PDA

View Full Version : bought black Wasps today

D Piddy
08-05-2004, 04:23 PM
i bought some 18x7.5 Flik Wasps in black with a polished lip today from Edge Racing. can't wait till they get here. they say next thursday(******g weekend) but hopefully UPS will come thru and get them here earlier. right now i've got my MM Evo 5s on 3 wheels and my spare for the 4th. should i not drive it much until my rims come bc it's not great for the quattro? overall should be good to have a new look for the car. it's just a shame bc this was supposed to be my lowering money but i have no choice now but to buy the rims

SoleMate
08-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Measure the circumfrence of the tired on stock vs. 3 other wheels. If it's not off by much it shouldn't hurt it from my experinces. I wouldnt do any auto cross or road trips with this set up but normal driving should be fine.

Can't wait to see the pics of the new wheels :)

dukez
08-05-2004, 07:17 PM
The Wasps look good, cheap too. I should get some (after i win the lotto).

xburbx
08-05-2004, 07:45 PM
hot wheels man, but werent you worried about how soft they are.? from your last post

D Piddy
08-05-2004, 09:10 PM
yeah, but the feedback from many people were that they're not soft at all. plus no matter wut they'll still be 100x better than my MMs and cheap enough to replace, so i went with them(woulda preferred the justices but they're outta stock and i need the wheels NOW)

nizmosx
08-06-2004, 09:13 AM
why cant he autocross it. hahah no one in the right state of mind would auto x with a spare tire hahaha i thought that was funny. not talking crapola.

D Piddy
08-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by nizmosx
no one in the right state of mind would auto x with a spare tire

i swear to god i saw this once. a guy in a civic was auto-xing for the first time and he had the no hub cap look going so me and a bunch of the guys i was with didn't notice until he lined up for his first run and we had a straight on view of the rear and noticed it was a donut, not a full wheel. that was some funny $hit

awe4rings
08-06-2004, 10:12 PM
Figures it was someone driving a civic...not too many people that would go out of their way to autocross would actually line up with a donut on.