes]

devmaster
12-04-2007, 05:44 PM
It was either that guy or the previous owner of that car that built it (not sure if he ended up selling it). He posted a thread about his build with pics and stuff but that was a while back, I'll try to dig it up. It's pretty cool but one thing that really stood out is how low the turbo and oil line sit to the ground. If you hit anything and rip it off, your turbo and motor are pretty much done for.

sts does a a rear mount twin turbo system for C6 vetts. and they have a warentee and every thing.. thats the proof. it really isent that bad

black00A4
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm sure some type of sheild can be made from stainless to inclose the turbo and intake, to avoid water soaking it.