PDA

View Full Version : My R8 and the Milltek Exhaust

offroad911
11-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I just spent three hours running "honey dews" in my R8. The Milltek exhaust is simply musical in it interpertation of the 4.2 FSI V-8. The symphony going on behind me is AWESOME. Absolutely, positively better than my RS4 with Milltek. Not too loud, very masculine, burbles between shifts, barks if throttled and sings at highways speed. The sound of the R8 and Milltek makes one shift up and down for no apparent reason other than to hear the V-8 music. And the throttle response, thats a whole different subject!

mdkellys
11-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Can you post that singing sound on here? Remember the commercial when the Porsche Cayenne came out when the guy is revving the Cayenne in the driveway and he has his cell phone on the ground?

It looks like you have been fortunate to own quite the battery of cars.

jason1st
11-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Are you sellin' these things?

Chris from Cali
11-19-2007, 06:27 AM
So is the Milltek for the RS4 worth doing or not? I am seriously considering it....

offroad911
11-19-2007, 07:28 AM
So is the Milltek for the RS4 worth doing or not? I am seriously considering it....

ABSOLUTELY ! I have had the opportunity to listen to two other systems and none compare to the sophisticated, masculine sound produced by the Milltek, not to mention the 26HP with the catback or the 46HP with the down pipes and catback. Very few mods produce anything near their cost, the Milltek is an exception. My 80% highway and 20% city driving netted 21.5 mpg with the Milltek, about 1.5 to 2.0 mpg better than stock, and the really funny thing is you will drive the RS4 harder with the Milltek just so you can listen to the music, LOL.

Maverick
11-19-2007, 08:26 AM
waiting for the sound clip......

Monchichi8
11-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Very, very nice! please post sound clips of that beast!

Chris from Cali
11-19-2007, 09:20 AM
ABSOLUTELY ! I have had the opportunity to listen to two other systems and none compare to the sophisticated, masculine sound produced by the Milltek, not to mention the 26HP with the catback or the 46HP with the down pipes and catback. Very few mods produce anything near their cost, the Milltek is an exception. My 80% highway and 20% city driving netted 21.5 mpg with the Milltek, about 1.5 to 2.0 mpg better than stock, and the really funny thing is you will drive the RS4 harder with the Milltek just so you can listen to the music, LOL.

Thanks for the input. I plan on doing the full exhaust (DPs + catback). I need to baseline dyno my car so I can see what gains are made...

[up]

jojogoya88
11-19-2007, 02:29 PM
pOST PICS UP MAN SOUNDS AWESOME.

JumboBlack1.8
11-19-2007, 03:44 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vwgqc7FTjT0
Does it sound better than this??? I just almost shat myself watchin this vid.....enjoy

offroad911
11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vwgqc7FTjT0
Does it sound better than this??? I just almost shat myself watchin this vid.....enjoy

To me and IMHO that sounds like a NASCAR, not what I want my R8 to represent. Loud is not the measure of a quality exhaust system since the exhaust will impact many aspects of the vehicle and usage. The R8 Milltek is much more sophisticated and masculine. The R8 Milltek exhaust has the right balance of sound, sophistication, response and manners.

JumboBlack1.8
11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
well, if you could possibly make some videos, i'd DEF love to hear how much better your car sounds than that. Granted, that clip may sound pretty loud, and obnoxious to some, but to me, its not bad, and obviously sounds better than my cheap B5 A4

toaster
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
yeah i agree with the [down] for that youtube r8 exhaust.

doesn't sound refined, like the r8, and all audis are. kinda borders on american muscle sounding territory now...sloppy and noisy.

WEEDER
11-19-2007, 08:53 PM

DO IT I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!