PDA

View Full Version : no cule what to do now

5hift9ear
10-08-2007, 11:24 AM
hii whats up everyone i get a little problem i started to install my cd player for my car today with my friend and taking it apart was pretty hard haha but we get it done then we get to the wires....now this is were the problem came he told me his not sure how to connect the wires he said we need to buy a wire connector or something im not sure..but i just wanted to know how have you guys/ladys replaced your head units..?and did u need to buy other parts for it to connect it

tx in advance for the help

nstabl
10-08-2007, 11:58 AM
any stereo shop should have a hookup for your car. what you'll do is connect it to where your old headunit was plugged in, match the wires from the new stereo plug to the plug you just connected, crimp them, and you're good. pretty self explanatory, just match the colors :)

SurferForever
10-08-2007, 04:00 PM
connect all the wires for the 2 wiring harness adapters before you connect them to the stereo or the stock wiring harness. You need to get one harness thats made to connect to your car, then one that is made to connect to your new head-unit. The wires are color coded so it is easy to figure out what what goes to what

generik777
10-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah just go to bestbuy, radio shack, or whatever. Tell them you need a wiring harness for a 96 audi a4 and they should be able to hook you up with what you need.

regisvu
10-08-2007, 04:29 PM
The factory radio shouldnt of taken more than 2 minutes to remove if you have the keys for it

go to anyplace that installs/sells car stereos and buy a vw/audi harness for $20. If you plan on listening to the radio, you will also need an antenna adapter, and the dash kit (fills up the rest of the space around the aftermarket deck).

The rear speakers will need to be rewired as well. You will only be using the black and brown factory harness, so dont be alarmed when you have extra harness that has no where to be plugged into.

nstabl
10-09-2007, 12:09 PM
The rear speakers will need to be rewired as well. You will only be using the black and brown factory harness, so dont be alarmed when you have extra harness that has no where to be plugged into.

Just curious as I'm about to go through the same thing...Why would the rear speakers need to be rewired?