PDA

View Full Version : Surge/Hesitation between 2-3k

bigphil
10-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while... but I've tried to search and can't find a definite answer to my problem. I've recently purchased a 2000 A4 1.8T quattro stick. I've slowly been reversing the lack of maintenance (just cleaned, properly gapped my plugs yesterday), but I still have some funny surging/hesitation when I hit the gas between 2 and 3k rpms no matter what gear I'm in. This being a turbo car I have a bunch of suspicions, but I was wondering if anyone has a specific answer for what I should do. My car is bone stock, I don't think the DV's been changed, at the very least I'm thinking I'll swap in a TT DV for now (still contemplating K04 closer to summer). But could it also been one of the valves? (N75? N249?)... vacuum leak? I don't have a boost gauge installed... yet. Thanks for any help!

WhiteA4
05-21-2008, 07:54 PM
I am still trying to find out ... Having the same problem?

Anybody

otterski
05-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I've got the same problem too, actually. I was thinking flushing the transmission fluid and changing the filter would do the trick. But I won't know till I try it (two weeks... x.x).

tamadrumr88
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Same problem here too, but it doesn't register on my boost gauge which seems kind of odd. Only happens on cold starts though, after it's warmed up I don't have that problem

bigphil
05-21-2008, 08:23 PM
My MAF was shot to hell. Car ran like a champ after I changed it.

otterski
05-21-2008, 08:31 PM
The MAF, eh? Odd. I do need to change an O2 sensor. XD But I didn't think that could cause such an issue... Meh...