PDA

View Full Version : im stumped

TQMB5
10-21-2007, 05:59 PM
anyone know how to change the oil cooler? i had to change my oil, and i have my coolant drained already because i just did my powersteering pump. mines oil cooler has been leaking coolent for a while now so i ordered the 2 new hoses and a cooler, but am a little stumped on how it goes on there and comes off. also it doesnt have a threaded fitting for the filter, do i transfer that?

Wizard-of-OD
10-21-2007, 06:22 PM
anyone know how to change the oil cooler? i had to change my oil, and i have my coolant drained already because i just did my powersteering pump. mines oil cooler has been leaking coolent for a while now so i ordered the 2 new hoses and a cooler, but am a little stumped on how it goes on there and comes off. also it doesnt have a threaded fitting for the filter, do i transfer that?
There is a locking threaded nut (maybe 5mm thick if so much) that needs to come off.Its between the oil cooler and the oil filter.unscrew the filter and it should be exposed.Its going to be tricky to get to in the car so grab a size 30mm+ socket and some extensioners + swivles

TQMB5
10-21-2007, 08:39 PM
awesome thanks, i decided to do it next oil change as i didnt have a socket big enough and i still have to head back to school tonight but now i know how to do it.

onemoremile
10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
You're not going to make me do it?