PDA

View Full Version : US spec navigation in Europe

07A4AvantS-line
11-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Does anyone know if there are any US model DVD/Navigation in dash players that will operate in Germany (or all of Europe). I have been told that there is a difference in the satellitte connectivity in europe. Also I need a model that offers a full line of maps for Europe. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

T0M3K
11-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, if Euro RNS-E can be flashed for use with US RNS-E, then I guess it's purely software.
GPS navigation is the same technology behind any satnav.
The only difference is features available. Euro has "TMC/SDS (?)" and US spec has Sat radio.

Greg@DTH
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM
You should be able to take a current Euro DVD map and insert into the US Spec unit and have the firmware updated automatically.

If the firmware does not load you may need to use a VAG-COM to Measuring Block 56, the go to recoding (07), then Channel 097 (Downgrade Software) if the stored value is 0 than the unit will only load newer versions of the map/firmware if the stored value is 1 then you can force the unit to downgrade to a version with a lesser number.

The key will be to look at your system information to see what version of firmware you are running.