PDA

View Full Version : just bought a 99' a4

eddiecut
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Got an a4 1.8t auto with 75k on it for under 8k, super clean car, the leather has no rips or anything... doesnt even look like it has been sat it. Pretty stoked about it. But I have a few newbie questions.... This is my first audi.

1.what oil do you guys use? it already has synthetic in it.... I generally change my own oil, but every audi owner I know just takes it to the shop and that seems spendy imo...
2. the battery was unhooked during shipping, have no idea why. But now the radio is in safe code and i dont have the manual. Does anybody know the sequence of buttons you have to push to get the code??? or is it different for every car... i have the codes from the back of the radio.

thanks guys.

Lazer Viking
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
you have to take it to the dealer to get your safe code

most people run mobil 1 synthetic, or castrol syntec, or some variation of synthetic oil

itsbigj05
12-04-2007, 02:18 PM
to get the code thing to pop up you have to hold in the rds button and the one that is directly above it.

dualaudi
12-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Congrats on the 99...

here's a good read re: oil. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173356

biketsai
12-04-2007, 02:59 PM
0w40 Mobil 1 Syn.
You prob have to call your dealership from what I am thikning for the radio code.
Just call up Audi and say you are a bestbuy guy doing a audio install and it reset and you need hte code ;)

devmaster
12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Got an a4 1.8t auto with 75k on it for under 8k, super clean car, the leather has no rips or anything... doesnt even look like it has been sat it. Pretty stoked about it. But I have a few newbie questions.... This is my first audi.

1.what oil do you guys use? it already has synthetic in it.... I generally change my own oil, but every audi owner I know just takes it to the shop and that seems spendy imo...
2. the battery was unhooked during shipping, have no idea why. But now the radio is in safe code and i dont have the manual. Does anybody know the sequence of buttons you have to push to get the code??? or is it different for every car... i have the codes from the back of the radio.

thanks guys.

Good luck with the car and welcome! [:)]..

o btw. its not leather. no 1.8ts had leather.. even in europe.
i fell for it to.
but its very convinsing pleather right!
and no-one out side the Audi community has to no..
haha

fikes
12-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't care if it was pleater or leatherette. I hate my sport cloth. Ill trade anyone straight up for it as long as there is nothing wrong with it.

devmaster
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't care if it was pleater or leatherette. I hate my sport cloth. Ill trade anyone straight up for it as long as there is nothing wrong with it.

you dont see me complaining about it. haha. much easier to care for pleather/leatherette, than the real mccoy [:D]

fikes
12-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Well hey....There is nothing better than real leather but I don't want cloth and done have power so real leather is sort of out the question.

Yaktizzle417
12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I love my cloth sport interior...

But I wish it was electric.. It seems to be impossible to get comfortable.

HIERLEVELZ
12-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Has your timing belt been changed? If not then that would be on my list of prioities before you start modding.

Shortness
12-05-2007, 08:07 AM
congrats on the car

I love my cloth sport interior...

But I wish it was electric.. It seems to be impossible to get comfortable.
i like mine too. my mothers a6 avant has real leather.... its nice but a pain to take care of and you always worry about it.

eddiecut
12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
yeah, I actually like that its not real leather, it seems to be easier to take care of....

I have yet to do a timing belt, those are done around 100k right?