PDA

View Full Version : ....RaInY dAyS aRe CoMiNg.....

zimzima05
11-03-2007, 08:04 AM
so i bought this car right... the sunroof had some issues, and i figured it was just off the tracks.. so i took the glass off yesterday to "inspect." during my "inspection" (without the glass), i turned the knob and the once non-opening sunroof opened without hesitation... it opened all the way, and is not closing. so i have the sunroof class in my trunk, and an open sunroof with rain in all next weeks forecast..

after messing with it for about two hours, i finally gave up. i did a search on car-parts.com and found a huge auto parts place about 20 miles from me. kinda like hitting a gold mine. lol . so i went ahead and bought a MAF while i was there. 45 bucks.. not bad uh. .. *side note* I WAS TOLD I HAVE TO GET MY CAR REPROGRAMMED WHEN I CHANGE MY MAF... IS THAT TRUE?** so i bought a whole sunroof assembly ($175) and stuck it in my car.

now i have to put it in before rain/snow gets here... i've looked through the different write up on how to take down the headliner, but there isn't really anything real specific.. i don't want to screw up my car any more than necessary lol.

does anyone have the BENTLEY manual? if so. would you be so kind as to send me the detailed pictures of headliner/sunroof removal? i would be much obliged.

r0nd3L
11-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Don't have to get car reprogrammed to change MAF, might only want to reset the ECU.

jst4show2.8
11-03-2007, 08:50 AM
you know that your sun roof has a manual control to make your sun roof close again or is that not working either?

iwearpro
11-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Dude,try this for the roof http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec109.shtml ..I bet you have a contact problem..

SeanF
11-03-2007, 10:11 AM
yea, theres a manual way to close it, and there should be a tool in the glovebox to do it.

tamadrumr88
11-03-2007, 12:05 PM
mines on the back of the fuse panel door, but i couldnt get mine to work for some reason

zimzima05
11-03-2007, 02:34 PM
i found the little hold where u can turn it manually.. can u just use an allen key? i'll check the fuse box, cause there isn't anyting in my glove box.. how do you close it manually? just turn it?
i should post a vid.. cause i can't really describe the sound it makes when i turn the nob.. it's all screwed up. it opens up and as it opens i can see the little arms raising up. so it's pushing my roof up... one side doesn't even raise up anymore . it's all messed up.

zimzima05
11-03-2007, 02:34 PM
lol. today was a nice day.. lota leave ended up in the car tho. lol

zimzima05
11-03-2007, 02:38 PM
yea about the maf... the mechanic told me that u have to set everything back to zero or it might mess with ur gas mileage... he's charging 80 bucks to do that.. i was like.. uhh...... hold on.. i'll call you back.. so i'm gona go ahead and change the MAF tonight and just see if there's a difference

317ssayzarc
11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
to reset adaption values just do this:

1) take off raintray in engine compartment

2) undo bolts to ecu cover

3) pull the ecu out and disconnect the two plugs on the front

4) reconnect plugs and put everything back together

OR just look up ecu removal and im sure you will be able to find a good DIY

zimzima05
11-03-2007, 06:12 PM
so i just changed my MAF right.... now when i turn the car own it struggles a bit to turn on. and some smoke comes out the exhaust... is that normal?

loustylez
11-03-2007, 09:31 PM
was it doing it before when your car was running "normally" ?

check to make sure you connected it back right and plugged back in any wires.

zimzima05
11-03-2007, 11:12 PM
it was fine before i changed it... i'm pretty sure i hooked everything up right... is it the ecu that needs to be re set? or is it the part thats funk... it seems as tho i'm not really running at full power.. it's weird.. it's slow to get up to speed but from like 40mph + it starts moving...

317ssayzarc
11-04-2007, 07:12 AM
id suggest resetting the adaption values in the ecu... you can remove the harness off the ecu or dissconnect the battery over night (make sure you have the radio code)... id do that first since its easy and free...

if that fails either take some vagcom logs and see how many g/s you are getting at idle or swap back in the old part and see if it still does it...

post back up if those dont work

zimzima05
11-04-2007, 06:22 PM
alright. so i had to go to work about 30 miles away from me this morning... i drove my baby ... no sunroof.. 7am.. about 20 degrees.. lol.. that was a cold ride.. lol. but yea. she was struggling... when ifirst started her it did the same stuttered start again.. there was a big loss of power in the lower gears.. i was going about 65 and i felt like i was going about 165.. i just ended up swapping my old one back in at work. i think i'm going to try putting it back in and disconnecting the battery over night like u said. a mechanic that i know said they sold me a bad MAF.. i think that i'm gonna put it back in and try to reset the ecu before storming back into their place of business.

nobody has the bently pictures of sunroof installation???? it's gonna rain tomorrow!! i don't want to duct-tape my sunroof glass onto my car.. commonnnn

zimzima05
11-05-2007, 12:59 PM
i have an aftermarket cd player... i don't need radio codes for that, correct?

317ssayzarc
11-05-2007, 02:40 PM
i have an aftermarket cd player... i don't need radio codes for that, correct?

no you sure dont, i incorrectly assumed you had the stock headunit

zimzima05
11-06-2007, 09:57 PM
alright.. so i popped all the pillars... dropped the headliner and put in the "new" sunroof... i haven't put everything back together yet cause i'm debating trying to wrap it all with suede... but thats still just a thought.....
but now i have a couple other problems.. the "new" assembly's little sliding cover had a bunch of broken pieces on it.. all the little clips that hold it into the assembly were broken.. thats all good because i was going to put in my old on anyway... once it was out i saw that the piece that held the sunroof guides on the left side was broken... the piece towards the rear .. i tried gluing it back but it didn't hold.. is there anything else i can do to fix it?
and when i raise the sunroof up, there is a popping sound.. and when i lower it back down it is lower than the roof of the car..... PLEEASEEE HELPPPP lol.

and about the maf... it put the one i bought back in and disconnected the battery... hopefully this works...

zimzima05
11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
i left the battery disconnected for a night and a day.. and it's still not starting right.. i guess i'll just see if i can get my money back and stop being a cheap guy and buy a brand new one. lol.