PDA

View Full Version : boooooooo ecs, need to vent a little

jm121189
10-18-2007, 03:38 PM
So my order just came, late as usual from ups. I was planing on putting it in today but they didn't come until 6pm. I go to the door and find the truck is already gone and the package is on my front step. Instantly I notice there is no way this has everything i ordered since one item was a rear sway bar and the box is only about 2'x2'. The box only contained the coil packs I ordered and no sway bar. It is listed on the packing list included with the box and it's on my invoice on their website but i don't have it. There is no mention of a second box or it going out of stock. Needless to say I'm pretty angry. Now I have to try and call them tomorrow and hope I get someone before I go off to school so maybe it can get shipped before the weekend. If they don't upgrade the shipping on it i'm going to be even more angry because this is just bad business. Has anyone else not received the full order from ecs and did they fix it quickly?

HIERLEVELZ
10-18-2007, 04:18 PM
check your tracking number on ups.com and see if multiple boxes were sent out.

jm121189
10-18-2007, 04:21 PM
I did there is only one box. Checked their website and now the sway bar is displayed as back ordered. When I ordered it was in stock...

A4Rob
10-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Has anyone else not received the full order from ecs and did they fix it quickly?

I have always recieved my full order

a4speed
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
i would call ecs to verify if they sent it or not.

akielb
10-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I've always had good service with them, had one mix-up when I had to do a special order but that was it. They should have definitely called at least to tell you. If your packing slip says that its included in the shipment then thats total BS!

endlesswinterco
10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
never have had any problems wiht them. always on time, with the correct order. i would calm down, take a breath, and call them tomorrow, im sure they will work everything out.

seatown88
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
i ordered from them once and the part was backordered without letting me know until i already ordered it, but they got it fairly quick and i eventually got everything i needed, i still order from them they are pretty reliable

Starting
10-19-2007, 05:21 AM
i no longer order from them.

Don Supreme
10-19-2007, 08:10 AM
I also don't like ECS.

I remeber quite recently I called left messages, e-mailed, about a wrong shipping address. They took a week to ship out because of an item they didn't have in stock and THEY STILL SHIPPED to the wrong address.

I had to go retrieve it from the location they shipped it to..... Up to this day, they have not responsed to my e-mails or messages.

I then decided to give them another try... and they F---ed up again, sent me the wrong drain plug. I haven't even built up the energy to try and contact them about it.

dmaize
10-19-2007, 08:12 AM
i got a timing belt kit. and there was no thermostat.

GQ//S4
10-19-2007, 08:15 AM
My only problem was "same day shipping" meant they shipped the FOLLOWING afternoon, late, and then it took a week for UPS to get it to me? Didn't make sense, but whatev.

AudiRacerS4
10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
I've had nothing but good service from ECS and any problems I've had they took care of and usually picked up the cost for me.

Revolution02
10-19-2007, 10:28 AM
I always get good service from ecs. I buy most of my parts from ecs and have never had a problem with them. Knock on wood.

fred2ka4
10-19-2007, 11:51 AM
I have never had any problems ordering from ECS Tuning but I always talk to a live rep. to make sure my order is correct and that there are no parts on back order.

Bic-Ball
10-19-2007, 12:00 PM
I've ordered a lot of stuff from ECS and I've been mostly happy, they ship it quick, package it good and give you a nice invoice and the like. Their inventory is the best of anyone around so they get major kudos. Of everything I've ordered I've only had a problem with the wiring harness I bought from them. It didn't come assembled and it had to be in order for me to know which wires to solder. I gave them a phone call, they sent me a UPS sticker VIA e-mail to send it back to them and they sent me new ones, assembled. They are ind of expensive, but again, their inventory is massive, no one has anything close to it so they get major points.

andyrew
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I had the same issue. I bout some stuff including a cv kit, but didnt receive the cv kit. Sent an email to them and it took 2 days for them to respond, finally they overnighted it per my request.

Also an order I placed almost 2 weeks ago still has not shipped, and they keep moving back the dates on me.

Im not sure I will order from them anymore..

Is there anyone in cali that has oem and performance parts??

pinky
10-19-2007, 12:04 PM
i dont order from them anymore either.

kharsnett
10-19-2007, 12:30 PM
well last year i ordered all weather sport mats and i got the package, BUT those idiots sent me two of the same back floor mats. so i call them up and they said they are out of order but i can ship them back and wait. well it was in the middle of the winter so i was ready to just put them in. i was hoping they would let me send just one back but the whole set had to go. so i said f#$* it so now im missing one and it kinda still pisses me off [down] ecs

cmorse
10-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I dont use them anymore either. I order a front wheel bearing from them and they shipped me someonelse's order. When I got my order the second time they sent me the wrong size wheel bearing. The worst part was that I had taken off work and made plans to do it twice and ended up having to get if from a local parts store. I feel your pain.

AudiRacerS4
10-19-2007, 01:06 PM
no offense but there is no company out there that is perfect and every company makes some mistakes here and there. t

jm121189
10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Called and talked to customer service and he had his manager go to the stock place and personally check. I now have a tracking number so they found one and it's in the mail. I know no business is perfect but when it happens to you it gets you a little angry, especially when you get excited about installing new parts. My other orders from ecs have been fine just to let you know.

While were on the subject I was a little disappointed when I had a question on a clutch I had installed from ECS. I tried their live support over AIM and I got a reply and we talked a little, I asked my question and never heard back. I sent an email and it took about a week for a reply.

I don't want to spread any rumors or put a bad name to ECS but i've had a few bad experiences that make me a little worried.

2001A4QUATTRO
10-19-2007, 02:59 PM
They sent me the wrong drain plug one time. I sent it back out and they shipped it next day. All of my other orders were great! Also if you don't want to wait I agree about getting a live rep on the phone to verify stock and make sure that all of your parts are correct. AZ FTW [:p]