PDA

View Full Version : Name it.

Kronic Budz
11-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Ok, I have a 97 a4 2.8.

My suspension is clunking right now in the front. It is when the car hits any little bump that is in the road, bigger bumps and pot holes/speed bumps and you can hear it more. No noise on the freeway or any smooth road.

Now my question.

I would like someone to name any or all parts in the suspension, shocks or w.e that can make a abnormal clunking noise when driving. Its not any squeeking noise. I can also feel it very well in my left foot when i have it rested on my dead pedal.

I have driven in 2 cars in the past that made the same exact noise but worse. One was a Camry and the other was a explorer. My friend with the explorer told me it was a rocker arm. What ever the hell that is and expensive. All sounding as if the wheel could fall off or something was very loose.

I am beginning to think it might be my shock mount, or shock absorber in the top of the shock between the body.

Any input would help me a lot. thanks guys!

ILoveT
11-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Control arms, tie rod ends...

biketsai
11-08-2007, 09:11 PM
mine is the same. one of my upper right control arm rubber boot thing has a leak

Kronic Budz
11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
mine is the same. one of my upper right control arm rubber boot thing has a leak

Well i was recently informed that my right side TRE and control need of replacement. But thats on the other side of the car. You think it could be causing this noise?

Maybe a little domino effect. lol

Jared71482
11-09-2007, 05:33 AM
ride shotgun in your car and see if its more noticable... noises in the suspension will travel through the body of the car and make it sound like its comming from somewhere else.

Otherwise, just check your suspension out... theres a number of things it could be from the ball joints to a broken spring....

loustylez
11-09-2007, 07:43 AM
yah, jack it up, take the wheel off and look at the joints for the tie rod ends and the control arms. look at some DIY's on audiworld for installing coilovers and TRE replacements to get pics of what good ones look like. you can always take pics and put them back here if you're not sure.