PDA

View Full Version : Have some ideas in my head and need some opinions

a4rings
10-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Alright y car is in the body shop right now getting the front bumper repainted and rs4 mod done and i wanted to get the sides painted but the body shop keeps saying that they cannot guarantee that the paint will not chip because the sides are made of soft rubber and may chip. So i started thinking about other things that i could do and i kinda want to get my rims, roof, and mirrors painted black but i am not sure if it will look good. If anyone can do a quick photochop or give me some opinions that would be great. thanks alot guys

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/a4rings/Pickme4.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/a4rings/Pickme3.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/a4rings/Pickme2.jpg

Baberham
10-31-2007, 12:35 AM
I would get the black painted silver, change the rim's style and bigger as well... a friend of mine painted his side skirts (that bottom black thing) and he has gotten no chips in it. hmm smoke out your headlights and your side markers... after that it's pretty chills. the rest you'll have to be a bit creative because it's your car. but remember the little things do change the appearance of the car

p.s. I personally dislike chrome on the b5's as well as on many cars

a4rings
10-31-2007, 02:04 AM
I would get the black painted silver, change the rim's style and bigger as well... a friend of mine painted his side skirts (that bottom black thing) and he has gotten no chips in it. hmm smoke out your headlights and your side markers... after that it's pretty chills. the rest you'll have to be a bit creative because it's your car. but remember the little things do change the appearance of the car

p.s. I personally dislike chrome on the b5's as well as on many cars

I really want to get 19's because the roads in santa Barbara arent that great. y side markers are smoked already, and i dont see where you see chrome on my rims. polished and chrome are two different things

Kronic Budz
10-31-2007, 11:50 AM
I would do 2 major things to your car at this point that will bring it together nicely.

1. Take those damn wheels off, they dont look to great with your silver paint. Get some 18 or 19 inch rs4 wheels or something.

2. Paint your lowers silver. It will look so much better.

Sorry if i put you or your car down, your car still looks sweet homie.

By the way, What percent tint do you have?, looks good.

ILoveT
10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Hahaha... More people voted on your last option than anything else.

loustylez
11-01-2007, 06:50 AM
get reiger V1 sides or S4 sides, don't paint the sides. not with an S4 bumper. if yur gonna do it, do it right. paint the top and wheels black later if you want, but i'd also consider new wheels as well. i got a set of 17" B5 RS4's that could use refinishing if you're interested ;)

.Mad Hatter.
11-01-2007, 06:54 AM
either get s4 sides, or change your bumpers back to stock. painted lowers make baby jesus cry.

im also not a fan of the wheels...but theyre not terrible

quattroism25
11-01-2007, 07:56 AM
Everyone has there own opinion, its your car. But I say paint the lowers or get the S4 skirts. I've had mine painted for about two years now with no problems. The only way it would chip is if you go offroading or drive through heavy compacted snow.

Revolution02
11-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Please do not paint your mirrors black. I really dont like that. Black Roof and black rims are ok though. I would say try to go for the S4 sides if not then go ahead and paint the stock lowers. I dont really like any other sides that are avaliable for our cars.

audiFUEGO
11-01-2007, 11:26 AM
S4 side ftw... painted lowers f2p [confused]

paint the wheels. paint the roof. paint the mirrors.

loustylez
11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
i love how there's a giant tree casting a shadow on the ground and the wall, and that's where he parks his car, when 1 car length forward it's perfect lighting ;)

audiFUEGO
11-01-2007, 12:29 PM
^ hahaha