PDA

View Full Version : turbo went boom boom today...

InkednBoostedA4
11-16-2007, 10:06 PM
so... couple days ago i noticed the cute litte sound of my turbo started to sound not so cute.The dredded dentist drill became apparent[:(]. well this morning on my way to work the siren/drill sound became a very low pitched growling sound that would come in go in waves...that couldnt be good. figured it was on its last leg...as I was tyring to limp her home on the freeway all of sudden the sounds went away...I'm thinkin shit this can't be good "the calm before the storm" silence. then about a 1/4 of a mile past that i hear a tiny little ting ting rattle rattle...I look out the rear view mirrow...[mad]...nothing but white smoke. Flipped on the hazards grabbed the clutch and coasted on the shoulder to the offramp. sat there for a min or so and then she started to idle a bit rough so I turned it off and called the towtruck.
Finally when I got home I sat infront of this comp and ordered myself a brand spankin new K04-15[wrench] hopin it'll get here before turky day weekend so I can get the car running again.

Is it wierd that this whole time my check engine light didn't come on???

Nebone
11-16-2007, 10:15 PM
CEL won't come on due to failing turbo. THe map sensor could have triggered a cel if the boosting was bad before the failure.

Since you got a K04-15, will u get tuning done on it or just run it as a K03?

a4speed
11-16-2007, 10:21 PM
that sux man, have fun with the new project though.

do u have a chip in your car already?

InkednBoostedA4
11-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm actually glad it went now since i was going to just rock the ko3s with software...Now i'll be going ko4 software not sure which i want yet though.

speedydragon
11-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Nice pick up :D keep us updated ^.^