PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Head Unit that works with Info Centre?

Nor_Cal_Driver
11-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Is their an aftermarket head unit that works with Info Centre? I don't want to loose the display in the cluster.

bandit
11-23-2007, 12:02 PM
confused on your question.

audisnapr
11-23-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know the answer to the question, but just to verify, I think he wants the station ID/CD indication in the cluster display to work with an aftermarket head unit.

devmaster
11-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Is their an aftermarket head unit that works with Info Centre? I don't want to loose the display in the cluster.

short awnser: no. the driver display is all proprietary. unless ur a software wiz its basicl impossible
if u get another audi oem HU like a RNS or symphony/ concert 2.. it will work with some tweaks

2001A4QUATTRO
11-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I could put the symphony 2+ in my 01? I want to play mp3...

devmaster
11-27-2007, 06:25 AM

ya. u just need to buy a wireing harness. and u need a vag com to reprogram it

Nor_Cal_Driver
11-27-2007, 07:49 AM
What I wanted was a new head unit like and Alpine which would still work with the info centre in the instrument cluster, sounds like it's a lost cause, although the Symphony II sounds interesting. . .although I can't get my symphony unit out of the dash in the first place, I have ipod integration that has been sitting in the garage for six months.

onemoremile
11-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Have the dealership pop the radio out an inch. They did mine last week for free. Took the tech about 10 seconds.

I keep thinking that if I ever go with a carputer setup I'll use a vid card capable of two monitors and replace the info screen with a little iPhone sized color screen as monitor two.

devmaster
11-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Have the dealership pop the radio out an inch. They did mine last week for free. Took the tech about 10 seconds.

I keep thinking that if I ever go with a carputer setup I'll use a vid card capable of two monitors and replace the info screen with a little iPhone sized color screen as monitor two.

that would be amazing. extremely difficult. but amazing[wrench]

ElSnake
12-01-2007, 12:18 AM
If u need someone to pull it out just go to circuitcity and tell them that u bought an ipod adapter for ur car and u needed them just to pull the radio. worked for me.

Nor_Cal_Driver
12-04-2007, 08:19 AM
If u need someone to pull it out just go to circuitcity and tell them that u bought an ipod adapter for ur car and u needed them just to pull the radio. worked for me.

Thank you for the tip, to bad circuit shity is 60 miles away.

Jared71482
12-04-2007, 08:24 AM

The symphony 2 has a different sized faceplate and will not fit a B5 A4.

Jared71482
12-04-2007, 08:25 AM
What I wanted was a new head unit like and Alpine which would still work with the info centre in the instrument cluster, sounds like it's a lost cause, although the Symphony II sounds interesting. . .although I can't get my symphony unit out of the dash in the first place, I have ipod integration that has been sitting in the garage for six months.

No aftermarket units exist that will work with the cluster display.

You can buy the radio keys on ebay for like $10 or a local car stereo shop should have them or help you out. If you buy the keys, you need 4 of them total to remove a symphony unit.

sixfiveoh
12-04-2007, 09:48 AM
The symphony 2 has a different sized faceplate and will not fit a B5 A4.

As in length wise?

Can anyone confirm that it will not fit?